British Speedway Forum

Was talking to the track man who went to somerest to sort the track out. He said they bladed off 50 ton of the same red shale what poole used , or as he said cat litter. Went back to the base and started again. so think thats what poole need to do?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Was talking to the track man who went to somerest to sort the track out. He said they bladed off 50 ton of the same red shale what poole used , or as he said cat litter. Went back to the base and started again. so think thats what poole need to do?

Instead of listening to hearsay or all the b*llocks on this theead, why don’t you contact Matt Ford and offer your services?

Glyn has made the track smoother, taken out the hole on bend one, unless it has made a re-appearance. 

Do belive there is a track man comeing down from scotland to sort out the poole track. As glyn is no longer working there

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Instead of listening to hearsay or all the b*llocks on this theead, why don’t you contact Matt Ford and offer your services?

Glyn has made the track smoother, taken out the hole on bend one, unless it has made a re-appearance. 

IT has

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It has

I was just about to say rather than speculating would it not make more sense to wait until there has actually been any announcement  or indeed comments from either Matt or Glyn themselves concerning the situation. Im sure there will be -eventually......oh silly me - wheres the fun in that huh

If you would like to look at Miliks Instagram story he is on the ferry to the UK. 

That’s suggests bikes. You don’t get the ferry if you don’t have to. Would make sense!

Before anyone says anything I’m doing this straight off Instagram. But have a look for yourselves .

FALSE ALARM SPEEDWAY OF NATIONS. 

Edited by poolebolton
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT has

It actually hasn't but there was a bit of track that broke up on Wednesday.

Anyhow as has been stated a Scottish guy is down Friday working with the local guys to try and sort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orbiter said:

It has

Again, caused by the weather. Please see Sugerays post..

7 minutes ago, sugarray said:

It actually hasn't but there was a bit of track that broke up on Wednesday.

Anyhow as has been stated a Scottish guy is down Friday working with the local guys to try and sort.

Has to be Doc Bridgett- a top track curator and a really nice chap.

• Like 1

I write.as a new poster hi all

I am one of the clubs sponsors which includes  meeting and rider sponsorship . I read with Interest one post regarding who would buy Poole, speedway should Matt decide enough is enough.

Simple answer to that is no one in their right mind would  because of the way speedway is run at the moment. The whole set up needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom, rules and regulations need changing to attract the  fans back and introduce the younger fans and the sport needs a rebranding to attract more sponsors and coverage.

The tv revenue has reduced by more than 75%  most businesses could not survive if such a budgeted part of its revenue was cut this much.

i have personally seen how many riders Matt has contacted  and he has left no stone unturned . Riders do not want to ride in the league in the UK and those who might consider you could not afford.

We all know the money in Polqnd is far higher and being based abroad makes sense to cut down on travelling costs so British speedway is not able to attract the riders we would all like to see , so where does that leave us.

Last year I wrote to the BSPA twice regarding new ideas and rule changes and suggestions of an open forum with promoters, sponsors , fans to discuss ways of making the sport more attractive and looking at ways it could compete in a very competitive marketplace , did I get any response ,not one acknowledgement and one wonders why the sport is struggling ..

Burying your head in the sand while waiting for the fateful day to arrive is not the answer , the  sport needs a new focus with people willing to listen and change, its still very much an exciting sport and could attract more followers but not in its current format in my opinion..

For me seeing how hard Matt works is testament for his love of the club on Wednesday following the call off debacle and I was their when it happened you could see the effect it had on him and though I don’t agree with everythinh]g he does I won’t criticise his commitment . 

I love the sport and am proud of my local team I know things at the moment  things are not the best I believe changes will be made but I fear it’s not at club level most changes need to be made ..

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Has to be Doc Bridgett- a top track curator and a really nice chap.

Its not the Doc as far as im aware.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Again, caused by the weather. Please see Sugerays post..

Every track i assume has had biblical amounts of rain especially this season.But never seem to get the same problems Poole have.You can't just blame the weather alone.

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT has

So you are saying Glyn did a botch job?