British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I'm not being nasty I'm just being honest. 

Matt wasn't keen to sign James at the start of the season was he?

Matt said Shanes will only be signed if we can get the Poles to relax over the British rule (Sundstrom deal)

If the Poles didn't budge then Shanes wouldn't have been in the 1-7 to begin with. I know it comes across as nasty but it's the truth at the end of the day. 

I wish James all the best and I hope he bangs in big points for Sheffield as well as Grass and Long track commitments. He comes across as a likeable lad with a good attitude and I don't have anything against him. 

Something needed to be done about the reserves and Szczepaniak could come good but Shanes wont because the standard of reserves is higher than last year.

I don't expect James to be scoring points against these riders. He's still learning and gaining experience as a Speedway rider.

I haven't said he is a rubbish rider or anything because he isn't. All I have said is he is out of his depth. 

i think you will find the word you used was CRAP which is not a lot of difference 

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

That's Danish born Nielsen.

what the former BRITISH under 19 champion

Nielsen is British let's stop that nonsense. Also Nielsen is a massive upgrade on Shanes, he a much improved rider. The thing that annoys me is that Nielsen is only 'temporary' while the spin that Shanes could be bought back in at a later date is utter rubbish. Shanes was also doing his job unlike most others in the Poole side.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 1

Whats the next move for poole in a few wks? This replacement was just a tip of the scales

The best British reserve Ford has had in the last few years was Ellis. Came in, did the job, outshone some of the main team in the play offs. Got dropped the following season. 

Shanes is is an excellent long track rider but hasn’t pulled up many trees on the shale. I was surprised he was included this year. 

If if you have a British passport I’d be wary of accepting an offer from Poole, ride well.... get dropped. Ride not so well, get dropped. Get injured and come back to help the team, get dropped. 

Underperform with a Polish licence...... reassure fans that “he’ll come good given time”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

Whats the next move for poole in a few wks? This replacement was just a tip of the scales

should ave chopped p.k. now rather than later , it will come  and if c.h scores more than the 5 or 6 p.k is ...which he should do...

well instant hero and saviour.....all part of the master plan

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

He did say Danish born to which Steve is correct.Spent many of his years in Denmark.Qualifies being British through having a British mother.

Having just seen the news Poole have made a swap,anybody surprised?I did say a few weeks back people bigging up how good the Ford/Middlo management team are.Well yet again they have got it drastically wrong from the off.I would expect them to get it right from the start if they were that good.

It's a real downer though that it is Shanes that has to make way,these young lads need a bit of time to make their way into the sport.Instead Poole keep the under-performing riders with much more experience that should be doing better.So in truth Shanes loses his job for doing what is expected of him,and the 3/4 riders under-performing keep their jobs,crazy.

So to SS and a couple of others who said the initial Poole team should walk the league,you were wrong again:lol:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

DANISH born yes.

3 hours ago, ray c said:

i think you will find the word you used was CRAP which is not a lot of difference 

Then it was said in the Heat of the moment. Nielsen is an upgrade and it was the correct decision. 

Business is business and some decision are not popular ones but they have to be made to benefit the club going forward.

Thought this was the best 1-7 Poole have had ever had?

Well a change this early proves that all wrong as most people knew.

Seems like Ford has lost his touch in finding the right riders and/or Middlo isnt a very good manager....well certainly not as good as Rosco. Maybe Ford should look to tempt Rosco and keep the riders he might motivate them better.

So another young Brit moved on , shades of Howarth, Newman and Ellis all over again. 

Shanes was doing his job as a 2 pointer in a team thats top heavy, yet the other 6 barely perform and he goes, must feel gutted. Do your job and sacked.

Plain to see that Sundstrom and MS have been awful and Kurtz hardly setting the world alight yet they seem untouchable.

Ive seen the videos on here of what Woryna can do in Poland and was told how he would be at least a 7 pointer..................lol

19 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Seems like Ford has lost his touch in finding the right riders and/or Middlo isnt a very good manager....well certainly not as good as Rosco. Maybe Ford should look to tempt Rosco and keep the riders he might motivate them better.

So another young Brit moved on , shades of Howarth, Newman and Ellis all over again. 

Shanes was doing his job as a 2 pointer in a team thats top heavy, yet the other 6 barely perform and he goes, must feel gutted. Do your job and sacked.

Plain to see that Sundstrom and MS have been awful and Kurtz hardly setting the world alight yet they seem untouchable.

Ive seen the videos on here of what Woryna can do in Poland and was told how he would be at least a 7 pointer..................lol

Get yr facts rigt Gavan, clearly you dont read papers or posts. Matt said it was POTENTIALLY, the best side sinse 0-14.

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yet you was crying when we signed the Pole's on 4 something average's.

James Shanes has only beaten 4 opposing riders this season when riding for Poole. 

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Get yr facts rigt Gavan, clearly you dont read papers or posts. Matt said it was POTENTIALLY, the best side sinse 0-14.

Im talking about some of your fans....one in particular who 100% said this was the best Poole team assembled and would walk the league.

As i said it compares to me the same as last seasons original 1-7 and the hopes back then and look how that turned out.

KK, Holder, Kurtz, Newman, Andersen, Klindt and Shanes looks a better 1-7 than the current team

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

So are we going to prove all the bookies and pundits wrong now - or shall we wait til the end of the season?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Yet you was crying when we signed the Pole's on 4 something average's.

James Shanes has only beaten 4 opposing riders this season when riding for Poole. 

Nope i didnt cry when you signed the Poles have a look back. I said it was legit bu that i didnt expect them to add loads of points on to their averages.

I will say it again, the way the team is built Shanes wouldnt beat many riders and 2-3 points a meeting should be enough.

He has done his job the others havent