British Speedway Forum

This is a joke right. Martin Smolinski.

Like I told everyone yesterday.

Season over. Now its confirmed if Smolinski is coming in.

• Haha 1

Ford trying to reconstruct the all conquering Coventry team of 2007. Always been jealous. Next signing Billy Janniro.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Message to Steve Shovlar.

You informed me of a bet on Monday night. Poole to make or not make the play-offs. Once Smolinski signs will that offer still be available?. 

Matt Ford Fan (Not for much longer if he signs Smolinski)

1 minute ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Message to Steve Shovlar.

You informed me of a bet on Monday night. Poole to make or not make the play-offs. Once Smolinski signs will that offer still be available?. 

Matt Ford Fan (Not for much longer if he signs Smolinski)

He's a man of his word so he may well honour it.  You might need to give him your name tho..:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Ford trying to reconstruct the all conquering Coventry team of 2007. Always been jealous. Next signing Billy Janniro.

Hey, Billy the Kid is still going strong over here!

Note Smoli just won long track. As a LT race is c.3 times longer than Speedway , maybe if he starts in Heat 1 (say) he might win Heat 3?! Just a (silly) thought....

Edited by Icicle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would say that money must be tight on the south coast afterall we were told Pawlicki would be in come the first set of changes  however that never seemed realistic to me. If it’s for Holder/PK then Poole will struggle I’m afraid 

4 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

100k offer for Dudek. Pawlicki waiting in the wings. But its Smolinski to save the day!!!

Surely this has to be one big wind up ????

Just checked the Polish stats for 2018 and cant find him riding for any POL EXL or POL Nice 1 Club which shows I suppose how much potential he has retained ??

If it is true then I think fair to say Ford has not got much money plus perhaps it is correct that none of the top guys want to risk racing on UK tracks. What happened to Vaculik would no doubt also be on some riders minds and for sure none of them want to risk it for the peanuts UK pays in comparison to both Pol/Swe.

Hope it isnt true as unless he is coming in on some crazy low av at reserve then makes no sense to me. Better to get Klindt back instead of Smolinski.

Think we are in for an interesting next 10/14 days as Matt has to redeclare his new team in time for the new GSA's (last qualifying day being 23rd May where also the new riders get their first GSA's under the 4 home/4 away which coincides with Poole's home meeting with Wolves).

I've also seen on social media that it could be a double change with Sundstrum out and David Stachyra coming back in.  The 100k ear marked for Dudek will now be put aside to pay the Swindon riders when they visit 4 point road later in the season.

• Like 2

Being reported by the Bournemouth echo, says for a month so assume it’s for PK as Holder isn’t back yet. 

• Like 1

Mind you Kildemand has been crap recently. Also worked as an agent for Swindon the other night. 

28 day's will hopefully pass very quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What the F is going on with Holder. It can't be an average fiddling thing now as  its gone on too long and surely he wants to be earning cash. Always liked him so hope it's nothing serious.

8 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

What the F is going on with Holder. It can't be an average fiddling thing now as  its gone on too long and surely he wants to be earning cash. Always liked him so hope it's nothing serious.

It is quite a personal thing so think best left alone.

• Like 1