British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Poland and Czech Republic are both part of Schengen so no passport needed to cross from one to the other.

Cheers. Didn't know that :)

We should leave the Holder situation alone now.

Season over now anyway. We are going to be too far behind to do anything this season. Leicester and Lynn both have 3 matches in hand over us for starters. 

Might as well give Richie a permanent deal and make sure Chris Holder is all set and ready to go for next year.

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Utter Nonsense. 

You do talk utter nonsense I agree. 

No reason why the rest of the Poole riders couldn't stand together on the centre green as one whilst one of the team members was lying on the shale with a broken leg. 

Any other team would have stood together.

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Looks like Klindt is looking likely. Not sure how many clashes there would be with Denmark though..

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/16248983.Poole_boss_Ford_vows_to_revive_Pirates__39__fortunes/

This article seems to be Ford kind of setting us all up for disappointment on the team change front.

He may well bring in some changes but reading this article it seems to near enough be saying that he cant convince anyone to come and chances are he cant afford the cost involved either.

Klindt possibly for who ??. I thought good possibility at reserve last season but even before his injury I was starting to have doubts what impact he would have when taken out of riding against juniors and low pointed Prem riders. He has done ok in DK but even then a lot of not so good riders can accumulate points over there. Last night was not good but he did have some retired rides so assume engine problems. Even so he has not been inspiring so far in his meetings for Scunthorpe. Don't forget though it was his poor Champ GSA that got him into Poole in the first place on the Prem conversion last season.

Maybe try and sign Auty for the not so clever Spaniak ?? and ride with Woryna at reserve. Risks again but  cant be worse than Spaniak and Nielsen. Stefan would have had good and bad meetings  and hopefully Auty can be like for like swap (maybe even better). If Woryna cant better Spaniak then for sure we have a problem when a rider of his supposed ability cant do it from reserve.

The article doesnt inspire confidence imo and feeling a lot less optimistic we will have a proven heat leader in the team come redeclaration. While many think Holder also wont be in the team then we could be heading for where we sit currently in the league.

We shall see but cant say its looking too clever.

Let's be real for a second.........this club's run is finished now.

Our asset base is based on riders who have no interest riding in the UK or they are unavailable for other reasons.

British clubs cannot afford those type of riders even if they did want to do Britain (They wouldn't). 

Tracks are poor, The money is not great and the Polish clubs would demand compensation if a rider was to get seriously injured and the British club couldn't afford to pay the interest.

Some names from the Pirates asset base.

Darcy Ward unfortunately can't race anymore. Would have been a multiple world champion. But Darcy is still a winner in my eyes. 

Janowski who we cant afford anymore.

Lindback/Madsen/Milik/Jonasson/Gomolski have no interest in UK racing

Kasprzak won't line up for us again

Bjarne Pedersen coming to end of his career now

Davey Watt and Dakota North retired.

Not sure if Przemyslaw Pawlicki is our asset or a Coventry asset either way it doesn't matter because he has no interest in British racing either.

Also not sure if Matt got all of readypowers assets. I think he did but I'm not certain but you can rule the majority of those riders as well because of various reasons. 

Why do you think Matt has had to pay out loan fees to Swindon this season? Why was he in talks with Martin Smolinski? Why did we end up with Kennett signing for us last season?

It's because none of our assets are available and they wont be available ever again.

Yep, you’re doomed       :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Let's be real for a second.........this club's run is finished now.

Our asset base is based on riders who have no interest riding in the UK or they are unavailable for other reasons.

British clubs cannot afford those type of riders even if they did want to do Britain (They wouldn't). 

Tracks are poor, The money is not great and the Polish clubs would demand compensation if a rider was to get seriously injured and the British club couldn't afford to pay the interest.

Some names from the Pirates asset base.

Darcy Ward unfortunately can't race anymore. Would have been a multiple world champion. But Darcy is still a winner in my eyes. 

Janowski who we cant afford anymore.

Lindback/Madsen/Milik/Jonasson/Gomolski have no interest in UK racing

Kasprzak won't line up for us again

Bjarne Pedersen coming to end of his career now

Davey Watt and Dakota North retired.

Not sure if Przemyslaw Pawlicki is our asset or a Coventry asset either way it doesn't matter because he has no interest in British racing either.

Also not sure if Matt got all of readypowers assets. I think he did but I'm not certain but you can rule the majority of those riders as well because of various reasons. 

Why do you think Matt has had to pay out loan fees to Swindon this season? Why was he in talks with Martin Smolinski? Why did we end up with Kennett signing for us last season?

It's because none of our assets are available and they wont be available ever again.

Total nonsense i would never write Poole off you take the rough with the smooth then winning is even sweeter.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

MFF. How little you know. :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

As far as I was aware Klindt was off to another premiership club that wasn't Poole. But I suppose Poole.own him so could have blocked it and retained him themselves 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

We should leave the Holder situation alone now.

Season over now anyway. We are going to be too far behind to do anything this season. Leicester and Lynn both have 3 matches in hand over us for starters. 

Might as well give Richie a permanent deal and make sure Chris Holder is all set and ready to go for next year.

Season not over we got 10 league 1 cup match at home to come yet plenty of speedway still to come as you dont go to poole it does not affect you :party:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

Season not over we got 10 league 1 cup match at home to come yet plenty of speedway still to come as you dont go to poole it does not affect you :party:

Personally I don't any notice of MFF or his many aliases, they talk nonsense most of the time.

27 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Total nonsense i would never write Poole off you take the rough with the smooth then winning is even sweeter.

Don't get me wrong I will stick by Poole even if we end up with the wooden spoon.

Matt has practically said himself nobody wants to come over.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Personally I don't any notice of MFF or his many aliases, they talk nonsense most of the time.

Talking facts.

My point is that the asset base is unavailable due to riders not wanting to do British racing.

Matt Ford has said in the Echo riders have turned down British racing.

Crystal clear isn't it.

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Don't get me wrong I will stick by Poole even if we end up with the wooden spoon.

Matt has practically said himself nobody wants to come over.

Oh dear that is a shame i was hoping you wouldn't stick by us!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oh dear that is a shame i was hoping you wouldn't stick by us!

He has an alias for every team. He just has to remember what alias goes to what club.