British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Do you not have a team to support Steve ?

Isn't he allowed to comment on a Poole thread? 

I thought the idea of a forum is that anyone can comment on any thread. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Do you not have a team to support Steve ?

Yes I do thanks, why are you asking. 

Maybe if you read the post properly before replying you will see it was an attack on the rules.  You would know that if you read it.

Please don't tell me where to post please Mike, it's a free forum to post wherever you want.

Let's not start playing that game. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Maybe if you read the post properly before replying you will see it was an attack on the rules.  You would know that if you read it.

Please don't tell me where to post please Mike, it's a free forum to post wherever you want.

Starman always plays that game, don't know why.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

It needed clarifying from the off, ditto all the rules they make. 

The ruling only one over 8 is pretty clear if you take it by the intent. So when the averages become new for 2018 it could be assumed that you can't bring in any rider over 8 if you started the season with an 8 pointer.

Could Poole's poor start to the season allow them to sign a rider over 8 ??? If you want to fudge the rules yes. Typical of the BSPA to allow a rule to be interpreted in another way. And typical of ANY team trying to fudge that rule too.

Would Tai/Piotr/Zagar be allowed back on their 7+ averages or be forced to use the reassessed 9 they were given at the start of the season. 

One thing that can be sure is IF Piotr signs for Poole in place of someone else is that Poole will get tons of stick for under performing to make the move happen. Plus it would have the stinkiest odour to it as well.

Poole haven't got new averages yet so how can you say you don't have a rider over 8? You do until the new averages come into effect. 

This is one of the things that is my biggest gripe with British Speedway, which is shared by many others too - I highly expect the one over 8 has been sorted out amongst promotors but it isn't ever seen worth while spreading that knowledge with their paying customers. 

Neil Watson a promoter came on here earlier in the year and told everyone that the rolling averages were being reset and everyone would be issued new averages after 4H and 4A. It now seems that's been changed again and we are back to rolling averages with no explanation again or confirmation, other than new averages being published.

Fans continue to be kept in the dark and treated like mugs... probably for fear of them understanding and knowing the rules better than themselves!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Najjer said:

This is one of the things that is my biggest gripe with British Speedway, which is shared by many others too - I highly expect the one over 8 has been sorted out amongst promotors but it isn't ever seen worth while spreading that knowledge with their paying customers. 

Neil Watson a promoter came on here earlier in the year and told everyone that the rolling averages were being reset and everyone would be issued new averages after 4H and 4A. It now seems that's been changed again and we are back to rolling averages with no explanation again or confirmation, other than new averages being published.

Fans continue to be kept in the dark and treated like mugs... probably for fear of them understanding and knowing the rules better than themselves!

Couldn't agree more.

11 hours ago, Najjer said:

For once that is a valid post. I agree, everything should  be set in stone before the season starts and EVERY club and promotions know where they are, and those rules kept for the whole season. That said, i do feel there should be a bit of scope, for promotions to sign riders from a team building point of view, i still say its to low, lets face it, speedway is an entertainment business, and fans go to be entertained. These rulings should be set at the AGM.. and stuck to, then nobody can acuse anybody of anything..

Edited by Starman2006

13 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It needed clarifying from the off, ditto all the rules they make. 

The ruling only one over 8 is pretty clear if you take it by the intent. So when the averages become new for 2018 it could be assumed that you can't bring in any rider over 8 if you started the season with an 8 pointer.

Could Poole's poor start to the season allow them to sign a rider over 8 ??? If you want to fudge the rules yes. Typical of the BSPA to allow a rule to be interpreted in another way. And typical of ANY team trying to fudge that rule too.

Would Tai/Piotr/Zagar be allowed back on their 7+ averages or be forced to use the reassessed 9 they were given at the start of the season. 

One thing that can be sure is IF Piotr signs for Poole in place of someone else is that Poole will get tons of stick for under performing to make the move happen. Plus it would have the stinkiest odour to it as well.

Poole haven't got new averages yet so how can you say you don't have a rider over 8? You do until the new averages come into effect. 

But unexpectedly according to the BSPA website some  riders HAVE got a new average - based on rolling 20 meeting scores!!

12 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Yeh, but you seem to have more interest in our club that you do your own, Steve, thats very flattering, but surely  you should also consentrate on your own club.
I agree with the ruling situation,  as ive put in my post, this should be set in stone at the AGM. But it does seem some fans just like to take a swip at us, Matt is doing nothing wrong, to sign a rider it needs to be sanctioned  by the powers that be, and thats no different to any other club. They have the power to say no, and again, that applies to every club.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh, but you seem to have more interest in our club that you do your own, Steve, thats very flattering, but surely  you should also consentrate on your own club.
I agree with the ruling situation,  as ive put in my post, this should be set in stone at the AGM. But it does seem some fans just like to take a swip at us, Matt is doing nothing wrong, to sign a rider it needs to be sanctioned  by the powers that be, and thats no different to any other club. They have the power to say no, and again, that applies to every club.

But the trouble is, riders that were being lauded (by Poole fans) as world beaters before the season start have now turned into national league standard riders. This is why people constantly smell a rat where Poole are concerned.

29 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

But the trouble is, riders that were being lauded (by Poole fans) as world beaters before the season start have now turned into national league standard riders. This is why people constantly smell a rat where Poole are concerned.

Sorry I don'y buy this 'deliberately underperforming' rubbish. There is no way the riders are riding to get their averages down so that Ford can bring in riders to strengthen. This team was built to do the business but for some reason(s) they are not performing. Also, that strategy would be financial suicide for Matt Ford and he is no mug.

No I am sorry, Poole are just rubbish at the moment!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

Sorry I don'y buy this 'deliberately underperforming' rubbish. There is no way the riders are riding to get their averages down so that Ford can bring in riders to strengthen. This team was built to do the business but for some reason(s) they are not performing. Also, that strategy would be financial suicide for Matt Ford and he is no mug.

Agree no points no money.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

Guess we'll see when the changes ARE made, I'm betting on a sudden change in form.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Guess we'll see when the changes ARE made, I'm betting on a sudden change in form.

They should blitz us tonight then, seen as it's a cup match and averages aren't effected.....

Rolling averages already out on scb website and Poole currently total 41.2 as the 4 who didn't ride over here last year don't have a rolling average and are listed on their starting average. At what point do they get a rolling average as it is based on last 20 meetings

1 minute ago, Call me wolfie said:

Rolling averages already out on scb website and Poole currently total 41.2 as the 4 who didn't ride over here last year don't have a rolling average and are listed on their starting average. At what point do they get a rolling average as it is based on last 20 meetings

4H and 4A