Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Klindt for nielsen, gomolski for spanner and ljung/smolinski for josh g??

Gomolski is hardly getting a ride anywhere. Could be out of form.

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Trouble is he has no experience of uk tracks.

Thought he rode for Peterborough a season or two ago?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Goes to show Matt Ford has tried to get a top rider in.

”Even those who have been loyal to British speedway – Freddie Lindgren and Matej Zagar – are not willing to come to Britain at this point.

“The same applies to many of those who are not in the GP’s but are exceptional riders – Jarek Hampel, Andreas Jonsson, Antonio Lindback and Leon Madsen. All of those have been tried.

“Sadly, the big stars of the sport are finding Britain obstructive and so it’s becoming difficult to entice them. Finances are such that some riders are preferring to attend practice in Poland rather than race in Britain."

Is this a genuine quote? 

If so, what does he mean when he says "finding Britain obstructive" ?

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thomsen could be a good shout in fairness and would be on a low average. 

10 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Won't be replying anymore because I have provided facts to back up my claims. 

Adam's Daddy can say what he likes because it doesn't make a difference to my life.

End of the day I have spoke the truth and some of you don't like it but that's not my problem. 

The 2 posts above make it crystal clear...........James Shanes only got a team berth because Matt managed to get the Sundstrom deal completed.

No Sundstrom..........Would have meant no Shanes.

I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make with this.

Obviously, all teams are put together with averages and a points limit in mind. You can look at every team in the league and possibly say that the bottom average rider would not have been in the side had the points limit been higher.

I think all teams are looking at who can be fitted in by the time they get round to the final signing, but it doesn't necessarily make that rider any less valid once the season gets going, and they are naturally looking at the best option available on whatever average can be fitted in.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Is this a genuine quote? 

If so, what does he mean when he says "finding Britain obstructive" ?

It means- not worth it,too much hassle !!.The rider needs 2 bikes and van and a mechanic to help him on race night,prepare the bikes and run him to and collect him from the airport(unless the van is left there).

I have said many times before that the foreign riders in the Swedish and Danish leagues- and there are many of them- use their Polish kit and mechanics, using the ferry service between Poland and  Sweden to get there and back.

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Oh no you have blown it this time you've just leaked Swindon's team for next season! 

And they will still beat Poole

• Haha 1

Mike BV is spot on while it is good having the top riders over here its all about the racing and if we went down the mainly Brits teams I for one would still go to Poole every week because its the racing I go for not the egos

Edited by gimli27
wrong name entered

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good open & honest comments from both Klindt and Matt in the Echo. Finally some clarity to the situation.

Klindt quite right when he says he cannot be the sole saviour of Poole's season. What he does bring is experience, maybe some team bonding/spirit and yes many think he is a gating tart, BUT isn that half of what Poole's problem has been this season. Getting out of the gate in many instances. He could prove interesting as based on my below comments re Matt's press release, maybe Klindt could drift in and out of reserve which is where he could do most damage to less experienced opposition as he did last season when in there.

Finally an open and honest release from Matt on the situation with  team building and Holder. Well what he can say openly on the Holder situ that is.

I think yes now he needs to press on without Chris and has opened up on the frustration of trying to book top riders. Now its out in the open and he can press on building perhaps more of an in depth side aiming also for strong reserves which we know i so important in winning tight matches if one or two of the top guys are not firing fully.

If we assume (for this exercise if nothing else) that Spaniak is on the edge of the walking plank, Its starting to look like it could well be Brady K/Linus S/Josh G/Nicolai K/Kacper W and Richie W if he can be convinced to sign for rest of this season. Doing the calc I make it we have 5.58 left to play with.

Now indulge me here as we are playing Fantasy team rebuilding, but I notice in Matt's release he named plenty of so called top starts not willing to come over BUT one name he did not mention who has ridden for us before and is on a crazy low average is Vaclav Milik. Cannot understand why he did not eliminate him in the press release as he is a kind of potential star on a crazy low GSA. It sits at 5.67 BUT factor in a 5% discount as he hasnt ridden since 2015 (2 x 2.5% reduction) and you get 5.39 - within the 5.58 left.

Ok maybe its a long shot but knowing Matt wanted him for some time, last season and maybe this, just a bit surprised he didnt name one of his top targets from the list of non availables. Would be a dream signing of course as even if he didnt score 8/9 he should improve on his GSA. Did well in SWE last nigth and seems to be going ok in POL/SWE. Lost out on SGP for 2019 but will be hoping he maybe gets a wildcard for the SGP Final qualifier or even maybe one for the GP next year as no other Czechs in there.

Anyway its a dream thought and thats partly what the forum is about huh ??

Next we could go for Gomolski who indeed I do have reservations aired only yesterday on where his level is, as believe he thinks he is better than he actually is. If we factor in his form last season in POL Nice 1 and on a good day what he can sometimes achieve in POL EXL then at his GRA of 5.51 MAYBE he is worth a risk on basis he could be sharing the reserve berth with Wory/Klindt for rest of this season??

So there are some options/opinions. Another one is young Frederik Jakobsen. Only 19 - doing well in POL League 2 and in DK and we know Matt is a fan. Said pre season he would not consider UK before June due to studies in DK but would surely get a low GSA having never ridden UK and still in effect junior status. One drawback MIGHT be fixture clashes in DK but if Klindt can sign for Poole them maybe ???. Just an additional idea to throw into the mix.

Anyway no doubt we will here more as we now have some clarity on not getting an 8 pointer. 

As for Holder and assuming he does NOT ride in UK this year then  food for thought for Matt for next season. I assume he would shave 2.5% from his 7.16 havening not ridden UK 2018 so now 6.98 (even more attractive). Assuming his work permit issue will be over (one way or the other so he will or wont be in UK). Matt can also monitor his in and out form in POL/SWE and SGP. Interesting I see that he doesnt feel the need to go in the qualifiers for the SGP. Either he is over confident he will get into the top 8 or perhaps feels that his ultra close relationship to main sponsor Joe at Monster will help him through again on a wildcard if he misses out. Additionally maybe Matt can (if Chris's form warrants keeping him) also get Jack back for next season as for sure they will be happier riding together in same team and if as we hope Jack improves (both his form and attitude towards his employer ;)) Brady and Jack (both still with plenty of improvement to come) and Chris for 2019 in itself would be good, and no I am not going to make crazy predictions on how good the team would be, only that it would be a good 3 to have in the one team.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

If you don't like my comments then don't reply. I'm right and you're wrong.....Not even debateable.

Matt was only going to sign Shanes if he could get Sundstrom in...........FACT!

No Sundstrom then Shanes wouldn't have been signed from the get go......FACT!

He only got a team berth because the Poles gave Sundstrom the green light to sign for Poole.........FACT!

Therefore he is lucky to have done a lap for Poole this season. 

If you don't like my comments then I suggest you tuck Adam into bed and read him a bed time story.

But you have never quite  grasped the fact that most people only expected  James as a two pointer to score his average.If the rest of the team had been doing there jobs James would not even of been mentioned.Last year as the year went on James got better the simple fact is James was made the scapegoat but plenty have over the years.Loyalty patience it does work at Swindon we have Adam,David,Zach all riders that Rossiter believes in and they can be part of the future for years to come.

• Like 2

^^ comedy gold^^

A discount for Milik for not being here since 2015 :rofl:

• Haha 1

So who is gonna put money on Chris Holder's situation being resolved before August and he ends up riding against Poole?!  (Well he has to get a job somewhere?!):rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

But you have never quite  grasped the fact that most people only expected  James as a two pointer to score his average.If the rest of the team had been doing there jobs James would not even of been mentioned.Last year as the year went on James got better the simple fact is James was made the scapegoat but plenty have over the years.Loyalty patience it does work at Swindon we have Adam,David,Zach all riders that Rossiter believes in and they can be part of the future for years to come.

Perhaps Poole have reached a point like Swindon did a few years back. With Darcy, Magic and now Chris fallen by the wayside, the basic core of their successful team has gone. It's not unlike Swindon without Rico and Leigh Adams. The team needs to start again.

Getting random riders in on lowish averages is all well and good, but a team ethic needs to be in place too. Maybe this year will be something of a fallow year, but I think they need to keep a basic core of a side going. Brady and Josh could be that, and I think it was a mistake to get rid of Hans, as an old-hand was probably required to steady the ship. Shanes could have been a part of that, too.

Poole will come good, as long as they don't panic and make too many changes just for the sake of it.  

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So who is gonna put money on Chris Holder's situation being resolved before August and he ends up riding against Poole?!  (Well he has to get a job somewhere?!):rolleyes:

Somerset probably they seem to be struggling too.