British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Szczepaniak 18 points from 17 rides this season is poor considering he has faced both the Swindon and Wolverhampton reserve pairing's already this season. 

Spanner hasn't been in the UK for around 4 years, and has been to wolves. Starting ave 4.54.....After 4 meetings it's 4.24. Should at least do his average given more than 4 meetings.

Woryna was 4.65 (at reserve I think). Now 4.89 riding in the team. Already up and he should improve even more.

Shanes was 2.88. Now 2.46. I wouldn't say "He's a dead weight". Will probably do his average given a chance.

6 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Agreed. Szczepaniak has exceeded my expectations to date. He's been solid or better in every meeting to date. 

Fans who thought Woryna and Szczepaniak were suddenly going to be 7.50+ riders were extremely optimistic. 

Szczepaniak has along with Shanes done his job, its the top end thats the issue.

And we was told in no uncertain terms how good Woryna was going to be because of how good he is in Poland. So far he hasnt shown anything to make me think he could challenge for a heat leader role though that may change in time

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Spanner hasn't been in the UK for around 4 years, and has been to wolves. Starting ave 4.54.....After 4 meetings it's 4.24. Should at least do his average given more than 4 meetings.

Woryna was 4.65 (at reserve I think). Now 4.89 riding in the team. Already up and he should improve even more.

Shanes was 2.88. Now 2.46. I wouldn't say "He's a dead weight". Will probably do his average given a chance.

Woryna rode at number 4 for the last part of the season and did quite well. See strange that he hasnt carried on his improvement he has shown abroad to over here

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Woryna rode at number 4 for the last part of the season and did quite well. See strange that he hasnt carried on his improvement he has shown abroad to over here

Cheers. Still on the up. I admit I said i thought Woryna could put 1.5 - 2 points on that  4.65. As we know to well, a riders form abroad don't always follow then here..

It's Gosh, Linus that have dropped the most I believe. I think Kurtz will be ok .Only had one bad meeting.

23 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Only  four meetings in mate, lets give the lad a chance eh..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I actually agree middlo dont seem to have the drive to get this team going just my opinion

How many years has he been doing the job, how many Trophies. I think he's doing ok. Just like football when they leave the pits its out of Neils hands. Believe me, he does his job in the pits.  There's only so much you can say. And before some smart Ar-- says its not football its speedway, fooballers leave the tunnel its out of the managers hands.

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

When i first saw the 2018 Poole line up i thought that was a championship wining team, nobody in the right mind would surely disagree.

They probably would win the Championship...

...The problem is they are riding in the Premiership.

Time to drop back down to a level they can compete at?

If Middlo has lost the passion to get the team going why don't Poole go for Stewart Dickson former team manager at Glasgow? In a lot of people's opinion one of the best managers in British speedway and would maybe relish the new challenge. Was he not going to be stand in for Middlo the other week, I read somewhere that Matt Ford had asked Dickson to take the team as Middlo was on holiday. Yous could do worse

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Owenbros said:

If Middlo has lost the passion to get the team going why don't Poole go for Stewart Dickson former team manager at Glasgow? In a lot of people's opinion one of the best managers in British speedway and would maybe relish the new challenge. Was he not going to be stand in for Middlo the other week, I read somewhere that Matt Ford had asked Dickson to take the team as Middlo was on holiday. Yous could do worse

I'm sure I've read/heard somewhere that if Middlo goes, Matt goes...

11 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Think it's the other way round.

I've heard it both ways, but you are prob right! :)

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

anybody know the full line ups for thurs meeting?

Yes!

Poole

Kurtz, Woryna, Grajczonek, Szczepaniak, Sundstrom, J Jenkins.

Weymouth

Batchelor, Wells, Tungate, Garrity, Klindt, A Bowtell.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Yes!

Poole

Weymouth

Oh dear - is everyone getting in for free?

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

Oh dear - is everyone getting in for free?

Adults £3 entry with a £5 souvenir program.

22 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Yes!

Poole

Weymouth

Weymouth?