British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You are both right and disrespectful.  As you go through life you’ll realise that being respectful which is more appealing.

Nothing is disrespectful. People are having a James Shanes debate.....I spoke the truth.....I have provided the evidence to back up my claims after Adam's Daddy had a hissy fit.

I said Shanes was lucky to have done a lap around Poole this season and it's the truth because if Matt didn't get certain riders he wanted then Shanes wouldn't have gotten a team place from the get go.

I also said Shanes was only signed because of the Sundstrom signing......Again I am right because Sundstrom was the 6th confirmed signing and then Shanes was announced right after.

Shanes had to wait all winter to get a team berth that always depended on signing's higher up. 

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

Yep, no big star foreigners coming to the rescue so are there enough Championship riders to bail out Matt’s sinking ship?  We could be seeing a different one every week!  :)

As much as hes a pain in the backside MFF is actually right in what he is saying

Yep, for once he makes a decent point. It is what I thought at the time but because its MFF it's ridiculed. Also I'm surprised Starman hasn't been on and told Adam's Dad to get back on the Swindon thread! :o :D :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Could we be seeing a Poole side something like:

Kurtz

Barker

Doolan

Bach

Vissing

Klindt

Howe

All proven Championship performers. 

Good that he's looking at keeping Richie, I think a more in depth 1-5 is the better way to go than having a big hitter as how committed would riders like that be especially when practice in Poland is more appealing to them than UK racing!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Could we be seeing a Poole side something like:

Kurtz

Barker

Doolan

Bach

Vissing

Klindt

Howe

All proven Championship performers. 

Oh no you have blown it this time you've just leaked Swindon's team for next season! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Oh no you have blown it this time you've just leaked Swindon's team for next season! 

And the Kurtz is Todd not Brady :rofl:

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Good that he's looking at keeping Richie, I think a more in depth 1-5 is the better way to go than having a big hitter as how committed would riders like that be especially when practice in Poland is more appealing to them than UK racing!!

If practice is more appealing in Poland due to, I presume, not wanting to upset the 'geese that are laying their golden eggs', then surely it now makes even more sense for British Speedway to now "go it alone"?

Let's be honest of the GP riders who are willing to ride over here, the only top 10 rider in the world is Doyle and if he wasn't an Aussie,  over here for so many years, and as WC able to pick up good money without too much competition, then I would suspect he may have given Britain a miss too..

Ride on nights when you can generate the biggest crowds rather than when your employees tell you when they are available,  only pay out what you can afford and let those wanting more carry on earning more overseas if they so wish, and fill your teams with riders 100% committed to British Speedway, meaning they are always available when your business can bring in the most income...

Sometimes I do feel that some Promoters enjoy having their ego massaged by dealing with (and becoming friendly with) World Class talent...

I would suggest that the income their sport generates is often a lot smaller than their egos in some instances..

Time to face reality for some I reckon....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

hopefully we will see the team that will see the season out.in two weeks time maybe waited to long for chris one more change would give us a good chance of making the playoffs imo

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Ride on nights when you can generate the biggest crowds rather than when your employees tell you when they are available,  only pay out what you can afford and let those wanting more carry on earning more overseas if they so wish, and fill your teams with riders 100% committed to British Speedway, meaning they are always available when your business can bring in the most income...

Sometimes I do feel that some Promoters enjoy having their ego massaged by dealing with (and becoming friendly with) World Class talent...

I would suggest that the income their sport generates is often a lot smaller than their ego's in some instances..

Time to face reality for some I reckon....

Totally agree with you Mike and I think many of the problems started way back in the early 80's. Up until then Promoters were generally just that "PROMOTERS" who relied on the sport for their income, and as such actually promoted to get the crowds to come in. Then in the coming years you had supporters, who thought that their business could support speedway, become promoters to get their ego fix. I think some of them soon realised that, especially with the introduction of the Danes and Swedes to the 2nd division, it was far more expensive than they realised. I think a lot of the many clubs running in that time have suffered from this. Also the lack of second half racing has hindered the development of local talent over the years, much of this was local riders who developed and moved into their local team, something the local team supporters could relate to.

I'm just glad that I was able to enjoy that period!

• Like 2

Klindt for nielsen, gomolski for spanner and ljung/smolinski for josh g??

Goes to show Matt Ford has tried to get a top rider in.

”Even those who have been loyal to British speedway – Freddie Lindgren and Matej Zagar – are not willing to come to Britain at this point.

“The same applies to many of those who are not in the GP’s but are exceptional riders – Jarek Hampel, Andreas Jonsson, Antonio Lindback and Leon Madsen. All of those have been tried.

“Sadly, the big stars of the sport are finding Britain obstructive and so it’s becoming difficult to entice them. Finances are such that some riders are preferring to attend practice in Poland rather than race in Britain."

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Anders Thomsen going well. Might be worth a go

Trouble is he has no experience of uk tracks.

• Haha 1