British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Very sad to be losing smiler, but the changes are inevitable. More to come once 4h4a. 

Do fans of other clubs expect Matt Ford to do nothing about our poor start? Poole are the only club in the UK that treat the sport as the Poles do. In it to win it. If a rider is not performing his place in the team is under threat. James is an unfortunate victim of circumstance. Hope he is back at the end of the month.

And I hope England win the world cup......But neither of them are going to happen. 

Welcome to Poole Nielsen.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Can’t be dropped and then reintroduced or is that going to be changed to suit Poole

Matt doesn't want him back anyway. Just trying to soften the blow to the young lad.

James was only in the team so we could fit Sundstrom in. 

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

No problem, thank you for your honesty Beowulf, i have been through an horendous time, it will take me about 18 mths to be myself again, so im still in recovery mode and on edge, and this is part of my distraction, as well as me racing. Im sorry to hear of your loss, its not nice when that happens, my condolences to you. What happened to me puts a different slant on life which could happen to anybody. The tumour was 2 inches round and benign  but it could have been oh so much worse, and ive been very lucky so far but its still scary and hard.  Thank you again.

All the best Starman2006. 

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Cant believe Poole have got rid of Shanes.

Build a top heavy team and then expect a 2 pointer to get 5 or 6 a meeting because the top end isnt performing.

Ford says its for a month then Shanes might come back in................if i was Shanes i would tell him to stick it where the sun doesnt shine and concentrate on Sheffield

Shanes isn't like you. He's mature. 

9 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Oh yeah. Forgot the rules were bent for Swindon to have a better choice of guests with the Thursday race night

Shame really as I hope that the big boys insist that Swindon will have to drop down next year to keep riding on a Thursday.

6 minutes ago, lewy said:

Stefan is very under rated he has progressed a lot in the last few seasons if he can steer clear of injury he will be a very good signing.

A very under rated rider who was treated badly by Swindon when they signed him as an asset then didn’t use him.

He’s been unlucky with injuries since but seems to be on the mark again although I think he rode against the worst Premier league in history tonight in Redcar.

10 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Our new rider scored a 16+2 paid maximum riding in the 1-5 tonight whilst Shanes managed 5 points riding at No.7 against Sarjeant, Thomas and Smith.

Hate all you want.......Its good business. 

Absolutely. James hasn't progressed since last season in an arguably weaker league. I don't see him much above reserve in the CL but would love for him to prove me wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

And I hope England win the world cup......But neither of them are going to happen. 

Welcome to Poole Nielsen.

That's Danish born Nielsen. 

56 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Matt doesn't want him back anyway. Just trying to soften the blow to the young lad.

James was only in the team so we could fit Sundstrom in. 

Hope the lad don't read this forum..

So do I!  He's doing really well for Sheffield at the moment and it must feel like a kick in the teeth...

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

That's Danish born Nielsen. 

British, Danish, Swedish, Polish I don't care.

He's an improvement on Shanes and that's all that matters really.

4 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

He's an improvement on Shanes

Unconvinced on that. Shanes got what 4 meetings this season. Will Neilsen get as many.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hope the lad don't read this forum..

I'm not being nasty I'm just being honest. 

Matt wasn't keen to sign James at the start of the season was he?

Matt said Shanes will only be signed if we can get the Poles to relax over the British rule (Sundstrom deal)

If the Poles didn't budge then Shanes wouldn't have been in the 1-7 to begin with. I know it comes across as nasty but it's the truth at the end of the day. 

I wish James all the best and I hope he bangs in big points for Sheffield as well as Grass and Long track commitments. He comes across as a likeable lad with a good attitude and I don't have anything against him. 

Something needed to be done about the reserves and Szczepaniak could come good but Shanes wont because the standard of reserves is higher than last year.

I don't expect James to be scoring points against these riders. He's still learning and gaining experience as a Speedway rider.

I haven't said he is a rubbish rider or anything because he isn't. All I have said is he is out of his depth. 

Just now, Col said:

Unconvinced on that. Shanes got what 4 meetings this season. Will Neilsen get as many.

Nielsen has invested a lot of money into equipment this year and has a proper team behind him. He has been scoring very well for Scunthorpe in the 1-5. 

I don't know how long Nielsen will last maybe 28 days maybe longer. I don't know what Matt is planning behind the scenes.

47 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Nielsen has invested a lot of money into equipment this year and has a proper team behind him. He has been scoring very well for Scunthorpe in the 1-5. 

I don't know how long Nielsen will last maybe 28 days maybe longer. I don't know what Matt is planning behind the scenes.

A bit like your namesake pal, I doubt you or he could run a bath let alone run or talk about running a Speedway Team !!!:lol: