British Speedway Forum

I know you guys are struggling at the bottom end but you could do a lot worse than Matej Kus who is on a stupidly low average of around 3.50

5 hours ago, OldRacer said:

There are simple tests to determine whether 'material will bind' without laying it on a track and racing speedway bikes on it.

Having to replace cheap junk material isn't cheaper then getting the right material first time. You don't need a full time engineer on staff.  Just get some basic advice from experts. There are probably fans out there in the industry who would be willing to chip in if asked.

Quite easy, get a handful, if it balls up and stays that way its proper shale, if you ball it up and it falls appart in your hand its not.. proper Rdcshale is the best you can get, it binds and stays that way... hope that helps.

47 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

I know you guys are struggling at the bottom end but you could do a lot worse than Matej Kus who is on a stupidly low average of around 3.50

Are you his agent?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Quite easy, get a handful, if it balls up and stays that way its proper shale, if you ball it up and it falls appart in your hand its not.. proper Rdcshale is the best you can get, it binds and stays that way... hope that helps.

According to Ford, they spread a load of shale onto the track that would have failed such a test. Remarkable.

And there are slightly more sophisticated tests that professionals use to determine composition.  Grabbing a handful should be the first and simplest test, not the be all and end all. It is dangerously sensitive to moisture content rather than composition.

Edited by OldRacer

5 hours ago, GWC said:

Are you his agent?

No but I have met him and found him a very decent chap who has always put England first (unusual nowadays) and I think he is on an absolute bargain average but only for a short while.

7 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

That would be 4 then which is the minimum for any rider aside from those who would meet the criteria to be/have been a 2 pointer

13 hours ago, GWC said:

BSI can probably afford it and reuse the shale once a month.

Unfortunutely UK speedway can’t.

ONCE a month? The material used at temporary tracks like Cardiff is stored and reused the following year. The cost of transportng is massive. I believe the original cost for new material for a track like Cardiff is around £250,000.

6 hours ago, OldRacer said:

According to Ford, they spread a load of shale onto the track that would have failed such a test. Remarkable.

We are not the only track, so please dont just take a swipe at us.. ok.

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That would be 4 then which is the minimum for any rider aside from those who would meet the criteria to be/have been a 2 pointer

I believe he would come on an average of 3.38 but with the BSPA don't count on it.

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

I believe he would come on an average of 3.38 but with the BSPA don't count on it.

The regs are very clear that for any riders not in the category that have or could qualify as a 2 pointer can drop no lower than 4

4 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Just heard from a Sponsor THJ maybe coming in certainly in talks 

Don't think he would improve the team.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Just heard from a Sponsor THJ maybe coming in certainly in talks 

Don't need anyone at Poole at the moment thanks 

• Like 2

Bet Sundstrom not a happy bunny today.

Just read that Vaculik returns to Gorzow on Sunday and replaces Sundstrom.

Bearing in mind there are only 8 teams each of 7 riders, the fact he sits 42nd in the av tells its own story. Was similar in the 6 matches or so he rode late last season where he was down on a similar av. His 4 ride av is 4.27. The guy has been less than impressive and although some say a but unlucky in some rides, the stats don't lie. Only one win in 32 rides and 8 seconds. Not going to find it easy to get in again with the other riders they have. He can only get one of 5 slots with the 2 POL junior rule. Ok maybe as a number 8 picking up odd rides if others fail to impress but not named in the  squad for this coming Sunday. Anyway if he scores like he did last night for Poole who cares. 

Suppose he can concentrate more on Poole and his 2 Swedish teams. Not sure how it will affect him financially as he is part of the squad but no doubt a blow as no points - no money. Similar situation with Spaniak who was dropped for some matches by Rybnik. With Bewley also riding for the first time in their last match and getting a paid max sure won't help Spaniak's situation. Currently he only rides for Poole as in no SWE or DK team.

7 hours ago, Starman2006 said:
13 hours ago, OldRacer said:

We are not the only track, so please dont just take a swipe at us.. ok.

According to Ford, Poole, Somerset and IOW spread a load of shale onto their tracks that would have failed such a test. Remarkable.

Happy now?