British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

the Pole won't be going anywhere Starman, mr Shovlar knows his stuff

Mate he's a far better rider than he's been showing, you dont finish 10th in the European standings unless you are quite useful. Clearly something is not right, and we all know Matt, he will not carry passengers, yes in this league and at reserve he should be averaging 5 points a meeting, which would be a fair assessment imo..  Linus will improve, he tweeked his set up last thurs and went well, James has in the main so far done his job, nobody is expecting him to set the world alight, if the others do whats expected then James is under no presure, just ride his bike and see where it takes him. He's now riding two nights a week in leagues and he will improve, but it wont be instant.  My other worry is PK, his points scoring seems to have deserted him. again, he's a lot better than what he's showing.

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

That's your opinion!

No its a fact.

Middleditch said Pirates form needs addressing.

Last night nothing changed. Therefore time is up and time to go for Szczepaniak at the very least.

23 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

No its a fact.

Middleditch said Pirates form needs addressing.

Last night nothing changed. Therefore time is up and time to go for Szczepaniak at the very least.

I much preferred it when you supported Peterborough and fantasised about Kenny Bjerre!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I much preferred it when you supported Peterborough and fantasised about Kenny Bjerre!

I'm not KKS but if you want to think that then go ahead. It doesn't make a difference to my life. 

I want what's best for Poole speedway and that's changes. If I didn't care then I wouldn't be pushing for changes. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Unless Szczepaniak bucks up quick smart his place could be in danger, . I would keep james and keep Linus. Klindt's average is to high for a straight swap  with Szczepaniak as it stands, but im sure that Matt has things in hand. No, i am not happy to see us keep losing, but its all down to figures. Steve shovlar is ok mate, he's a real proper stunch Poole fan, and like all of us, wants the best for the club. Im not interested in the wind up merchants on here, who are clearly using the wrong bait, they need to change tack, try using Boillies and not worms.. i will ignore them,  i know who they are, and will talk to the decent posters, whichever club they represent.

I'm sure he is. :D

I think you mean staunch

I wonder if Matt is beginning to think when will I wake up from the nightmare which has so far been 2018.

Firstly it must have cost a tidy sum to put together that 70th Anniv meeting in March which was rained off and the cost to put together that dinner/dance and all the accomodation/flight costs of those special guests. No meeting and no income must have been a big hit to his pocket.

That was followed by 2 home rain offs incl the normally well attended and no doubt profitable Bank Holiday meeting against local rivals Somerset.

Next we have the situation of Chris Holder which is no nearer conclusion despite earlier comments of it taking approx 2 max 3 weeks when first announced in March. The lack of any news from the club on when it may be resolved not forthcoming instead just a stony silence yet he is racing in Poland and for Australia also in Poland only yesterday as well as best pairs meetings. The lack of any news or a sensible update hardly helps. I find it hard to believe they cant put at least some kind of anticipated time frame on a resolution to the personal situation.

Then there is Kildermand the cover (or maybe something more permanent) performing as some of us with an idea thought he might i.e to his Polish form of the last 2 seasons instead of that flair SGP rider many thought we were getting.

Add to this both the Poles and Sundstrom struggling. One I can maybe understand but all 3 ??. Then again Sudstroms POL form both last year and this is enough to tell the story. Spaniak - God knows whats happened there as although he did have a good season last year in both Nice 1 and SEC (did ok), maybe looking deeper into his previous seasons in Nice 1 tells its own story as nowhere near what he was last year. Even Rybnik (where he rides as first heat leader) may end up dumping him after his woeful efforts this year so its not just a UK thing.

Woryna - Its as if you can discount his 2017 brilliant POL EXL season and he has gone back in UK to riding to the level he was in 2016 ??. POL he seems to be holding up ok but then so far still not the brilliance (so far) of 2017and he is riding one league down. He is only 21 though and definitely worth keeping. Thought he would be one of our 2 reserves which was a brilliant move (before Spaniak came along). Maybe Matt has plans on that front from June onward anyway where I think he will really shine.

Then there is the team kevlars story which was put out with what they deemed as positive spin for being the only Prem Team not purchasing team kevlars. Have never agreed with it and when you get the likes of Woryna in those red kevlars looking so out of place to the others can you really tell me that is progress ?? Matt himself said he was having to cut back on costs but maybe nearer the truth was the amount of money thrown a the 70th Anniv meeting and Dinner/dance which no doubt such a saving contributed towards the ultimate PR disaster due to the rain off. Of course maybe he had hindsight thinking that maybe at least 2/3 of this team may not be riding in it come June ?? Even so I dont think the use your own kevlars creates the right team image although some die hard fans will probably disagree. Believe me I was brought up seeing Speedway from 1970/71 as a teenager so was used to riders having their own leathers back in the day. The sport has moved on and all top teams have team kevlars and personally I prefer it that way.

Of course Matt may not want to awake from his nightmare at the moment anyway. Doesn't he have Spaniak and Woryna lodging with him when they are in UK and possibly Sundstrom also stays over ??. Chances are he probably wants to skip the morning after the nigh before breakfast chat anyway as he contemplates possibly serving some eviction notices as the situation worsens.

In fairness to Matt I dont thing anyone forsaw the beast from the east and the continual rain that hit us the way it did causing such nightmares. Also certainly not having a situation like the Holder delay as well as so many riders not performing to what we know they are capable of in a league weaker than both POL Leagues. I feel a bit for Brady. Only 21 - still learning and not an out and out number 1 so early in his career. Of course he will have up and down meetings but thats how it is when you are on the progression path. He needs a true number one in the team like he has in POL so he can concentrate on his own riding and not carrying the can for the whole team.

I still have faith in Matt sorting it but for sure I dont envy him the task as its not easy, notwithstanding what cost may be involved when money is thin on the ground in UK Speedway.

• Like 5

Great post..

weather didn't help the start of the season and feel sorry for Matt for the effort he put into it and the cost he must of incurred.

never been too keen on the signing of Poles on a low average as most seem to struggle on our tracks.

Could never understand  the re signing of Chris Holder as he seems to have had so many issues in the last few years and don't think his heart is on riding for Poole... the silence on the current situation regarding him seems rather strange and doesn't give me any confidence that he will make much difference if he returnes.

Any one know if he has been at the Poole meetings so far this season as a supporter of he has been helping his brother down the road.

Think we were very lucky to have Chris Holder and Darcy Ward  for a few years when they were in their prime , those days are gone now we are back in the pack.... and am sure many of those who were jealous of our success then will now enjoy our struggles.

No team in any sport however good will dominate  for ever.

Just feel to return to former glorys they need to sit back and re think to keep up with the times.

46 minutes ago, tony159 said:

Just feel to return to former glorys they need to sit back and re think to keep up with the times.

So whats your suggestion,  ? because you have to stay competitive, and on the same token, you only get what you pay for..

Didn't Holder get banned from Speedway in the UK for 9 months mid August last year after the Lynn fiasco?!!!..... That would make it about mid May before he could race again, is this why he hasn't raced yet for Poole or was that punishment quashed? 

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

I'm sure he is. :D

I think you mean staunch

Ok i missed an A out.

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Ok i missed an A out.

I think your description of Shovlar, first time around, was actually about right.  

25 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Didn't Holder get banned from Speedway in the UK for 9 months mid August last year after the Lynn fiasco?!!!..... That would make it about mid May before he could race again, is this why he hasn't raced yet for Poole or was that punishment quashed? 

Heard he hasn’t got his visa to ride in the UK yet.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Heard he hasn’t got his visa to ride in the UK yet.

Why can't Poole just come out with the facts rather than the complete silence on the matter?!!.... He's either still banned or has no visa so what's the great secret about that?!! 

• Like 2

This is contrary to my usual thinking, but I'm beginning to feel for the genuine Poole supporters on here...

Not that kin eejit MFF though..