British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

He can't guest for Stefan or James because his average is higher.  Poole have re-declared their team with him in it - and will do the same when Klindt comes along.

Thanks for the explanation.

21 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You don’t expect him to score 5 or 6? So what do you expect him to get then?

and yes you wanted Sundstrom it’s the way Poole built their team. The fact is Sundstrom and the others haven’t done the business so they sacked Shanes.

Swindon have built their team the same way with a weak number 7. Thing is that the other 6 are doing their jobs so Swindon are fine with a Davey or Smith getting 2 or 3.

Shanes was the victim of the other dross at Poole 

I expected Shanes to achieve his average against opposing riders. James achieved his average by beating Poole riders only.

Anyway it doesn't matter now because he is gone and rightly so.

Gavan you need to stop. Any promoter in the league would have done the same thing. 

Who do you want Nielsen who is in the form of his life or Shanes who is out of his depth...............Easy decision.

Nick Morris has been as poor as Brady Kurtz so that makes you a bit of a hypocrite. Mitchell Davey and Jack Smith don't do anything.

Shanes should have brought something to the club and if he did then he might still be in the 1-7. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I expected Shanes to achieve his average against opposing riders. James achieved his average by beating Poole riders only.

Gavan you need to stop. Any promoter in the league would have done the same thing.

Who do you want Nielsen who is in the form of his life or Shanes who is out of his depth...............Easy decision.

Nick Morris has been as poor as Brady Kurtz so that makes you a bit of a hypocrite. Mitchell Davey and Jack Smith don't do anything.

Shanes should have brought something to the club and if he did then he might still be in the 1-7.

if it had been any other team in the league nothing would have been said , but because its Poole all hale lets out, shame he doesn't worry about his championship team

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

And still you don’t get it like banging a head against a brick wall!!

Of course people would have brought Nielsen in for Shanes it’s a no brainer......but please understand the reason why!!! If the top 6 has done their job then Poole couldn’t have bought Nielsen in for Shanes and in all likelihood Shanes would still be riding.

And please have a little look at the averages before you say Morris has been as bad as Kurtz. Both at number one and one is averaging a point more than the other lol

Edited by Gavan

Just now, Gavan said:

And still you don’t get it like banging a head against a brick wall!!

Of course people would have brought Nielsen in for Shanes it’s a no brainer......but please understand the reason why!!! If the top 6 has done their job then Poole couldn’t have bought Nielsen in for Shanes and in all likelihood Shanes would still be riding.

And please have a little look at the averages before you say Morris has been as bad as Kurtz. Both at number one and one is averaging a point more than the other lol

Gavan.

Shanes was sacked because he didn't do a job.....End of story. 

Morris has been inconsistent like Brady Kurtz.....End of story.

Not replying anymore because you are having one of your day's. Maybe it's the weather getting to you.....I don't know.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Gavan.

Shanes was sacked because he didn't do a job.....End of story. 

Morris has been inconsistent like Brady Kurtz.....End of story.

Not replying anymore because you are having one of your day's. Maybe it's the weather getting to you.....I don't know.

So just answer me one question.

Could Shanes have been replaced by Stefan Nielsen if everyone had ridden to their averages? 

The answer is no in case you wasn’t sure.

James Shanes could only have been replaced by another 2 pointer otherwise.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gavan said:

So just answer me one question.

Could Shanes have been replaced by Stefan Nielsen if everyone had ridden to their averages?

The answer is no in case you wasn’t sure.

James Shanes could only have been replaced by another 2 pointer otherwise.

some of the Poole team didn't perform, Shanes was dropped, Neilson was brought in, end of story, MOVE ON

dont think anyone would argue with that statement gavan as put simply, its correct.i fully expected at least half the poole team  to increase their starting averages and pretty obviously shanes would then have been no7 all season,no alternative.its still a team that could massively improve though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

some of the Poole team didn't perform, Shanes was dropped, Neilson was brought in, end of story, MOVE ON

Why did he not drop someone else because you have to admit there were worse riders under performing  than Shanes. Your 2 poles were going to improve there averages by about 2 or 3 points according to a lot of Poole posters  but they have not I said before the season started Woryner was hit and miss at cov when we had him and the other we got rid off 

Edited by Booey boy

10 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Why did he not drop someone else because you have to admit there were worse riders under performing  than Shanes. Your 2 poles were going to improve there averages by about 2 or 3 points according to a lot of Poole posters  but they have not I said before the season started Woryner was hit and miss at cov when we had him and the other we got rid off 

I don't recall any Poole fan suggesting that 'the Poles would improve their averages by 2 or 3 points', after only 8 meetings?!  Theres still a long way to go.

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I don't recall any Poole fan suggesting that 'the Poles would improve their averages by 2 or 3 points', after only 8 meetings?!  Theres still a long way to go.

The Poles still have time to improve but there is no doubt they don’t have their best kit here.

Im not arguing with the fact that Nielsen isn’t a better rider than Shanes and yes any promoter would have done the same. I’m only arguing the reason which is due to the other riders 

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

The Poles still have time to improve but there is no doubt they don’t have their best kit here.

Im not arguing with the fact that Nielsen isn’t a better rider than Shanes and yes any promoter would have done the same. I’m only arguing the reason which is due to the other riders 

If the 1 to 5 had done there job we would have in the top 4 and james would still have been a pirate simple really. But unfortunately some people cant see that or dont want to see it

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can someone explain why Klindt can't ride and why the averages don't change until june 13th

Maybe Klindt had commitments and couldn't ride until then.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can someone explain why Klindt can't ride and why the averages don't change until june 13th

I thought the averages changed june 1 but we haven't got a meeting till the 13