British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

But Holder had been long talked about as a talent just happened that Poole signed him.A bit like now in Aussie List, Gilmore ,Brown are all  talked about as the next generation coming through whoever signs them are those who give them the best deal.

It doesnt really matter, Poole were the club that brought him to the UK, set him up and ultimately he became world champ.

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Personally I would get Anders Thomsen and Kacper gomolski  to replace Josh and Szczpaniak.

With Nic in we are currently on 42.21

Take Matt and Josh away and we are on 30.51 according to the 30/5/18 averages. 

Option 1 

I would get Erik Riss=5.75 if possible 

Then have 6.24 points left, see if you could get Wozniak on 5.91 

Option 2 

Other option Jepsen Jensen on 6.52 and then anyone on 5. 47 

Don’t think Erik Riss is that interested in Premiership racing at the moment as has a busy calendar on the continent inc Poland plus I understand his GF is coming over from Australia and has planned trips around Europe with her sightseeing 

12 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Don’t think Erik Riss is that interested in Premiership racing at the moment as has a busy calendar on the continent inc Poland plus I understand his GF is coming over from Australia and has planned trips around Europe with her sightseeing 

Maybe Kacper and Wozniak would make a good pairing. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

They don't have anywhere close to the money needed even if he wanted to ride in the UK again.

After the Vaculik situation I think there is zero chance of Gorzow letting any of their Polish  riders ride in the U.K. let alone Wozniak who has really upped his game this year 

10 hours ago, flagrag said:

After the Vaculik situation I think there is zero chance of Gorzow letting any of their Polish  riders ride in the U.K. let alone Wozniak who has really upped his game this year 

KK still turning up for Rye House and a Gorzow rider.

10 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Maybe Kacper and Wozniak would make a good pairing. 

Assuming both would be replacements for say Spaniak/Josh G then I question if Matt really wants the addl expense of nett one Pole for the rest of the season. 

Matt must be hurting  financially pretty hard this season with all that's gone on and meetings cancelled etc, so lets say its Woz. The cost of having say 2 bikes - engines - technical support - flights in and out - accomodation -  wages etc. He is doing better since his swap to Gorzow from Leszno and seems to have improved his form so far in POL.

Woz for Spaniak I would go for as he is a better rider than Gomolski. Problem is that assuming we keep Worrall and the rest of the team  we only have 5.58 to play with (taking Spaniak out of the team with Klindt coming in). Unless of course Matt was planning to can Josh G which would fit him in.

Matt may not be in a hurry as next meeting is 2 weeks time plus next cut off for GSA's is only 23/6 meaning he can use the current ones effective from today to work around.

Footnote: Matts article in the Echo today shows how badly the Holder situation has hurt the club when you look at all of the assets he could have had available.

12 hours ago, poolebolton said:

With Nic in we are currently on 42.21

Take Matt and Josh away and we are on 30.51 according to the 30/5/18 averages. 

Option 1 

I would get Erik Riss=5.75 if possible 

Option 2 

Other option Jepsen Jensen on 6.52 and then anyone on 5. 47 

Yes Erik Riss is a good shout but Thomsen is going so well at the moment I would like to get him in the team and I think he would come in on a 6.37 converted average unless he is re-assessed.

I would keep Josh. Due to us more than likely benefiting from his average the following year.....Sack him and he may not want to ride for us again.

Just get rid of Szczepaniak.

14 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I would keep Josh. Due to us more than likely benefiting from his average the following year.....Sack him and he may not want to ride for us again.

Just get rid of Szczepaniak.

If Josh gets an average that is really low maybe? that shows he is on the down slide his mistake i believe was not doing the Championship.Next year on the same average there could be better options out there.

Just leave the team as it is and see how we go .I think it is as good as it's going to be James was a scapegoat don't need no more ?

22 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

I pay £17 at Swindon, didn't realise Poole was £18. I'm unsure why you've decided to be an arse to me, haven't done so to you or been rude, I'll put it down to a bad day.

Its just the way i read the posts mate. Sadly, there are many on here who like to have a pop at Poole, because its Poole and the clubs success. But i also wonder if a lot on here are really speedway fans because they come across very spiteful and pretty clueless.  From a Poole perspective, if we say its white they will say its black, so really you just put them on block and ignore them, its the only way round it.. We are all pretty cheesed off at Poole with the season we have had so far, i would hate to  talk for Matt. But unfortunately, most of it has been down to circumtances.

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Its just the way i read the posts mate. Sadly, there are many on here who like to have a pop at Poole, because its Poole and the clubs success. But i also wonder if a lot on here are really speedway fans because they come across very spiteful and pretty clueless.  From a Poole perspective, if we say its white they will say its black, so really you just put them on block and ignore them, its the only way round it.. We are all pretty cheesed off at Poole with the season we have had so far, i would hate to  talk for Matt. But unfortunately, most of it has been down to circumtances.

No worries, It wasn't a dig at Poole, was just trying to say if more people went then than can only be a good thing. Poole's season has been a strange one, I'll be honest & thought that the team was a risk based on the riders signed however I didn't expect Poole to be bottom after this many matches.

Yes, Josh's scores are gradually improving, but not sure what his performances are like?