British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

If you read many of my posts instead of being selective then you will realise i rate Brady. Fact remains he has had a slow/poor start to the season.

Will he be as good as Tai and Lindgren next season like you said? I doubt that. Not as good as Adams and Crump at the same age but has the potential for sure.

I admit riders regress like Holder, so soon he will be expected to beat the likes of Tai and Lindgren, but put Kurtz in the GP series eithe r this year or the next and he would be as big as outsider as Cook

I noticed you skipped over my comparison with JD! Actually I did say a year or so, which means at least one year maybe up to 3. You just never know when a rider is suddenly going to progress, like Ashley Morris. 

Actually Brady has done really well in Poland so far so bet Polish fans think he is ready for GPs!!! :D

When i first saw the 2018 Poole line up i thought that was a championship wining team, nobody in the right mind would surely disagree.

But as much that i admire Middo, i question if his drive and determination is still there

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I noticed you skipped over my comparison with JD! Actually I did say a year or so, which means at least one year maybe up to 3. You just never know when a rider is suddenly going to progress, like Ashley Morris. 

Actually Brady has done really well in Poland so far so bet Polish fans think he is ready for GPs!!! :D

Doyle's late career development is very rare and not a realistic comparison for any rider.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why on earth do you want Shanes gone?

Both Poole and Swindon built their teams top heavy and went with a good reserve at 6 and a weaker one at 7. Davey has been worse than Shanes yet Swindon are winning matches. This is because their top 5 is performing as good or better than it should be and Pooles top 5 (Kildermand excepted) have been woeful.

Shanes is doing his job, if the other 6 were doing theirs then there would be no issue

Shanes is out of his depth imo. Its ok to carry a 2 pointer if the 1-5 is firing on all cylinders but its not ok if 1 member of the 1-5 is struggling.

Personally I thought Szczepaniak would have been a lot better than he currently is and I thought we could cope with Shanes scoring 2 points a meeting because Szczepaniak would have been putting in the scores Klindt did at reserve last year but he has been a flop so far and now we cant afford to carry Shanes. 

I would give Josh Pickering a go as the No.7 when the new averages come out. Shanes doesn't do anything for me if he doesn't beat the opposing No.7 then he wont score at all.

Riders like Etheridge and Wajtknecht manage to get points off 2nd string's here and there or a main reserve. I feel we need a No.7 who can do the same.  

Szczepaniak a flop?

He was one of the riders to do quite well against Swindon and rode well at Belle Vue. Sure as expected he struggled at Monmore but overall he has upped his average and done a decent job. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sommelier said:

When i first saw the 2018 Poole line up i thought that was a championship wining team, nobody in the right mind would surely disagree.

But as much that i admire Middo, i question if his drive and determination is still there

I actually agree middlo dont seem to have the drive to get this team going just my opinion

9 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Shanes is out of his depth imo. Its ok to carry a 2 pointer if the 1-5 is firing on all cylinders but its not ok if 1 member of the 1-5 is struggling.

Personally I thought Szczepaniak would have been a lot better than he currently is and I thought we could cope with Shanes scoring 2 points a meeting because Szczepaniak would have been putting in the scores Klindt did at reserve last year but he has been a flop so far and now we cant afford to carry Shanes. 

I would give Josh Pickering a go as the No.7 when the new averages come out. Shanes doesn't do anything for me if he doesn't beat the opposing No.7 then he wont score at all.

Riders like Etheridge and Wajtknecht manage to get points off 2nd string's here and there or a main reserve. I feel we need a No.7 who can do the same.  

Szczepaniak would have been a lot better ? you are having a laugh!! get and watch some Speedway!!!

10 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

Doyle's late career development is very rare and not a realistic comparison for any rider.

But it does happen and unless you can tell the future then you don't know when a rider is going to progress. I'm just saying if Brady goes to his potential than he'll be better than certain riders imo.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Szczepaniak a flop?

He was one of the riders to do quite well against Swindon and rode well at Belle Vue. Sure as expected he struggled at Monmore but overall he has upped his average and done a decent job. 

Look at other team's No.6's banging in points. Bewley, Kerr, Newman (When he was at reserve).

That's what you would expect Szczepaniak to be doing. This is the guy who topped the Polish Zuzlowa 1 averages last year.

Fair enough not at Wolves I don't count that score because the track is very difficult to ride. 

Mateusz has had 1 good meeting for us and that's it. (Swindon) Home but he was riding against 3 of the weakest reserves in the league apart from that night he hasn't done anything.

3 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Szczepaniak would have been a lot better ? you are having a laugh!! get and watch some Speedway!!!

Didn't top the Polish Zuzlowa 1 averages last year for no reason. 

1 minute ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Didn't top the Polish Zuzlowa 1 averages last year for no reason. 

I think you have totally miss-understood my reply, Szczepaniak is by far IMO the best rider for Poole this year!  

• Like 1

Szczepaniak 18 points from 17 rides this season is poor considering he has faced both the Swindon and Wolverhampton reserve pairing's already this season. 

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

Just now, sommelier said:

I think you have totally miss-understood my reply, Szczepaniak is by far IMO the best rider for Poole this year!  

Sorry lol.

10 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Agreed. Szczepaniak has exceeded my expectations to date. He's been solid or better in every meeting to date. 

Fans who thought Woryna and Szczepaniak were suddenly going to be 7.50+ riders were extremely optimistic. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

The KL meeting needs to be the last chance for some of these boys. Lets face it we only won at home to Belle Vue because Batchelor didn't try if Cook was riding we would have lost that meeting as well. 

Kurtz - I have a lot of confidence in Kurtz and he will come good. Even if things aren't going right I believe he could turn it around at any moment. 

Woryna - Average so far but I believe he will get better in time. 

Grajczonek - Struggling everywhere at the moment but Iike Brady I have confidence in Josh to put it right. You know Josh is going to get going its just a matter of when and not if.

Sundstrom - is rubbish outside of Sweden. Shouldn't be anywhere near an Ekstraliga team for starters. Protected at No.4 for us and he still cant achieve his starting average. Needs to go. I don't see Linus achieving his average. I don't see any improvement in him at all. 

Kildemand - Is going anyway but apart from Monday he has been fantastic for us. We need the Chris Holder of old otherwise this team really will fall apart when Kildemand leaves.

Szczepaniak - Not impressed so far. Expecting a lot more from him and I'm not sure if we are going to get it. I think Mateusz could be one of those Poles who turns out to be a flop on UK shores. 

Shanes - Should never have been signed. Matt doesn't really want him in the team and he's only here to fit in another 7.00 pointer but that 7.00 pointer is a flop (Sundstrom). Problem is he might have to stay due to the points limit.

Kildemand (If leaving) & Sundstrom for C. Holder and R. Worrall. Should fit considering everyone's average will drop.

Quite accurate summing-up ...However, not sure about blaming Shanes ?

He's a 2 pointer, he's doing his job 

• Like 1