British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

about 1/2 hour from his Ringwood home, so pretty close

45 mins ;)

31 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So you are saying Glyn did a botch job?

Would anyone suggest he did a good job based on the outcome?

10 hours ago, Mediman said:

I write.as a new poster hi all

I am one of the clubs sponsors which includes  meeting and rider sponsorship . I read with Interest one post regarding who would buy Poole, speedway should Matt decide enough is enough.

Simple answer to that is no one in their right mind would  because of the way speedway is run at the moment. The whole set up needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom, rules and regulations need changing to attract the  fans back and introduce the younger fans and the sport needs a rebranding to attract more sponsors and coverage.

The tv revenue has reduced by more than 75%  most businesses could not survive if such a budgeted part of its revenue was cut this much.

i have personally seen how many riders Matt has contacted  and he has left no stone unturned . Riders do not want to ride in the league in the UK and those who might consider you could not afford.

We all know the money in Polqnd is far higher and being based abroad makes sense to cut down on travelling costs so British speedway is not able to attract the riders we would all like to see , so where does that leave us.

Last year I wrote to the BSPA twice regarding new ideas and rule changes and suggestions of an open forum with promoters, sponsors , fans to discuss ways of making the sport more attractive and looking at ways it could compete in a very competitive marketplace , did I get any response ,not one acknowledgement and one wonders why the sport is struggling ..

Burying your head in the sand while waiting for the fateful day to arrive is not the answer , the  sport needs a new focus with people willing to listen and change, its still very much an exciting sport and could attract more followers but not in its current format in my opinion..

For me seeing how hard Matt works is testament for his love of the club on Wednesday following the call off debacle and I was their when it happened you could see the effect it had on him and though I don’t agree with everythinh]g he does I won’t criticise his commitment . 

I love the sport and am proud of my local team I know things at the moment  things are not the best I believe changes will be made but I fear it’s not at club level most changes need to be made ..

Top Post, sums it up perfectly

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So you are saying Glyn did a botch job?

NO. I repeat that the only way to fully rectify the track issues at Poole is a major overhaul, back to the base, a complete rebuild. I also understand that in the current climate that prevails over speedway as a whole (see Mediman) this is financially impossible. But without a decent (at least) track it is hard to provide the sport of entertainment that we all know speedway can and which would undoubtedly help increase attendances.

• Like 1

To relay the track completely take it back to base and then apply all the layers would cost around 50k minimum someone told me Belle Vue was  nearer 100k  but that. Was from start.

the problem with Poole is that drainage is so poor because of the tidal nature , when the new police station was built it was almost built on stilts to stop water coming up. My offices in Sterte have a  pumping station attached in case of tidal issues.

You can’t add drains as water has a habit of rising as well as falling. Would anyone spend that money when they don’t own the stadium and with the other issues . It has to be fixed and will be . There is a material called Edinburgh shale which is suposedly the best available however the amount needed and the transportation costs are massive.

The best way to become a millionaire promoting speedway is to be a billionaire . 

11 hours ago, Mediman said:

I write.as a new poster hi all

I am one of the clubs sponsors which includes  meeting and rider sponsorship . I read with Interest one post regarding who would buy Poole, speedway should Matt decide enough is enough.

Simple answer to that is no one in their right mind would  because of the way speedway is run at the moment. The whole set up needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom, rules and regulations need changing to attract the  fans back and introduce the younger fans and the sport needs a rebranding to attract more sponsors and coverage.

The tv revenue has reduced by more than 75%  most businesses could not survive if such a budgeted part of its revenue was cut this much.

i have personally seen how many riders Matt has contacted  and he has left no stone unturned . Riders do not want to ride in the league in the UK and those who might consider you could not afford.

We all know the money in Polqnd is far higher and being based abroad makes sense to cut down on travelling costs so British speedway is not able to attract the riders we would all like to see , so where does that leave us.

Last year I wrote to the BSPA twice regarding new ideas and rule changes and suggestions of an open forum with promoters, sponsors , fans to discuss ways of making the sport more attractive and looking at ways it could compete in a very competitive marketplace , did I get any response ,not one acknowledgement and one wonders why the sport is struggling ..

Burying your head in the sand while waiting for the fateful day to arrive is not the answer , the  sport needs a new focus with people willing to listen and change, its still very much an exciting sport and could attract more followers but not in its current format in my opinion..

For me seeing how hard Matt works is testament for his love of the club on Wednesday following the call off debacle and I was their when it happened you could see the effect it had on him and though I don’t agree with everythinh]g he does I won’t criticise his commitment . 

I love the sport and am proud of my local team I know things at the moment  things are not the best I believe changes will be made but I fear it’s not at club level most changes need to be made ..

Thats a good post young sir. But i think most of us poole fans have said this in the past quite a few times, but we get shot down in flames. Perhaps those who dont believe, ie the  wind up merchants and the ones who want to see us fail will now believe you..

Edited by Starman2006

Interesting that Klindt is getting a Poole race suit made (and looking for sponsors) - did he not get the memo about it being bibs this season at Poole?

43 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO. I repeat that the only way to fully rectify the track issues at Poole is a major overhaul, back to the base, a complete rebuild. I also understand that in the current climate that prevails over speedway as a whole (see Mediman) this is financially impossible. But without a decent (at least) track it is hard to provide the sport of entertainment that we all know speedway can and which would undoubtedly help increase attendances.

We know this Phil, but that costs and we are not just talking labour time.. As i said to you, things will be rectified. But it will not be a bodge job.

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Led to believe that's what Somerset done a few weeks back. They realised if things carried on at the standard at the start of the season, fans wouldn't be coming back. Poole could do with taking a leaf out of their book if they want to keep hold of their fans...... oh and chop Starman's fingers off too, as his postings just keep digging a hole deeper and deeper for Poole and Matt Ford (excuse the pun!)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

We know this Phil, but that costs and we are not just talking labour time.. As i said to you, things will be rectified. But it will not be a bodge job.

No mike it will not cost lots of money , just ask gary may just hard work and knowing what your doing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats a good post young sir. But i think most of us poole fans have said this in the past quite a few times, but we get shot down in flames. Perhaps those who dont believe, ie the  wind up merchants and the ones who want to see us fail will now believe you..

'Young Sir'??  Mediman will love that!! :party::t:

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Interesting that Klindt is getting a Poole race suit made (and looking for sponsors) - did he not get the memo about it being bibs this season at Poole?

Maybe they have run out of bibs! :D

13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Has to be Doc Bridgett- a top track curator and a really nice chap.

I believe he has retired this year due to a health scare. That’s why Glyn is at Wolves as well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe they have run out of bibs! :D

With all the crying and whinging in the Poole area at the moment, I'm not surprised!

• Haha 1