British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

No worries, It wasn't a dig at Poole, was just trying to say if more people went then than can only be a good thing. Poole's season has been a strange one, I'll be honest & thought that the team was a risk based on the riders signed however I didn't expect Poole to be bottom after this many matches.

Nope, neither did we. It was built on POTENTIAL, but its been very slow coming to hand, its getting there but there may have to be a few changes.
Problem  is, many people cannot afford to go now, week in week out, when you tot everything up it becomes a very expensive night.
The lightlyhood of the top boys coming back here is nil, so speedway will have to cut its cloth right across the board for it to survive as a professional sport.
And if that means one big league cutting admission prices and a play off system of North and South then a grand final so  beit. dangle the carrot give it the publicity and get people in..

Edited by Starman2006

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Its just the way i read the posts mate. Sadly, there are many on here who like to have a pop at Poole, because its Poole and the clubs success. But i also wonder if a lot on here are really speedway fans because they come across very spiteful and pretty clueless.  From a Poole perspective, if we say its white they will say its black, so really you just put them on block and ignore them, its the only way round it.. We are all pretty cheesed off at Poole with the season we have had so far, i would hate to  talk for Matt. But unfortunately, most of it has been down to circumtances.

I wouldn't have said your are very spiteful, but clueless definitely.:t:

Alongside MF's story in the local Echo today about blocking Leicester from signing Klindt, Middlo was also interviewed on BBC Radio Solent this morning and said 'heads may roll' this month!!!

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Alongside MF's story in the local Echo today about blocking Leicester from signing Klindt, Middlo was also interviewed on BBC Radio Solent this morning and said 'heads may roll' this month!!!

What time? Catch up on iplayer?? 

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Gonna have to mate. Otherwise we could struggle..

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

'may roll' not 'will roll' ;)

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Yes Erik Riss is a good shout but Thomsen is going so well at the moment I would like to get him in the team and I think he would come in on a 6.37 converted average unless he is re-assessed.

It’s all very well naming riders you think will fit in. One big problem, they don’t want to do U.K. Do the sums, 2x bikes, van, flights, mechanic, accommodation etc. At U.K.  points pay need to average about 9 to break even. 

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I would keep Josh. Due to us more than likely benefiting from his average the following year.....Sack him and he may not want to ride for us again.

Just get rid of Szczepaniak.

No good keeping josh unless his form improves.

16 minutes ago, DWP said:

It’s all very well naming riders you think will fit in. One big problem, they don’t want to do U.K. Do the sums, 2x bikes, van, flights, mechanic, accommodation etc. At U.K.  points pay need to average about 9 to break even. 

That is always the problem we all know that.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Just leave the team as it is and see how we go .I think it is as good as it's going to be James was a scapegoat don't need no more ?

Disagree no good leaving it as it is unless you want us to remain bottom.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Disagree no good leaving it as it is unless you want us to remain bottom.

Fed up with all this season waited to long for holder total shambles imo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

Fed up with all this season waited to long for holder total shambles imo

We can turn it around, Matt Ford has said heads will roll so he isn't giving up just yet.

• Like 1

Many of us are still waiting for Season to start! At least you have something to get fed up with....

55 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We can turn it around, Matt Ford has said heads will roll so he isn't giving up just yet.

And he wont. Believe me..

Matt needs to put away the archive book of averages and the calculator and look after the riders he’s got. With a bit of faith, loyalty and encouragement they should come good. Why wouldn’t you want to keep Kurtz, Grajczonek & Woryna and tell them you’ll build your team around them for the next three years? Batchelor, Tungate, Newman, Kennett, Howarth, Shanes, Starke, Klindt, Andersen and even Chris Holder should all have been treated better. With all due respect to them it never makes sense to keep bringing in stop gap, foreign based riders like Szzzzzpaniak, Lindback, Gomolski, Sundstrom, Jepsen Jensen & Jonasson, who aren’t committed to the UK and never stick around at any club for very long.

• Like 6