British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

THJ didn't do that well for KL last season when he came in.

Don't want him at Poole I'm would think you don't either 

With Holder not riding this season - does that not mean he has to have a year out before re-applying for a visa - which is what I think happens with other Aussies.  So it will be 2020 before he can ride here again?  

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

With Holder not riding this season - does that not mean he has to have a year out before re-applying for a visa - which is what I think happens with other Aussies.  So it will be 2020 before he can ride here again?  

Who's asking. Not bothered, but if true Poole might get him on a reduced ave of 6 :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Don't want him at Poole I'm would think you don't either 

He was good when he last rode for Poole but that was many years ago and he isn't the rider he was and would not improve the team.

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

He won't be back next year apparently so maybe some truth in what your saying 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orbiter said:

He won't be back next year apparently so maybe some truth in what your saying 

A few of us did say ages ago but no effer believed us.

14 hours ago, Steve0 said:

By next month (july 2018) he will have been out for a year anyway!!

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, Skidder1 said:

There is an article in the printed version of today's Bournemouth Echo (not on the online version as yet!!) about the track work that has gone on.

It reads: "Matt Ford believes the Wimborne Road track is back to its best after extensive repair work was carried out. ...Ford admitted material costing thousands of pounds had been placed on the track but that it had not been fit for purpose. And the Poole promoter is hopeful that following repairs, those problems will be a thing of the past.

....We have had to go in different directions to resolve the problem. On Friday (8th June) we had six different people working on the track - both current and ex-track curators had an input. ...The product which we had put on was the same as that used by Somerset and the Isle of Wight and all of us had to take it off. It was just not capable of doing the job. The material just wouldn't bind, it was just like sand.

'I'm very confident the issue has now been resolved".

so he sacked the guy who had to work with material 'not fit for purpose'???? Jesus, glad he's not my employer...:mad:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

By next month (july 2018) he will have been out for a year anyway!!

Yes - but he was serving a ban!!

16 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Other ‘Aussies’  haven’t been in the aggro  he has. I’d be astonished if he ever got a work visa here again. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Other ‘Aussies’  haven’t been in the aggro  he has. I’d be astonished if he ever got a work visa here again. 

Indeed would not be surprised.

Hopefully (and if UK Speedway is going to retain its current format in 2019), Matt Ford can plan his team for next year without all the added drama Holder has brought to the sport over 2017 & 18. This drama which many don't know the serious and full reason behind it, can be put behind Poole who can plan a side without him for next year. Matt has tried to help all he can but ultimately he has a Speedway Club to run which has been damaged by this saga amongst all the other drama's of this season.

Matt has the nucleus of a decent side as Brady Kurtz will improve once he adapts to riding  regular in POL/SWE/UK. Many forget he is still only 21 and this season is a massive learning curve for him without all the added pressures put on him by so many under achieving in the team and the lack of a proper recognised heat leader. His form has been as I expected it with ups and downs plus he still needs to mature mentally as has let himself down in some important races and finals. Also lets not compare him to Nick Morris. Nick is 3 years older but importantly he is in his 9th season in UK where Brady is in his 5th so 4 seasons less.

Still think Matt needs another decent new rider for 2019 to go alongside the likes of Kurtz & Woryna. He was gushing of Rob Lambert the other day (and rightly so as he has stepped up big time this season). Would be interesting if he could get someone to help sponsor the finance to purchase him as an asset as plenty of noises being made about him maybe needing a change of scenery in UK IF he chooses to ride UK next year that is. Will have no problem getting team places in POL EXL next season if he carries on as is as well as SWE and DK if he wants to give up UK for a less punishing schedule. For sure a full contract with a POL EXL Club would see to that just as it does with so many of the top riders.

The other thing is does Lambert live in UK now. I thought I saw somewhere he was living in Germany with his GF who is from overseas which in a way places less reliance maybe on UK. Although perhaps UK can give him both decent sponsorship - regular racing and perhaps what he  earns would go some way to cover all his travelling  expenses between the various Countries. UK may not be the big earner but sure comes in useful for the expenses a rider has around Europe ?? If he doesnt live in UK then I am sure Matt or Middlo would sort out accommodation when needed if he doesnt want to keep going to Norfolk to stay with mum ??.

Anyway just a thought.

Sundstrom would still concern me going forward. He has finally found some form but in both POL/SWE top leagues his form has been poor this season. I need convincing he can perform to Wed night level more consistently to be honest.

Plenty still to fight for this season but have this gut feeling we will lose out not having a real recognised number one when it matters. One match against a KL side missing half decent riders - a not fully fit or on form NKI and young Rob finally running out of steam in his last 2 rides after a manic week doesnt mean Poole are out of the woods yet. Remember them beating BV in that first home meeting against a weakened side glossed over some of the issues.

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Indeed would not be surprised.

Hopefully (and if UK Speedway is going to retain its current format in 2019), Matt Ford can plan his team for next year without all the added drama Holder has brought to the sport over 2017 & 18. This drama which many don't know the serious and full reason behind it, can be put behind Poole who can plan a side without him for next year. Matt has tried to help all he can but ultimately he has a Speedway Club to run which has been damaged by this saga amongst all the other drama's of this season.

Matt has the nucleus of a decent side as Brady Kurtz will improve once he adapts to riding  regular in POL/SWE/UK. Many forget he is still only 21 and this season is a massive learning curve for him without all the added pressures put on him by so many under achieving in the team and the lack of a proper recognised heat leader. His form has been as I expected it with ups and downs plus he still needs to mature mentally as has let himself down in some important races and finals. Also lets not compare him to Nick Morris. Nick is 3 years older but importantly he is in his 9th season in UK where Brady is in his 5th so 4 seasons less.

Still think Matt needs another decent new rider for 2019 to go alongside the likes of Kurtz & Woryna. He was gushing of Rob Lambert the other day (and rightly so as he has stepped up big time this season). Would be interesting if he could get someone to help sponsor the finance to purchase him as an asset as plenty of noises being made about him maybe needing a change of scenery in UK IF he chooses to ride UK next year that is. Will have no problem getting team places in POL EXL next season if he carries on as is as well as SWE and DK if he wants to give up UK for a less punishing schedule. For sure a full contract with a POL EXL Club would see to that just as it does with so many of the top riders.

The other thing is does Lambert live in UK now. I thought I saw somewhere he was living in Germany with his GF who is from overseas which in a way places less reliance maybe on UK. Although perhaps UK can give him both decent sponsorship - regular racing and perhaps what he  earns would go some way to cover all his travelling  expenses between the various Countries. UK may not be the big earner but sure comes in useful for the expenses a rider has around Europe ?? If he doesnt live in UK then I am sure Matt or Middlo would sort out accommodation when needed if he doesnt want to keep going to Norfolk to stay with mum ??.

Anyway just a thought.

Sundstrom would still concern me going forward. He has finally found some form but in both POL/SWE top leagues his form has been poor this season. I need convincing he can perform to Wed night level more consistently to be honest.

Plenty still to fight for this season but have this gut feeling we will lose out not having a real recognised number one when it matters. One match against a KL side missing half decent riders - a not fully fit or on form NKI and young Rob finally running out of steam in his last 2 rides after a manic week doesnt mean Poole are out of the woods yet. Remember them beating BV in that first home meeting against a weakened side glossed over some of the issues.

You can only beat whats in front of you mate. I told everybody who would listen to give Sunstrom time, now he's slowly starting to find it, if you watch ht one again you will see he roared off into the distance, find that sort of form on a regular basis and you have those extra points, that we are looking for, Ritchie Worrell is the same,then Matt can shuffle the side accordingly.
His form abroad is the same concern as it was  here, when he has the right machinery he's a class act, and he will get it right there as well. and with the aditional help that mr Smith of Bournemouth bedding has given him towards the engines  things should continue on an upward curve.
Chris has been through hell in the last few years, some documented and some will not be, some he's  maybe brought on himself and some out of his control, as a big fan of his, i will still support him from afar, Chris would still be a massive player for us, but sadly maybe not this season. Make no bones, this side has a lot of potential and it only has to string 2-3 results together and the rest of the league will be shaking. But everybody to there own, and i really couldnt give a monkeys what the  merchants say on here they just talk from there keyboards, i saw enough weds to convince me we will still make the play off's. Weds the boys started to relax talk act as a TEAM, even Josh was doing his bit, even made a tongue in cheek quip when he came back in the pits after ht 11 i think it was, which everybody saw the funny side and we saw what the team could do, they are all good riders, who will hopefully grow in confidence off the  back of Weds, the track will improve, believe me it has now got two weeks to bed in properly,  the lads will have the dust under control, and most, of the junk has come off.
Everybody knows, you come to poole there is presure, but, after weds they will all grow in confidence, and when that happens the presure will come off. knowing they can, do a job.
As for Lambert riding for poole, difficult to say, who's to say he wont skip the uk altogether next season, but if he doesnt, and im very sure he wont be at Lynn next season, im sure that Matt could well look at him as that out and out No one. Brady still has a big future with Poole, and Woryna will grow in confidence at reserve, but lets keep the talk of next season, we still have plenty to race for this season..;)

Edited by Starman2006

4 hours ago, dump that clutch said:

so he sacked the guy who had to work with material 'not fit for purpose'???? Jesus, glad he's not my employer...:mad:

Who do you think ordered the material? Track men tell track owners when they need more material and what they want. I doubt many promoters know how to prepare a track or what material to put on it. 

Who has Ford brought in now?