British Speedway Forum

Just now, Arthur54 said:

personally I think that's our season over, we are lacking a big hitter at 1, nobody seems too want to race here, lets just ride the season out and look forward to 2019

Seasons not over yet mate..

Wouldn't rule Pirates out just yet , massive admirer of Kurtz , if he and Josh G can show the form 

They're capable of in the 2nd half of the season anything can happen , especially with two strong reserves 

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poole will make the playoffs.

No they won’t.

I think we will make the play offs with the current team and hope someone will want to come over later in the season. We can't win the play offs with this team. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I think we will make the play offs with the current team and hope someone will want to come over later in the season. We can't win the play offs with this team. 

No changes after a certain date though.

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

He must have had it in March,wasn't he at the Poole p&p day.Unless it got taken from him then.

IT wasn't 'taken from him.' He had to include his passport with his visa application and couldn't retrieve it while that process was taking place.

28 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT wasn't 'taken from him.' He had to include his passport with his visa application and couldn't retrieve it while that process was taking place.

Well that clears that up phil

10 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Wouldn't rule Pirates out just yet , massive admirer of Kurtz , if he and Josh G can show the form 

They're capable of in the 2nd half of the season anything can happen , especially with two strong reserves 

What you fancy him?

There is an article in the printed version of today's Bournemouth Echo (not on the online version as yet!!) about the track work that has gone on.

It reads: "Matt Ford believes the Wimborne Road track is back to its best after extensive repair work was carried out. ...Ford admitted material costing thousands of pounds had been placed on the track but that it had not been fit for purpose. And the Poole promoter is hopeful that following repairs, those problems will be a thing of the past.

....We have had to go in different directions to resolve the problem. On Friday (8th June) we had six different people working on the track - both current and ex-track curators had an input. ...The product which we had put on was the same as that used by Somerset and the Isle of Wight and all of us had to take it off. It was just not capable of doing the job. The material just wouldn't bind, it was just like sand.

'I'm very confident the issue has now been resolved".

Its the 12th August, effective on 15th August!!?  (Rule 16.3.4)

Edited by Skidder1

well done to everybody,seems a confident statement,speedway promotions dont need those problems,thing i am totally amazed at skids is that you actually buy the echo lol,or like me do just read the sports pages in the supermarket ???

2 hours ago, Orbiter said:

What you fancy him?

I fancy him to improve 2nd half of season,

thats what you meant .... isn’t it ? 

Edited by WestGorton1884

Still buy it 'cos not everything appears online - habit of a life time - then pass it on to my mother!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1