British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Glyn can do a job, he doesn't turn bad overnight, maybe the problem here is the equipment at his disposal and the amount of time the Poole track has been neglected.

He has proved that he can and still does, i agree. I did read about poor out dated tools for the job. The track should of been got at as early as possible. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

3 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

So Chris Holder is back in the UK. 

Yet can’t ride for Poole. Strange. 

Was at the motocross today for the GP. 

Unless Matt has a surprise for us!!! Which I very much doubt. 

I hope so. You need something to get you going.

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

If he's sorted his issues out, well done to him. 

Perhaps he has to be back for an appointment maybe  :neutral:

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Like 3

CHRIS may have his passport back and be able to enter the UK but as yet we don't know whether he has a work visa.

My knowledge of track preparation is probably zero but wiser heads than me (not difficult) say that the only way to fully rectify the problems at Poole is to start from scratch.

11 hours ago, poolebolton said:

He may have had his documents, including his passport, returned but not received a visa yet.

I was under the impression that the track had been sorted over the winter! I'm afraid this sort of thing will keep people away. I live just over 100 miles from Poole so have to pick my meetings, I look for a meeting where both teams are at full strength, when the weather looks good and now I have to worry about whether the track will be fit for purpose!

11 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Where was the motocross? Quite a way away from Poole presumably?!

Motocross GP was at Winchester.

1 minute ago, LesR said:

Motocross GP was at Winchester.

Nuff said.;)

12 hours ago, stevehone said:

Glyn can do a job, he doesn't turn bad overnight, maybe the problem here is the equipment at his disposal and the amount of time the Poole track has been neglected.

Call the mods

Call the mods

stevehone has broken the no sensible post rule

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CHRIS may have his passport back and be able to enter the UK but as yet we don't know whether he has a work visa.

My knowledge of track preparation is probably zero but wiser heads than me (not difficult) say that the only way to fully rectify the problems at Poole is to start from scratch.

Very difficult Phil when you have limited access.  and costs a lot of money The track has not, been neglected as some know alls seem to think who dont even live anywhere near poole.  it was completely levelled out during the winter, but the 1-2 nd bend could have been re-done earlier. That said, the problem does not just lay there, and the weather has also played a big part. As i said, there are many on here who wouldnt know the difference between shale and sand, yet they propose to know it all.  No more comment needed.

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Very difficult Phil when you have limited access.  and costs a lot of money The track has not, been neglected as some know alls seem to think who dont even live anywhere near poole.  it was completely levelled out during the winter, but the 1-2 nd bend could have been re-done earlier. That said, the problem does not just lay there, and the weather has also played a big part. As i said, there are many on here who wouldnt know the difference between shale and sand, yet they propose to know it all.  No more comment needed.

CANNOT argue with any of that but the fact is that good tracks produce good racing and bad tracks bad racing. If every racing surface was like Belle Vue at one end of the scale or Scunthorpe at the other chances are speedway attendances, despite all the other issues, would be greater than they are now.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CANNOT argue with any of that but the fact is that good tracks produce good racing and bad tracks bad racing. If every racing surface was like Belle Vue at one end of the scale or Scunthorpe at the other chances are speedway attendances, despite all the other issues, would be greater than they are now.

Granted, but BV is a brand new complex, and  there should be no problem in keeping that tip top with maximum access.  other tracks have to work round dogs, and the weather, and that is not easy.  then you need to have people who can gurrantee you the time, many volunteers have to work so they have to work round that. We have good lads that can get in aprox 4.30 5 pm on a weds, and then have plenty of things to do a lot of checking is done before hand, and any problems are convayed to them. The track boys get on with there job, and anybody who has prepared a track knows its not easy. You can keep going round in circles Phil  titavating this and that, but things will never be perfect. but the main priority is rider safety. You can prepare a track the same way two weeks running for example, with the same weather on each day, but the track will never ride the same.

Edited by Starman2006

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yet in your orginal post about the  farce that was the postponment, you said Glyn had to stop work on the track and attend to the airfence. Surely his time would have been better spent working on the track. Wasn’t it fact that the person who helps wasn’t in that day. Therefore Matt Ford must take the blame for ensuring there were enough people available to make the track raceable.

• Like 1