British Speedway Forum

The reason for the delight being shown at Poole's current poor form is obvious. You reap what you sow.

It is unfortunate for those Poole fans who were not loudly proclaiming that finishing top of the league was a forgone conclusion and that they would smash teams on their travels but perfectly understandable that there would be payback when they didn't live up to the hype.

For those many genuine and decent Poole fans just keep your heads down and either the team will improve and I think it will or fans of other teams will get tired of taking so much pleasure in your failure.

For the idiots and wind up merchants who were telling all and sundry how this team was going to walk so easily over the rest, the current humiliation might teach them a lesson but I doubt it.

• Like 5

There's trouble at t'mill ...... the fans have to take the bad with the good and of course the more good you have, the more you expect. Testing times down south in your 70th year. But sympathy, nah ..

Well, I'm waiting for "MAtt "or is that it!? The sheer arrogance you talk about my club is embarrassing about Poole Speedway and I dislike trolls like you.

• Like 1

We are Poole Speedway, No better than anyone else just us from the South Coast and we love to hear from you?

22 minutes ago, Trees said:

There's trouble at t'mill ...... the fans have to take the bad with the good and of course the more good you have, the more you expect. Testing times down south in your 70th year. But sympathy, nah ..

We don't need anyone's sympathy thanks, it is the same supporting any team you have to take the rough with the smooth.

To be fair I think most fans thought the team looked good but as I have said many times not keeping Hans was a mistake, another mistake is letting James Shanes go, I also said I didn't think Stefan Nielsen would be any better and he couldn't even beat Mitchell Davey.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 4

Ok, Lets put all the BS to one side just for a moment please.  This post is NOT a dig at The Pirates, as much as many people will be enjoying their awful start to the season I have a genuine question which is aimed at the real Poole faithful.   So Shoovy Forever Blue, Lisa Starman  With that name he should be Lynn thru and thru) Poole Quay, any poole fans ( No that doesn't include you MattFordfan)

All The pundits, experts, fans had Poole nailed on to be top of the table.  What on earth did everyone  not see ?  Where is the root of the problem ?

Problem with Poole is they have too many fans that like to give the Big Un..and when it goes Pete Tong they don't like getting it back.  Some Poole fans are lovely down to earth people, that shouldn't be tarred with the same brush

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Awwight down there? :)

Up to and including                        
  Monday, May 07, 2018                        
    M W D L 4W 3W D 1L L F A Pts
1 Swindon 5 2 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 235 214 13
2 Wolverhampton 4 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 205 155 10
3 Belle Vue 5 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 230 220 9
4 Leicester 4 2 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 195 165 7
5 King's Lynn 4 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 187 173 7
6 Rye House 5 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 194 256 6
7 Somerset 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 167 193 5
8 Poole 5 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 2 206 243 4

I admit I don't mind the looking at that, apart from King's Lynn are not at the top. In reality Poole are only 3-4 points off a play off place. 

If Poole don't make the top 4 i'll be shocked.

• Like 1

Sounds ironic but I think its hilarious we are bottom.   I didn't rate most of this team to start with.   On paper they ought to be far better but its all gone Pete tong so far.  Where on earth holder is is anyone's guess.  Thought the jokes on earlier posts were funny too. Its no more than the team deserve. Its only a sport as my wife used to say and its true.  Top or bottom we're all watching the same thing.  Though we are bottom its gonna be interesting seeing us climb the league for a top 4 but I cannot see it happening and don't see too many home defeats this year bar us!  Next weeks v RH will be the real tester.

Ah well,   Pirate fan all my life top or bottom.  Makes no difference.  I'll get me coat. 

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 1

Does anyone on here have any Poole programmes between 1992 and 2018 they might be able to do some cover s cans for me by any chance? 

23 minutes ago, semion said:

Ok, Lets put all the BS to one side just for a moment please.  This post is NOT a dig at The Pirates, as much as many people will be enjoying their awful start to the season I have a genuine question which is aimed at the real Poole faithful.   So Shoovy Forever Blue, Lisa Starman  With that name he should be Lynn thru and thru) Poole Quay, any poole fans ( No that doesn't include you MattFordfan)

All The pundits, experts, fans had Poole nailed on to be top of the table.  What on earth did everyone  not see ?  Where is the root of the problem ?

I was one of the fans (along with a few Poole fans) who said there was lots of if's buts and maybes

Firstly the 2 Poles. Would they translate their Polish form to the UK? Although not being awful its quite clear as of yet that they havent, but they may do given time.

Holder , well the issue before the start was how much dedication he would put in and also what sort of form he might be in. Well so far he hasnt even ridden for the club so that is obviously an ongoing huge concern with some Poole fans seeing him as the messiah if he does return.

Unless there was a falling out i will never understand the reasoning behind Linus over Hans and that has been born out.

Could Kurtz be a true number one? So far ok but needs to stop the inconcistency ..... anumber one cant score 3 then 14 , he needs double figures every week.

For his experiance Josh hasnt done much, a number one last season he needs to step up.

There was doubts about the Poole side and i said they should make the play offs and still might, but i was blasted for being anti Poole

21 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Problem with Poole is they have too many fans that like to give the Big Un..and when it goes Pete Tong they don't like getting it back.  Some Poole fans are lovely down to earth people, that shouldn't be tarred with the same brush

Spot on

Majority on here are great people but they are tarnished sadly by the odd one or two

I would like to ad that since his return its good to see Starman responding better to people and i for one certainly am not aiming any of this at him

1 hour ago, Poole Quay 7 said:

True mate!, SS posts to wind up a certain few that but then generally speaks from the heart when it comes to Poole Speedway!...... Personally, I see the forum hasn't died with some of the hatred towards Poole Speedway and not helped in any way by the idiot who calls himself " Matt Ford" Bollocks he'she is NO Poole fan just a wind-up merchant who actually does Poole Speedway no help at all. PLEASE come back Matt Fords: I will destroy you on a public forum.......YOU are NO Poole Fan.

Sorry, but i just spat all my sandwiches out. Nice one...:D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I was one of the fans (along with a few Poole fans) who said there was lots of if's buts and maybes

Firstly the 2 Poles. Would they translate their Polish form to the UK? Although not being awful its quite clear as of yet that they havent, but they may do given time.

Holder , well the issue before the start was how much dedication he would put in and also what sort of form he might be in. Well so far he hasnt even ridden for the club so that is obviously an ongoing huge concern with some Poole fans seeing him as the messiah if he does return.

Unless there was a falling out i will never understand the reasoning behind Linus over Hans and that has been born out.

Could Kurtz be a true number one? So far ok but needs to stop the inconcistency ..... anumber one cant score 3 then 14 , he needs double figures every week.

For his experiance Josh hasnt done much, a number one last season he needs to step up.

There was doubts about the Poole side and i said they should make the play offs and still might, but i was blasted for being anti Poole

Spot on

Majority on here are great people but they are tarnished sadly by the odd one or two

I would like to ad that since his return its good to see Starman responding better to people and i for one certainly am not aiming any of this at him

Thanks mate. If people are sivel and post constructivly to me then i will respond. But i certainly do not respond to the sad posters who just like to try and cause an arguement.. Im not interested. Im still recovering from a major tumour op, and i have no time for arguements.

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

The reason for the delight being shown at Poole's current poor form is obvious. You reap what you sow.

It is unfortunate for those Poole fans who were not loudly proclaiming that finishing top of the league was a forgone conclusion and that they would smash teams on their travels but perfectly understandable that there would be payback when they didn't live up to the hype.

For those many genuine and decent Poole fans just keep your heads down and either the team will improve and I think it will or fans of other teams will get tired of taking so much pleasure in your failure.

For the idiots and wind up merchants who were telling all and sundry how this team was going to walk so easily over the rest, the current humiliation might teach them a lesson but I doubt it.

Wasnt coming from me mate. This team was built on POTENTIAL, and at the moment we are sruggling to get out of 1st gear. Nothing is given to you on a plate, you have to make it it happen. But there's no panicking from me, we are only 3 pts off the 4th side and 5 off the 3rd. its still reliatively early days, and plenty of time to put things right.

• Like 1

I think we all know Poole should be doing better with the side they have....a couple of the guys expected to improve have flattered to deceive thus far.

The two Poles & Sundstrom are the worry for you guys. Not much better to be achieved with the averages of the two poles, but may be worth a word with El Tel to see if he'll lend you another Robin to give you a chance? Zengota for Sundstrom has got to be a consideration? Riding well in Poland and always has done a good job in England.