British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

There you go that's what people have been trying to tell you :cheers:

No.....They have said that he is a VICTIM of poor performances from others. 

They are trying to act like Shanes was a saint and didn't do anything wrong and it's everyone else's fault. 

Which is wrong. 

I have been right from Day 1 regarding Shanes. James scored the vast majority of his points against Poole riders only.

Now. Let's say Shanes is riding with Kasprzak 3 times and Kasprzak cant be bothered so he gives up and retires in those 3 races then James Shanes would have 3 points next to his name.

Some would say 3 points.....Job done.....But it's not job done because he hasn't beaten an opposing rider and only scored points against KK who put in no effort whatsoever. 

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

No.....They have said that he is a VICTIM of poor performances from others. 

They are trying to act like Shanes was a saint and didn't do anything wrong and it's everyone else's fault. 

Which is wrong. 

How anybody could have expected James to do more than he did is beyond me ..... only his second season in the Premiership with only NL experience before that with Kent.

A classic case of the numbers game ..... he got the team place as he fitted in with the others/Sundstrom and it is as simple as that.

The fact that he could be replaced was purely down to others (including Sundstrom) not performing.

It isn't that difficult to understand.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nobber junior said:

How anybody could have expected James to do more than he did is beyond me ..... only his second season in the Premiership with only NL experience before that with Kent.

A classic case of the numbers game ..... he got the team place as he fitted in with the others/Sundstrom and it is as simple as that.

The fact that he could be replaced was purely down to others (including Sundstrom) not performing.

For some it is obviously

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nobber junior said:

James got sacked because he struggled to beat an opposing rider. Simple as that.

Shanes' scores against opposing riders only. (Not including points scored against Poole riders when being on the receiving end of a 5-1)

BV Home - 2, 0, 0 

BV Away - 0, 0, 1*

Swindon Home - 1, 1*, FD

Wolves Away - 0, 0, 0, 1*

Somerset Away - 0, 0, 0, 0

Now Shanes' guest appearances for Somerset

Wolves Away - F, 0, 1

BV Home - 1*, 0, 0 

Overall he hasn't achieved his 2.00 point average against opposing riders in 5 of those 7 meeting's

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

Just read Matt Ford’s interview in the Echo, honest & open as expected. Fair play for him trying to bring a big hitter over but a thankless task. So who will be the 2nd change? I reckon Sczspaniak will be axed (without trying to wind anyone up, I said he wouldn’t last the season as he wouldn’t be good enough, one season doesn’t make a rider). Who is available....I reckon TJ could be an option, needs to ride in a league where he can score points......This would make Poole strong in reserve but very vunable in heats 11, 13 & 15. Can a team of 6 point riders make the play offs? 

Interested to hear what the masses think? 

Edited by hyabb17

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Just a quick question if all the Poole rider's had rode to there averages who would you have replaced James with ?

What you are saying Ray is if your other riders had rode to there full potential nothing at all would of been said about James.Also with James  when i have seen him  ride  and you know more about him than me he  has rode his nuts off supporters can relate to that.If Swindon could swap Shane's for Smith a big yes from me and that is meant with disrespect to Jack .But I do believe Jack can improve  and he can do that with no pressure as most home supporters hope for a minimum of 2 points per meeting.

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

You cant replace him if all riders rode to there averages......Because all the replacement options would be just as poor as Shanes. The whole point of a team change is to improve the team. Unless it's a Mitchell Davey type of situation.

For example

Smith for Shanes = Lose lose situation. Neither rider is going to do anything therefore no point in making the change.

What a disrespectful post an important 2/3 points can make the difference in winning the meeting.The other week at the Abbey ok we beat Rye House easily but Jack Smith v Max Clegg there meeting's were mini battle's it is a team sport not everyone are World Champion material i have respect for every rider your last sentence tells me you don't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

What a disrespectful post an important 2/3 points can make the difference in winning the meeting.The other week at the Abbey ok we beat Rye House easily but Jack Smith v Max Clegg there meeting's were mini battle's it is a team sport not everyone are World Champion material i have respect for every rider your last sentence tells me you don't.

You're just easily offended. I was asked a question so I answered it truthfully. 

53 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

James got sacked because he struggled to beat an opposing rider. Simple as that.

Shanes' scores against opposing riders only. (Not including points scored against Poole riders when being on the receiving end of a 5-1)

BV Home - 2, 0, 0 

BV Away - 0, 0, 1*

Swindon Home - 1, 1*, FD

Wolves Away - 0, 0, 0, 1*

Somerset Away - 0, 0, 0, 0

Now Shanes' guest appearances for Somerset

Wolves Away - F, 0, 1

BV Home - 1*, 0, 0 

Overall he hasn't achieved his 2.00 point average against opposing riders in 5 of those 7 meeting's

Winning the league or not winning the league was never going to be purely down to James achieving, or not achieving, his 2.00 point average was it .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

My last sentence on the subject of mixing young Brits with  experience etc said and I qte

"Let's take advantage of it combining youth and talent (in our own way) like the Poles do. Even if it is a case of small steps"

I  was making that comment as a lover of Speedway (like most on the Forum) and not Poole taking advantage in its own way of creaming off the top 2 or 3 youngsters (in its own way as you mention) and building the team accordingly.

The let's take advantage and in our own way comments were meant that we as British Speedway should do it this way. In our own way I meant in a minature version of how the Poles seem to do it taking 2 POL youngsters - young established WW talent and experienced WW riders. (By WW talent I mean that to include both British and any other nation).

Of course we can't compare it to the Poles who are light years ahead of us, but as a business/racing model they seem to have the right mix so perhaps we can  follow "In our own way" to give both  supporters and riders the right mix of youth - established young and experienced riders.

We perhaps seem at crossed wires but hopefully this clarifies any misunderstanding of what I was getting at.

Do you think a mixture of say five good riders with two talented Brits maybe not all Brit's?  could it work Steve.? Would the youngster say have two races against his opposite 6/7 and maybe against a number 2 and 4 not easy to organise i know but for me it is an exciting thought.Just think Poole as a example Holder,Holder,jnr),Kurtz,Woryna,Sundstrom,Jenkins,Brennan.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Just now, nobber junior said:

Winning the league or not winning the league was never going to be purely down to James achieving, or not achieving, his 2.00 point average was it .....

Agree.

But James' job was to take 2 points a meeting off opposing riders......He didn't do that and he got sacked.

9 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

You're just easily offended. I was asked a question so I answered it truthfully. 

Not offended not one bit  makes no odds to me but do you not think you were a wee bit disrespectful to those two riders.?

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

Not offended not one bit  makes no odds to me but do you not think you were a wee bit disrespectful to those two riders.?

No. Just being honest that's all. I'm not saying both riders are rubbish. Because both of them are young and are currently in development. 

Just saying at this moment in time neither rider is going to do anything in the Premiership because they aren't ready for that standard of racing as of yet.

44 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

No. Just being honest that's all. I'm not saying both riders are rubbish. Because both of them are young and are currently in development. 

Just saying at this moment in time neither rider is going to do anything in the Premiership because they aren't ready for that standard of racing as of yet.

You have always said that James is rubbish 

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

You have always said that James is rubbish 

Yep. Many times. Would be easy to go back and find the posts if I wanted to waste some of my life.

• Like 2