British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Beowulf said:

I think your description of Shovlar, first time around, was actually about right.  

You just cannot help yourself can you. Small wonder why i do not reply to posters like you, and many others on here.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, poole keith said:

classic

Another one... You want to swap places with me as well, yeh, hm ? No, i thought not Think before you post..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Confused 2

Mike,

you have gone through a very difficult time in the last 6 months. I am sure the doctors do not want you at all stressed. Stress is very bad for anyone, especially so with someone recuperating from a serious head operation. 

This forum is full of banter and bullies and is perhaps not the best place to spend time if you get at all stressed. Time out away from here might make you feel better and your health will improve because of it.  Absolutely no point in getting wound up on posts by people you don’t know.  

You don’t have to react to every post. It will do you more harm than good.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Was reduced. 

Thanks for the update, I want aware of that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Mike,

you have gone through a very difficult time in the last 6 months. I am sure the doctors do not want you at all stressed. Stress is very bad for anyone, especially so with someone recuperating from a serious head operation. 

This forum is full of banter and bullies and is perhaps not the best place to spend time if you get at all stressed. Time out away from here might make you feel better and your health will improve because of it.  Absolutely no point in getting wound up on posts by people you don’t know.  

You don’t have to react to every post. It will do you more harm than good.

Cheers Steve. But they should think before they post. Or perhaps they dont give a monkeys.

Edited by Starman2006

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Was reduced. 

Holder's ban and fine were reduced on appeal to the ACU. However I'm not sure how much of a reduction there was?

Originally I believe he would have been eligible to start racing again from mid April - but surely he would have to have a relevant work visa to be able to do that?!

As I've said previously, maybe he had to come back to the UK on a visitor visa and he wouldn't have been able to start the work permit/visa application until after his ban was finished.

I don't know enough about the visa application process, but presumably it may be possible for somebody to object to one being issued?! Any objection could be speedway-related or something else entirely, couldn't it?! Either way its Chris's business and Matt Ford is fully in the picture so watch this space.

Meanwhile we wait till the whole current 1-7 have got new averages - those already on rolling averages and those that still need to complete 4xHome and 4xAway - to see what changes MF will have in mind - if any, by end of May.

ps. Its a shame the rules don't allow for a last season's rider to be reintroduced as Timo Lahti is doing quite well in Poland!!:D:D:D

Edited by Skidder1

Looking at Matts interview in the Echo I cant help thinking he may be planning as flws wef 1st June

Think he maybe viewing it as a reshaping based on. BK/JG/JS on their new rolling av (Brady now on 7.64/Josh on 6.79) - Sundstrom will if he keeps at current season av will drop to what he is presently achieving approx 5.75 excl BP.  Woryna currently on about 4.89 so would drop into reserve which is what most of us hoped he would do before the Spaniak move. Chris Holder to come back on his 7.16 GSA as chances are we wont see him before June ?? - Kilderman in to replace Spaniak. His current av is 7.37 but even if he stayed at his assessed GSA of 7.17 he would fit in a redeclared team just below the 43 point team limit.

That would maybe explain persevering with Spaniak a bit longer as he knows it would also justify emptying him if he continues as is and would potentially swap for a better rider ??

Ok chances are they wont get top of the league but after the current start I think Matt would happily take a play off place. Let's be honest. Whatever he does now probably wouldnt help us salvage points at either Swindon or Rye House so start thinking ahead for the plan B come 1st June.

Ideally I would like to see another proven 8 pointer come in after the 1st June but that might require more tinkering on av. Having said that if we dont get decent individual rider points from both of those matches then will be interesting what Matt attempts come the visit of say Rye to Poole. If the av by then indicate they could fit a new 8 pointer.

No doubt Matt has fine detail on all of this info on riders current rolling GSA's are as well as what potentially riders would get as new rolling GSA's come 1st June. (23rd May is last date for new GSA calculation which coincides with Wolves coming to Poole). One thing for sure is that Woryna at reserve would be great as he will undoubtedly get better.

No doubt there are other poss rider combinations out there.

24 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Cheers Steve. But they should think before they post. Or perhaps they dont give a monkeys.

No they shouldn't. It's you who shouldn't respond. Try and chill out a bit or take a break off here. 

• Like 8

The hasty reuntroduction of rolling averages to include 2017 meetings mustve been for a reason

Perhaps there was some caught wind of who was planned to be released when Holder could return and it was decided to make it more difficult.....

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

You just cannot help yourself can you. Small wonder why i do not reply to posters like you, and many others on here.

Good job you didn't reply to him

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Given up trying to get Freddie Lindgren in so no doubt they are looking at getting Chris Holder in and keeping the current top five to give a more balanced team. However with Holder now back racing, shouldn't it be Kildemand looking to get back in as cover shouldn't be given for a rider that is riding on other days overseas. 

Nicolai Klindt another option and a decent second string / reserve. Personally don't think Sundstrom is the rider people thought he was going to be and maybe that could be one avenue to get Holder and Kildemand in the team along with Klindt. 

Can't see Freddie riding for anyone else other than Wolves. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Given up trying to get Freddie Lindgren in so no doubt they are looking at getting Chris Holder in and keeping the current top five to give a more balanced team. However with Holder now back racing, shouldn't it be Kildemand looking to get back in as cover shouldn't be given for a rider that is riding on other days overseas. 

Nicolai Klindt another option and a decent second string / reserve. Personally don't think Sundstrom is the rider people thought he was going to be and maybe that could be one avenue to get Holder and Kildemand in the team along with Klindt. 

I think Klindt is a half decent reserve but have my doubts as a top half of the team rider.

In his 12 matches in 2017 mainly as reserve he achieved 5.78 (excl BP). Sundstrom currently in main body (even if partly protected riding at 2) is 5.75  excl BP based on his first 4 league matches. Who has the greater scope to improve. I would argue probably Sundstrom if he gets a similar new rolling GSA come 23/5 which is the last qualifying meeting on the 4H/4A effective from June. In an ideal World I would love to see a Woryna (currently 4.89) and either a Klindt/Sund as reserve partner but cant see that happening. Sundstrom is ideal to keep if they are looking to strengthen further up as one would HOPE that his av will eventually climb.

Cant help thinking they will persevere with Shanes if only because they need the points to strengthen at the top. If they go too strong at reserve that would scupper having say Holder/Kild or maybe another 8 pointer come in.

It would clear the muddy waters a bit if we could at least be told there was a good chance Chris will be back from 1st June as it would be a clear indication he still formulates part of the team when the new rolling GSA's for all riders come into effect.

In the meantime we can only play the guessing game on what may be the team combo come 1st June.

23 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Can't see Freddie riding for anyone else other than Wolves. 

Yeah I agree it would be weird seeing him on there shores racing for someone else, especially being a long servant for Wolves.

• Like 1