British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Its the 12th August, effective on 15th August!!?  (Rule 16.3.4)

Ok so plenty of time as long as this team can make the play offs.

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Ok so plenty of time as long as this team can make the play offs.

I thought we aren't making any changes anymore?

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought we aren't making any changes anymore?

That is what is Matt Ford says in the paper but I think he said it for the paper, I would be very surprised if we don't make any more changes between now and August.

Edited by foreverblue

Matt Ford said on BBC Radio Solent this morning (at about 0749 hours) that 'there is still the possibility of one or two more changes'!!

I predict a home defeat tonight....

• Like 1

Cheap shale causing the problems by the sound of it as Somerset have had track problems too.

The higher up the leagues you go the better the track needs to be but expenses cut to pay riders?

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Really. No Ty or MPT. :rolleyes: 

Would not be surprised if Lambert is a bit below par tonight, 6 meetings on the trot must take its toll

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The product which we had put on was the same as that used by Somerset and the Isle of Wight and all of us had to take it off. It was just not capable of doing the job. The material just wouldn't bind, it was just like sand.

This just shows how amateur track preparation still is.  Any semi-competent geotechnical engineer could specify appropriate material and immediately tell if they were supplied with a duff batch.  Just putting it on the track and hoping for the best is pathetic.

It is not a coincidence that the GP temporary tracks got a lot better when BSI engaged professionals in the field for their tracks instead of the old boys network.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

This just shows how amateur track preparation still is.  Any semi-competent geotechnical engineer could specify appropriate material and immediately tell if they were supplied with a duff batch.  Just putting it on the track and hoping for the best is pathetic.

It is not a coincidence that the GP temporary tracks got a lot better when BSI engaged professionals in the field for their tracks instead of the old boys network.

BSI can probably afford it and reuse the shale once a month.

Unfortunutely UK speedway can’t.

Just now, GWC said:

BSI can probably afford it and reuse the shale once a month.

Unfortunutely UK speedway can’t.

There are simple tests to determine whether 'material will bind' without laying it on a track and racing speedway bikes on it.

Having to replace cheap junk material isn't cheaper then getting the right material first time. You don't need a full time engineer on staff.  Just get some basic advice from experts. There are probably fans out there in the industry who would be willing to chip in if asked.

11 hours ago, Mr X said:

Wasn't far out was I !*****(oops) I'll get me coat

16 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Wasn't far out was I !*****(oops) I'll get me coat

Tbf you never know with this team!