British Speedway Forum

The KL meeting needs to be the last chance for some of these boys. Lets face it we only won at home to Belle Vue because Batchelor didn't try if Cook was riding we would have lost that meeting as well. 

Kurtz - I have a lot of confidence in Kurtz and he will come good. Even if things aren't going right I believe he could turn it around at any moment. 

Woryna - Average so far but I believe he will get better in time. 

Grajczonek - Struggling everywhere at the moment but Iike Brady I have confidence in Josh to put it right. You know Josh is going to get going its just a matter of when and not if.

Sundstrom - is rubbish outside of Sweden. Shouldn't be anywhere near an Ekstraliga team for starters. Protected at No.4 for us and he still cant achieve his starting average. Needs to go. I don't see Linus achieving his average. I don't see any improvement in him at all. 

Kildemand - Is going anyway but apart from Monday he has been fantastic for us. We need the Chris Holder of old otherwise this team really will fall apart when Kildemand leaves.

Szczepaniak - Not impressed so far. Expecting a lot more from him and I'm not sure if we are going to get it. I think Mateusz could be one of those Poles who turns out to be a flop on UK shores. 

Shanes - Should never have been signed. Matt doesn't really want him in the team and he's only here to fit in another 7.00 pointer but that 7.00 pointer is a flop (Sundstrom). Problem is he might have to stay due to the points limit.

Kildemand (If leaving) & Sundstrom for C. Holder and R. Worrall. Should fit considering everyone's average will drop.

The good news for Matt is at least he wont have to buy any 2x2 to build a new trophy cabinet this season

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Just seen this.I was looking in the wrong place. Missed the odd ride and 1 point from some.. If i knew it was that easy to find I wouldn't of bothered. :shock: ;)

No problem there, Chris can slot straight back in.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

. . . by hook or by crook :o

Thats your opinion.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Never be as good as fast freddie :D

No I agree he'll never be as good........

.....he'll be better. B)

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Mr Cook you are going to have serious egg on your face come season end.:lol:

Doubt it. There’ll be a world wide egg shortage by then the way Poole fans are having to lap them up! :)

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Sundstrom - is rubbish outside of Sweden. Shouldn't be anywhere near an Ekstraliga team for starters. Protected at No.4 for us and he still cant achieve his starting average. Needs to go. I don't see Linus achieving his average. I don't see any improvement in him at all. 

That’s right. You don’t see. Because you don’t see Poole ever.

Talk about running around like a headless chicken! I can see you running around like Corporal Jones. Don’t panic! Don’t panic!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Question for you Gavan? How good was Jason Doyle when he was Brady's age? He was either at IOW in the lower league or he was at Poole struggling to stay on the bike! And look at him now! You have no idea when riders will just suddenly progress. I'm just saying if Brady fulfils his potential he will be better than them. In my opinion of course! 

If you read many of my posts instead of being selective then you will realise i rate Brady. Fact remains he has had a slow/poor start to the season.

Will he be as good as Tai and Lindgren next season like you said? I doubt that. Not as good as Adams and Crump at the same age but has the potential for sure.

I admit riders regress like Holder, so soon he will be expected to beat the likes of Tai and Lindgren, but put Kurtz in the GP series eithe r this year or the next and he would be as big as outsider as Cook

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

The KL meeting needs to be the last chance for some of these boys. Lets face it we only won at home to Belle Vue because Batchelor didn't try if Cook was riding we would have lost that meeting as well. 

Kurtz - I have a lot of confidence in Kurtz and he will come good. Even if things aren't going right I believe he could turn it around at any moment. 

Woryna - Average so far but I believe he will get better in time. 

Grajczonek - Struggling everywhere at the moment but Iike Brady I have confidence in Josh to put it right. You know Josh is going to get going its just a matter of when and not if.

Kildemand - Is going anyway but apart from Monday he has been fantastic for us. We need the Chris Holder of old otherwise this team really will fall apart when Kildemand leaves.

Szczepaniak - Not impressed so far. Expecting a lot more from him and I'm not sure if we are going to get it. I think Mateusz could be one of those Poles who turns out to be a flop on UK shores. 

Shanes - Should never have been signed. Matt doesn't really want him in the team and he's only here to fit in another 7.00 pointer but that 7.00 pointer is a flop (Sundstrom). Problem is he might have to stay due to the points limit.

Kildemand (If leaving) & Sundstrom for C. Holder and R. Worrall. Should fit considering everyone's average will drop.

Why on earth do you want Shanes gone?

Both Poole and Swindon built their teams top heavy and went with a good reserve at 6 and a weaker one at 7. Davey has been worse than Shanes yet Swindon are winning matches. This is because their top 5 is performing as good or better than it should be and Pooles top 5 (Kildermand excepted) have been woeful.

Shanes is doing his job, if the other 6 were doing theirs then there would be no issue

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why on earth do you want Shanes gone?

Both Poole and Swindon built their teams top heavy and went with a good reserve at 6 and a weaker one at 7. Davey has been worse than Shanes yet Swindon are winning matches. This is because their top 5 is performing as good or better than it should be and Pooles top 5 (Kildermand excepted) have been woeful.

Shanes is doing his job, if the other 6 were doing theirs then there would be no issue

Agreed, James is doing his job, 2 points at monmore is ok, if the others do there jobs they can carry him. Matt said this season will be hard for him. But with him now riding 2 nights a week he will improve, but it wont be overnight. Kildemand was poor last night, and i would certainly expect better at KL..

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Question for you Gavan? How good was Jason Doyle when he was Brady's age? He was either at IOW in the lower league or he was at Poole struggling to stay on the bike! And look at him now! You have no idea when riders will just suddenly progress. I'm just saying if Brady fulfils his potential he will be better than them. In my opinion of course! 

I've seen a lot of Brady over the years, yes he's very fast and fearless but I've always had the feeling that he is a crash just waiting to happen.

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s right. You don’t see. Because you don’t see Poole ever.

Talk about running around like a headless chicken! I can see you running around like Corporal Jones. Don’t panic! Don’t panic!

I'm right. Nobody needs to see Linus in person to know he's riding poorly. 

7.22 average who is protected riding as a 2nd string who still cant win a race for toffee. 

The team is not good enough and its about time you realised that. We are very fortunate to have 4 points on the board. 

We only beat BV at home because Batchelor didn't try. Lucky for us Cook's partner had a baby if she didn't then that would have been another 3 points off the board.

We couldn't beat a weakened BV team around the NSS. Therefore we have no chance whatsoever of doing better next time when BV will possibly be at full strength.

Humiliated at home to Swindon. AGAIN! 

Pathetic performance at Wolverhampton and for some reason Middlo thinks we can take positives out of the meeting. Even Rye House had more race winners around Monmore.