British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

See Lisa's reply.

well there was someone on here mouthing off who's a know nothing gosh*ite - if thats where its coming from. Sincerely hope its not true

can anyone say if its true that matt as got rid of glyn as trackman?

3 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Surely not?  If so, Starry can replace him as he seems to have been talking track preparation for most of the season :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

What for ?  Having Starman as his spokesman ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't of let him go, .he is the dogs , ain't that right starman .  Who will starry smug up to now?

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 1

Just got back from Rye House Youth Championship, got talking to a very reliable source that told me Poole are losing £8000 a meeting

33 minutes ago, sommelier said:

If that ws true other clubs would be losing tens of thousands a week. Poole haven’t got an expensive team and Matt doesn’t pay more than he can afford. Poole’s crowds are down but not bad compared to other clubs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Oh dear, the wheels are coming off the Knobs tractor big time this year:D and no I'm not from Coventry.

Edited by Trackrat

2 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Surely not though, he is the world champion track preparer as were Poole gonna walk the league this year, oh it does make me smile.

39 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If that ws true other clubs would be losing tens of thousands a week. Poole haven’t got an expensive team and Matt doesn’t pay more than he can afford. Poole’s crowds are down but not bad compared to other clubs.

Lol you’re so naive. Matt’s been buying “success” for years but it’s finally caught up with him. Other countries are splashing the cash and riders can’t be bothered with “hire ‘em and fire ‘em” Matt :)

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Lol you’re so naive. Matt’s been buying “success” for years but it’s finally caught up with him. Other countries are splashing the cash and riders can’t be bothered with “hire ‘em and fire ‘em” Matt :)

Look we all know if Poole came to the point of not affording their electricity bill their fans are convinced all they have to do is get Ford to point his backside at the track and it'll be fully lit by glorious sunshine. There's nothing like winning to get blind faith. Wonder how they'll deal with failure? 

spoke to some permanent stadium employees today who confirmed there was no rain at the stadium all day and that bends 1 and 2 had puddles of water early am but instead of brushing off the water the track was bladed then rolled so 1st 2 bends were hard on top but mush underneath,nothing to do with rain on the day or high tides!!  i was informed that the track curator  was sacked that day as i posted on the day.i was told that people were still being turned away at 7.30 would have been a bumper much needed crowd.Matt was heard saying it was his most embarrassing moment in speedway,i feel for any speedway promoter that suffers such a hit through no fault of their own,i understand extensive work is planned for next week and im sure all genuine speedway fans hope its successful

• Like 3

Can't believe 'Matt' is getting it so wrong, but i like it:P

Edited by Trackrat

38 minutes ago, poole keith said:

spoke to some permanent stadium employees today who confirmed there was no rain at the stadium all day and that bends 1 and 2 had puddles of water early am but instead of brushing off the water the track was bladed then rolled so 1st 2 bends were hard on top but mush underneath,nothing to do with rain on the day or high tides!!  i was informed that the track curator  was sacked that day as i posted on the day.i was told that people were still being turned away at 7.30 would have been a bumper much needed crowd.Matt was heard saying it was his most embarrassing moment in speedway,i feel for any speedway promoter that suffers such a hit through no fault of their own,i understand extensive work is planned for next week and im sure all genuine speedway fans hope its successful

Top class post 

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

Blimey. 

Maybe it was too big a job - maybe he didn't have the financial support - maybe it was even that effin water table that i hear so much about. 

Whatever the case may be, its embarrassing - not quite as bad as Gavan trying to schmooze that girl on twitter, but still pretty bad all the same.

Cheers