British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

If it were me I'd put legal pressure on the Council who in turn do the same to Stadia UK to pay for the track to be 'sorted'. Matt only rents the stadium 'facilities' after all!!

Or maybe with the longer term redevelopment of the whole stadium site still on the Council planners' table (which may see a reconfigured track within a reconfigured facility?) maybe nobody is prepared to 'invest' a huge amount?!

Lets not forget Matt paid for turns 1 and 2 to be relaid before the season started and those improvements were readily agreed by the riders to give a smooth surface  - admittedly in hindsight it could have been done earlier with time to settle, but maybe Matt doesn't rent or have access to the facility between November and February? Why would he or anyone?

STILL a big hole on turns 1/2 apparently

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

That's for Matt to dump the Speedway rule books!

13 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

How is Starman these days?

Just messing Starry, just messing...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badge said:

After last night's showing, he'd do well to try and resurrect the Smolinski signing??

Probably smolinski wanted far to much money that Matt wanted to pay ?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

DC2 really has turned into Gavan mk2. Well they do share the same sirname. Probably related.

Hi mate, good win for Coventry today against a strong Kent side. Glory days are coming back.:party:

55 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Hi mate, good win for Coventry today against a strong Kent side. Glory days are coming back.:party:

Eastbourne 54 - 36 Coventry, 98 - 82 on agg , not in the knockout cup it's not

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

And do you know why Phil ? It will be sorted. Put it this way, Glyn wasnt happy and im dam sure that Matt was even less so.. I'l leave it there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

What has that to do with this thread? 

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What has that to do with this thread? 

Sorry, didn't see your nosey name on it anywhere.:D

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

And do you know why Phil ? It will be sorted. Put it this way, Glyn wasnt happy and im dam sure that Matt was even less so.. I'l leave it there.

So is it true  that's he gone now then ?

• Like 1

Track prep at Poole is easy all you need is the Tide Timetable and red shale easy!

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

Track prep at Poole is easy all you need is the Tide Timetable and red shale easy!

But not so it seems ;)

I feel sorry for all the fans that turned up and were sent home..

It's a funny one. The track has been raced on since Glyn has been doing it. He is no mug when it comes to tracks, but I guess this Poole one is maybe something he hasn't come across..There is clearly something wrong with  the base under certain conditions. I don't know if the tide thing has much to do with it, or if combined by very wet weather, it does.. Similar to the trouble BV had at the start, a soggy bottom:unsure:.

I know fans like a bit of banter, me included. Maybe they need to find out who put BV's right quick smart... And now someone's gonna say it was Glyn :)

If there is any truth Poole are loosing £8k a week, I hope they can get this sorted and fans will return. No one wants a club to fold, not even Poole.

• Like 2

Glyn can do a job, he doesn't turn bad overnight, maybe the problem here is the equipment at his disposal and the amount of time the Poole track has been neglected.

• Like 5

So Chris Holder is back in the UK. 

Yet can’t ride for Poole. Strange. 

Was at the motocross today for the GP. 

Unless Matt has a surprise for us!!! Which I very much doubt.