British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, Gavan said:

I said long before the season started that the Poole team was risky and I was 100% right.

Got laughed at and accused of anti Poole when I said i would rather have Adam Ellis than Woryna...... been proved right. Got the same abuse when I said Morris is a better number one in the UK then Kurtz (not the better rider just better in the uk).....been proved right. Got the same when I said Holder was risky......proved right.

What a team Poole could have had

Kurtz

Anderson

Jack Holder

Ellis 

Howarth 

That’s a decent enough start.....

Wouldnt it be better on consentrating on the Ippo side and what you could have..

10 hours ago, DC2 said:

It’s not impossible lads, keep plugging away. Nothing to be ashamed about being last, stone dead last, tailed off, useless, rubbish, embarrassing, hopeless bottom:

Up to and including                        
  Wednesday, May 23, 2018                        
    M W D L 4W 3W D 1L L F A Pts
1 Wolverhampton 8 4 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 384 336 16
2 Swindon 8 3 0 0 1 1 0 0 3 366 353 16
3 Belle Vue 8 4 0 1 0 0 0 1 2 366 354 13
4 Somerset 7 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 302 328 11
5 Leicester 5 3 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 242 208 10
6 King's Lynn 5 2 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 234 216 10
7 Rye House 7 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 285 345 10
8 Poole 8 2 1 1 0 0 0 2 2 340 379 9

To be fair (and bring some balance) they are only 2 points off a playoff place!

• Like 2

New Pirates signing revealed!

5678.jpg

I nearly joined Rye House because I like rockets but here at Poole I can work with Midd Lo. He always gets the best out of his troops!

Kim has signed for the rest of the season but could miss the home meeting vs King's Lynn on June 13th if the US-North Korea summit goes ahead the day before. However recent sightings in the area of a man wearing a 'Make Poole Pirates Great Again' cap have led to rumours this could be held at Wimborne Road.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Trouble is, when he gets his first Poole average he’ll be Kim Jong One.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kim Jong Un-placed...

Kim Jong Un-derperforming..

Kim Jong Un-der pressure for his place

Kim Jong Un-available, (R Schlein is to Guest)

:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 2

No need for panic at Poole yet. If you look at the points won v points lost, Poole, Leicester and Belle Vue are the poorest teams at the moment and not much between them.

We have suffered significantly because of the loss of Steve Worrall and having to ride with 3 guests at home last Monday but we are where we are. Plenty of time for things to change for all teams.

17 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

No need for panic at Poole yet. If you look at the points won v points lost, Poole, Leicester and Belle Vue are the poorest teams at the moment and not much between them.

We have suffered significantly because of the loss of Steve Worrall and having to ride with 3 guests at home last Monday but we are where we are. Plenty of time for things to change for all teams.

Could be the closes season for a long time all 8 teams could be battling for playoff places 

37 minutes ago, ray c said:

Could be the closes season for a long time all 8 teams could be battling for playoff places 

Seven. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Wouldnt it be better on consentrating on the Ippo side and what you could have..

Why ? Gavan puts very constructive, knowledgeable posts on here....!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Why ? Gavan puts very constructive, knowledgeable posts on here....!

In which he does

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Definately..

Several riders you would have thought would have been affordable have priced themselves out of the UK by a fair margin.

Sorry to say we can’t expect to see any top rider coming in. If middle order riders price their value so high, what chance a proper number one?

The thing is, even the so called top riders i.e Kildemand seem to come in and take the piss. 

The whole of British Speedway is an absolute shambles.

Neither league are as strong as they used to be. Can you imagine a prime Jason Crump or Rickardsson in this so called top flight now? Theyd only lose a race all season when they raced each other!!!

As much as I like Jason Doyle, top bloke and rider and brilliant to watch... can you imagine him topping the EL averages and winning the world title when the likes of Rickardsson, Adams, Crump, prime Pedersen etc were about?

the fact that many teams heatleaders are also heatleaders in the second division underlines what a mess the sport is in.

nobody wants to invest money into it and why should they?

grotty stadiums, a sport stuck in the past with its presentation.... its no wonder the top riders here leave their top gear in Poland and Sweden. They can turn up in the UK on second rate machinery and still earn a wage whilst making a mint on the continent riding their best gear. 

Im a carpenter and if I had two jobs, one paid $100 an hour the other $50 and I had to have a set of tools for each job, id have my top tools on the $100 job and cheaper tools on the $50 an hour job. 

Until money that matches Poland and Sweden appears in the UK somehow then the sport will get worse. 

Doesnt help how the promoters and leaders of the sport are an absolute shower of sh1te either.

• Like 2

Pinny it’s a ‘shambles’ as there is no money in the sport and what little tv money is not enough to attract top riders.

Money rules in Poland and Sweden but from what I see you occasionally get a good race so having teams stuffed with overpaid riders only evens the whole contest out. Racing here isn’t not worse quite the contrary.

UK now hopefully lives within its means and will sustain the sport in the future while we produce our own ‘stars’.