British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Each to their own - I quite liked it :)

Twas the best six man team British Speedway will ever see  :approve:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I dont know what your implying old son, but that post is not good, sha'l we say...And thats being polite.

Clearly havent heard why his visa still hasnt been granted yet then???

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I dont know what your implying old son, but that post is not good, sha'l we say...And thats being polite.

That post being "not good"is the least of Holder's problems Starry.  And that's being legally polite.

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Clearly havent heard why his visa still hasnt been granted yet then???

Stop being a bully.

He's innocent y'know... 

• Like 1

whether holder coming back or not we still need a no 1 to get our season back on track ?

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

.....and its not as clear cut as just a normal visa application!! there have been other complications.

I can't understand what all the problems are about. I get Credit Card offers sent to me every day. Does Chris have a bad credit rating?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

I can't understand what all the problems are about. I get Credit Card offers sent to me every day. Does Chris have a bad credit rating?

Irregular earnings I suspect!!   :wink:

I wonder if Sundstroms SWE team are losing patience. One point from 2 rides and then tactical subbed in his last 2 rides maybe says something about his form. Not doing anything really in POL/SWE and his much lower impending new UK GSA tells its own story I suppose. He quite rightly should have a higher UK av compared to POL/SWE as the standard is well below overall. However perhaps his 5.66 current av for 7 matches for Poole tells its own story. Surprisingly with BP his av is 7.31. But for someone signed as a replacement for Hans A its not a good return - Many of his BP have been when coming 3rd when he should be winning races plus from 29 rides only 4 wins. 

Personally I dont see any big improvement but maybe on his lower GSA he will keep picking up BP in 2nd but more likely 3rd.

Anyway going to be interesting tonight. Woryna and Spaniak on exactly the same av going into tonights last qualifying match for the first new GSA's for new riders. In a way I really hope Woryna scores one point less than Spaniak (Get as many bonus points as you like as they dont count for the GSA). That way Woryna would slip nicely into the reserve berth where I can see him doing a lot of damage plus pick up plenty of extra rides.

Brady will hopefully keep his 20 match rolling GSA just shy of 8 and he is on 7.63.If he scored even a 15 point max he would still only creep up to 7.84 so shy of 8.

If it pans out this way win/lose or draw, it will be interesting to see if Matt does redeclare the team with a new 8 point plus rider to accommodate. 

We shall see. 

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I wonder if Sundstroms SWE team are losing patience. One point from 2 rides and then tactical subbed in his last 2 rides maybe says something about his form. Not doing anything really in POL/SWE and his much lower impending new UK GSA tells its own story I suppose. He quite rightly should have a higher UK av compared to POL/SWE as the standard is well below overall. However perhaps his 5.66 current av for 7 matches for Poole tells its own story. Surprisingly with BP his av is 7.31. But for someone signed as a replacement for Hans A its not a good return - Many of his BP have been when coming 3rd when he should be winning races plus from 29 rides only 4 wins. 

Personally I dont see any big improvement but maybe on his lower GSA he will keep picking up BP in 2nd but more likely 3rd.

Anyway going to be interesting tonight. Woryna and Spaniak on exactly the same av going into tonights last qualifying match for the first new GSA's for new riders. In a way I really hope Woryna scores one point less than Spaniak (Get as many bonus points as you like as they dont count for the GSA). That way Woryna would slip nicely into the reserve berth where I can see him doing a lot of damage plus pick up plenty of extra rides.

Brady will hopefully keep his 20 match rolling GSA just shy of 8 and he is on 7.63.If he scored even a 15 point max he would still only creep up to 7.84 so shy of 8.

If it pans out this way win/lose or draw, it will be interesting to see if Matt does redeclare the team with a new 8 point plus rider to accommodate. 

We shall see. 

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks i still think Poole can pull things around but with King's Lynn in the mix it wont be easy.The base of the side that i thought might start in 2018 for the Pirates was Holder ( both) Brady, Hans, Woryna,  i was very worried about the look of that spine just think those riders with two others it looks pretty strong.

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks i still think Poole can pull things around but with King's Lynn in the mix it wont be easy.The base of the side that i thought might start in 2018 for the Pirates was Holder ( both) Brady, Hans, Woryna,  i was very worried about the look of that spine just think those riders with two others it looks pretty strong.

I thought similar but perhaps with a better quality rider than Hans who I  felt may be taking on too much now as he gets older. HOWEVER when I look at what we got in exchange i.e Sundstrom, how I regret him leaving. He has been as good if not better this season. Well better than last season and his last 7 matches he has been heat leader class. Only his not strong end to 2017 has dragged his 20 match rolling GSA down as in his 7 matches for Leicester he has been 8.42 at home (3 matches) and 9.43 away (4 matches).

A bit different to Sundstrom huh ? who I won't repeat his current GSA as its way down in comparison. 

Sundstrom may prove me wrong come end of season (if he is still around !!!) but I am not convinced. Its only his 5.66 current impending GSA that makes it remotely interesting to keep him on and honestly I would rather have Worrall over Sundstrom any day if the team can get an agreement and his current GSA as of 14/5 was 6.36. IMO much better value than Sundstrom. Plus he is British and probably a lot lower cost than the Swede. Also factor in he is not busting a gut trying to race in 2 SWE Leagues/POL and Sweden (4 leagues). He only does UK and some meetings in POL. I think its easier doing Prem/Champ as you are travelling in the one country and you are based here so not constantly flying in and out of UK, not only for meetings but also going back home to his family in SWE after each UK meeting (and POL).

Anyway let's see what tonight brings us and what news comes out maybe during the next week.

HAD a long chat with Chris about his visa issue in Warsaw. The simple fact is that the Home Office have possession off his passport, which means he cannot even visit the UK to see his son, and if a Russian billionaire cannot get an answer you get some idea of the problem. Only Chris can talk to the HO but they simply tell him that it is in hand.There is a feeling that the recent Windruss controversy is causing havoc at the HO but in my opinion its a nonsense. Chris may not be everyone's favourite (one of mine however) but here is a rider who wants to race here and is being prevented from doing so by red tape. But shaking the tree to try and get some answers will only result in him being put at the back of the queue.

How long do you wait though? Averages are changing soon so surely in next few weeks we need a permanent rider in that position whether it be Chris or someone else. Last season we sacrificed the season for one rider, or we going to do it again this season? I know the circumstances are different but the result will end up being the same.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAD a long chat with Chris about his visa issue in Warsaw. The simple fact is that the Home Office have possession off his passport, which means he cannot even visit the UK to see his son, and if a Russian billionaire cannot get an answer you get some idea of the problem. Only Chris can talk to the HO but they simply tell him that it is in hand.There is a feeling that the recent Windruss controversy is causing havoc at the HO but in my opinion its a nonsense. Chris may not be everyone's favourite (one of mine however) but here is a rider who wants to race here and is being prevented from doing so by red tape. But shaking the tree to try and get some answers will only result in him being put at the back of the queue.

For heaven’s sake, give me a chance. I’m getting to it.

Regards,

DC2, The Home Office :)

39 minutes ago, DC2 said:

For heaven’s sake, give me a chance. I’m getting to it.

Regards,

DC2, The Home Office :)

I doubt you have an office at home! 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

my dad had a similar long chat in the hotel, he's also mighty cheesed off that he has a house he can't even go to!