British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I can't agree with dropping James Shanes he has done his job and Neilsen won't be any better.

Does not surprise me , same happened to Newman last year.

must make loyal young  English riders who really want to ride for  Poole start to have second thoughts.

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

shouldn't you be watching the updates from Lakeside, I think there getting a pasting

Only losing by 6 with 2 of our top 3 missing is fine with me. It’s the league that counts and we are second. Concentrate on your shower 

1 minute ago, tony159 said:

Does not surprise me , same happened to Newman last year.

must make loyal young  English riders who really want to ride for  Poole start to have second thoughts.

If anyone deserves to go it isn't Shanes and i think he has been treated very badly. Neilsen to come in for Szczpaniak i would understand.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I can't agree with dropping James Shanes he has done his job and Neilsen won't be any better.

Can’t agree with that. Stefan is much better. It’s unbelievable that the rules allow such radical new averages after so few matches. Wasn’t it obvious to the other promoters that the inscrutable one would take advantage?

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Of course Stefan will do better than James as he’s a better rider.

Shame as I was hoping he could be fitted in with his parent club.

12 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Only losing by 6 with 2 of our top 3 missing is fine with me. It’s the league that counts and we are second. Concentrate on your shower

that's rich coming from you

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kildemand scoring 4 at Somerset? Josh not doing his job. Spanner off form. Only Kurtz and Woryna doing their job. Every meeting we lose it in the first few heats. Changes are needed and will happen. Riders know if they don’t perform they won’t be in the team for long. 

Hilarious, you were calling people corporal Jones yesterday. . .more sides than a 50p.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

James Holder, what are you on about

I reckon you mean Jack

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Cant believe Poole have got rid of Shanes.

Build a top heavy team and then expect a 2 pointer to get 5 or 6 a meeting because the top end isnt performing.

Ford says its for a month then Shanes might come back in................if i was Shanes i would tell him to stick it where the sun doesnt shine and concentrate on Sheffield

It's no surprise. Poole have an abysmal record with British riders. Newman... binned.  Howarth. ..binned. They have to rely on the foreigners to do the business and when they don't they sack a Brit who is doing his job.

3 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Although of course, if you drop a rider they can't be broughht back in the same season.... unless we're ignoring that rule.

The rule of course is there for this very reason, to stop a team dropping a rider, waiting a month for the averages to change and then fiddling him back in.

The rule that's been in existence for several seasons now.

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

nothing wrong with Nielsen for Shanes, a very good rider, and ENGLISH

That's Danish born Nielsen of course. :wink:

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well I didn't think James would be the one going. Hope he's back in a month then and Stefan puts himself in the shop window if he's only here for a little bit. 

As previously mentioned you can't reintroduce a rider you previously released in same season. It's a good rule for a very good reason. 

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

A very good move by Mr. Ford.

Nielsen scoring points this year. Has got good equipment this year. Proper team behind him.

Not shocked James has gone. He comes across as a very likeable lad. Well spoken and a true Gentleman but he was way out of his depth in this league. 

Fact is he was only achieving his average by beating Poole riders. I wish James all the best in the future.

Shanes will get fixed up at Swindon for Davey soon so this deal maybe a straight loan swap

Yes as that would be a great move with James riding for Sheffield on a Thursday night like most of Swindon’s home meetings.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Yes as that would be a great move with James riding for Sheffield on a Thursday night like most of Swindon’s home meetings.

Oh yeah. Forgot the rules were bent for Swindon to have a better choice of guests with the Thursday race night

10 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Maybe we should sign Shanes to ride in the other matches with someone (even Mitchell) guesting for him at home

Our new rider scored a 16+2 paid maximum riding in the 1-5 tonight whilst Shanes managed 5 points riding at No.7 against Sarjeant, Thomas and Smith.

Hate all you want.......Its good business. 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

They can't drop him and bring him back, there is a rule to stop that, but there again this is Poole

It's alright. Matt was only trying to soften the blow to Poole fans anyway.

Stefan is very under rated he has progressed a lot in the last few seasons if he can steer clear of injury he will be a very good signing.