British Speedway Forum

For the GPs doesn't BSI get 'blanket' visas for all riders for all rounds? Or something similar?

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

For the GPs doesn't BSI get 'blanket' visas for all riders for all rounds? Or something similar?

Think  I remember Laguta not getting a visa for Cardiff last time he was in GPs. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Think  I remember Laguta not getting a visa for Cardiff last time he was in GPs. 

Maybe wrong I usually am, but think both laguta bros failed to get visas for wtc one year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Badge said:

Maybe wrong I usually am, but think both laguta bros failed to get visas for wtc one year.

I know one of them did a few years ago

17 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DON'T think it rules him out of Cardiff

Surely the GP and SoN are the same in terms of work permits/visas i.e. 'foreigners working in the UK. So can't see Holder being able to ride in the GP unless he sorts out the 'issues' in the next few weeks ....

13 minutes ago, KrisB said:

Surely the GP and SoN are the same in terms of work permits/visas i.e. 'foreigners working in the UK. So can't see Holder being able to ride in the GP unless he sorts out the 'issues' in the next few weeks ....

NOT sure that working in GB (ie racing for and being paid by Poole) is the same as participating in a World Championship event. 

54 minutes ago, KrisB said:

I was under the impression that visa/work permit applications need to be supported/ sponsored usually but not always by the rider's employer ie in most instances, his club?!

For the SGPs it would be BSI

For the Speedway of Nations it would be either the FIM or the rider's home association.

19 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DON'T think it rules him out of Cardiff

You wouldnt have thought so Phil.

With Vaculik soon to return from injury maybe an option for Poole or if he returns to Leicester we could have Kenny Bjerre possibly.

42 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

With Vaculik soon to return from injury maybe an option for Poole or if he returns to Leicester we could have Kenny Bjerre possibly.

Can't see him coming back to the UK,not this season anyway.But you never know.

Plus assuming Klindt comes back on his average from last season,you would only be able to fit one of those two Vaculik/Bjerre in at the expense of Kurtz.

Edited by tellboy

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Can't see him coming back to the UK,not this season anyway.But you never know.

Plus assuming Klindt comes back on his average from last season,you would only be able to fit one of those two Vaculik/Bjerre in at the expense of Kurtz.

I was thinking more at the expense of Josh G and get a lower average reserve to replace Szczapaniek

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

Dont think for one minute vaculik will ride uk again

IT was only his association with Simon Stead that brought him here in the first place

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT was only his association with Simon Stead that brought him here in the first place

Perhaps he'll come over to commentate with BT then?!:D:party:

NB. Major trackwork being done at Poole today. This is a photo taken from one of the Facebook groups of some hefty equipment.

34811325_10214530594632066_7755203952810917888_n.jpg

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1