British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If he scores well and gets into the 1-5 allowing the 2 Poles to drop to reserve, then I can see him staying -  as always it'll come down to averages and the numbers game.

Nah, it’ll come down to whether Rosco allows you to keep your best rider. :)

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Nah, it’ll come down to whether Rosco allows you to keep your best rider. :)

Nah it won't 

On 1/9/2018 at 8:55 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Lol! Poole team looks far superior to Swindons in every single department. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Roll on our trip to Blunsdon.

oops 

On 1/9/2018 at 12:10 PM, Pinny said:

Josh G was one place below Musielek in the final averages last season having rode at number one all season in a struggling team compared to Musielak riding half the season as a second string for the title winners so fail to see how thats a no contest. 

Also Woryna over Ellis , you have to be joking surely. 

As I have already said, IF Shanes and someone like Sundstrom is the final signing this side will take some stopping IMO. 

Can you imagine Holder gets back to somewhere near his best, Sundstrom signs (he will average 8 in this league no question), Kurtz carries on improving, Woryna brings even half of his Polish form to Poole and the other Pole even just holds his average... lots of ifs but they look more than likely to happen. This Poole side is head and shoulders above the rest and anyone who thinks otherwise is either anti Poole, thick or both.

even better...............so am i anti poole or thick.......................or correct?

On 1/9/2018 at 12:50 PM, Gavan said:

I would have Ellis over Woryna in the UK yes. Who knows Woryna could fly but i would rather have proven ability over here.

Josh G isnt getting any better, Musielek is and will improve his average.

The Poole side looks good enough for top 4 i agree but head and shoulders above anything else????  Leicester and the rumoured Belle Vue team look stronger to me and Swindon have put a good side together.

This Poole team has a lot of risks attached. Holder looks on a downward spiral and the rumour is he is only at Poole because he has no choice.

The 2 Poles could bring their form from abroad or simply flop. And as of yet the final signing isnt in. Kurtz needs to step up which he has the potential to do. 

Looks a top 4 side but time will tell.........i remember all the gloating around this time last season!!

Still as Shovlar is telling everyone Poole are the best side i guess we wont have to read his crap about 'Poole being underdogs' before every meeting

think i summed it up well pre season

On 1/9/2018 at 2:54 PM, Matt Ford Fan said:

What a load of bull.

Woryna is miles better than Ellis in any country. 

Wajtknecht will never be on the same level as Szczepaniak in any country.

Grajczonek rode at No.1 for Somerset whilst Musielak was a second string. Grajczonek puts in consistent showings around all tracks apart from Wolves but then again that isn't a proper race track anyway.

Kurtz is improving year on year whilst Morris is still riding in the Championship because no top flight club in Poland or Sweden want him.

Sundstrom will wipe the floor with Bellego. 

Davey will probably get sacked after 4 weeks so I doubt he will even have the chance to race against Shanes but if he does then Shanes will sail off into the sunset

C. Holder has and always will be better than Batchelor.

The only team who will get close to us so far is Leicester.

yet again miles out

On 1/13/2018 at 5:43 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

So, are Poland going to back down allowing us to name Sundstrom and Shanes, or are they going to dig their heels in meaning we name P Pawlicki and Shanes? 

1 Brady Kurtz

2. Kacper Woryna

3. Josh Grajczonek

4. Chris Holder

5. Piotr Pawlicki

6. Mateusz Szczepaniak

7. James Shanes

No team out there to touch us with that 1-7. Swap out Pawlicki and bring in Sundstrom and we will still be the powerhouse team in the league. Strongest top 5, with Mateusz Szczepaniak at reserve, supported by Pirates rider of the year in 2017 James Shanes. Should be a very exciting season for us Pirates fans.

Another point to make is with Sundstrom we are well sort of the 42.5. Meaning should a rider underperform, we have scope to redeclare before the first GS to bring in a good replacement.

no team out there lol

when Poole fans preach like this and believe me there are loads more......................it makes giving back all the more fun

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gavan said:

oops 

even better...............so am i anti poole or thick.......................or correct?

yet again miles out

no team out there lol

when Poole fans preach like this and believe me there are loads more......................it makes giving back all the more fun

You won't find a quote from me! I too thought there were a couple of possible problems. Letting Hans go, Sundstrom hasn't ridden here for a while, Josh G always been a bit inconsistent, why should they be better than Hans.Holder coming back would help a lot but we don't know when or even if that will happen 

On 03/12/2017 at 8:19 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

No one could have predicted kk going completely awol. Reckon Poole are going to smash Swindon and most other teams next season. Just my opinion of course. ☠️

This good enough for you SS. Who never said they were to beat everybody! Your memories not so good!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

oops 

yet again miles out

no team out there lol

So where are the people Who say Poole will win every meeting? That was your quote. As usual making stuff up again but no surprise.

Found out yet again Gavan. You will never learn.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

2 hours ago, DunRobin said:

This good enough for you SS. Who never said they were to beat everybody! Your memories not so good!

I don’t say we will win every meeting . Keep looking. A hint. I didn’t. :lol:

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t say we will win every meeting . Keep looking. A hint. I didn’t. :lol:

Did you say you’d win ANY meeting? You’d have been closer!!!  Lol :)

On 03/12/2017 at 8:19 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

No one could have predicted kk going completely awol. Reckon Poole are going to smash Swindon and most other teams next season. Just my opinion of course. ☠️

You have most people wetting themselves regularly on this forum. Have you considered stand up comedy Steve?

Stop me if you’ve heard this one. There were 2 Australians, 2 Danes, 2 Poles and an Englishman...

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

You have most people wetting themselves regularly on this forum. Have you considered stand up comedy Steve?

Stop me if you’ve heard this one. There were 2 Australians, 2 Danes, 2 Poles and an Englishman...

No haven't heard that one, as this is a Poole thread i would have thought you would be talking about Poole, if you think you are you have quite a few nationalities wrong!

1 hour ago, theblueboy said:

Not a bad try I think you will find 4 out of 7 try again :(.   PS I like a good quiz glad I'm not in your team though :(

Edited by ray c

50 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No haven't heard that one, as this is a Poole thread i would have thought you would be talking about Poole, if you think you are you have quite a few nationalities wrong!

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

Not a bad try I think you will find 4 out of 7 try again :(

Are you Poole fans deliberately obtuse?

The seven I alluded to was your starting 7.

You know, the team that was going to ‘smash’ everyone...;)B)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Are you Poole fans deliberately obtuse?

The seven I alluded to was your starting 7.

You know, the team that was going to ‘smash’ everyone...;)B)

Not by the 2 posters you replied to though ;). PS and you still got it wrong ?

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

This forum wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for a bit of banter.  It would be more of a borefest than it is now. People should never be afraid of throwing down the gauntlet. Being afraid of a sentence coming back at you is ridiculous.  

And I believe by the end of the season we will smash Swindon. Bookmark it ready to throw it back!

• Haha 2