British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Wee Eck said:

Who do you think ordered the material? Track men tell track owners when they need more material and what they want. I doubt many promoters know how to prepare a track or what material to put on it. 

Who has Ford brought in now?

Keep up mate. Stewart Dickson from Glasgow, and local people who are knowledgable track men. Plus an ex track curator, 3 of them are ex riders so they know whats required As i said, we were not the only track to take on that stuff, i wouldnt call it shale, so those clubs were also in the same boat. others have either taken it off or not used it, we have taken best part of it off, you will never get it all off unless you completely strip the track bare.  The boys have done a good job, with the resorces they had,  and they will continue to monitor the situation and act accordingly. You do need the proper stuff, otherwise it just does not bind properly and if you get heavy rain it will go straight through.. Ask any curator worth his salt, and they will tell you the same thing.

2 minutes ago, poole keith said:

think starman has found a ghostwriter,his last post was certainly not his usual style

Nope, its all mine. and my views only.

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Keep up mate. Stewart Dickson from Glasgow, and local people who are knowledgable track men. Plus an ex track curator, 3 of them are ex riders so they know whats required As i said, we were not the only track to take on that stuff, i wouldnt call it shale, so those clubs were also in the same boat. others have either taken it off or not used it, we have taken best part of it off, you will never get it all off unless you completely strip the track bare.  The boys have done a good job, with the resorces they had,  and they will continue to monitor the situation and act accordingly. You do need the proper stuff, otherwise it just does not bind properly and if you get heavy rain it will go straight through.. Ask any curator worth his salt, and they will tell you the same thing.

You sound like you knew all this before your old mate Glyn got the chop. Dont remember you mentioning it at the time tho.

Anyway, hope they get it sorted.

8 minutes ago, poole keith said:

think starman has found a ghostwriter,his last post was certainly not his usual style

Starman is always willing to engage with those who post sensible comment/speedway discussion.

He is a through and through Poole man where I live miles away in Chelmford, Essex so only get a chance of limited support. Doesnt stop my love of Poole or the sport in general though.

Starman will always try and find time to make sensible comment to people who post sensible and discussable Speedway content. Like me he doesnt want to  engage with those who use the forum only to have a dig for the sake of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Nope, its all mine. and my views only.

Been called a Ghostwriter. That's a first.

Always happy to engage in good Speedway discussion and share opinions even if we will not always agree on certain points. What the forum is all about ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

You can only beat whats in front of you mate. I told everybody who would listen to give Sunstrom time, now he's slowly starting to find it, if you watch ht one again you will see he roared off into the distance, find that sort of form on a regular basis and you have those extra points, that we are looking for, Ritchie Worrell is the same,then Matt can shuffle the side accordingly.
His form abroad is the same concern as it was  here, when he has the right machinery he's a class act, and he will get it right there as well. and with the aditional help that mr Smith of Bournemouth bedding has given him towards the engines  things should continue on an upward curve.
Chris has been through hell in the last few years, some documented and some will not be, some he's  maybe brought on himself and some out of his control, as a big fan of his, i will still support him from afar, Chris would still be a massive player for us, but sadly maybe not this season. Make no bones, this side has a lot of potential and it only has to string 2-3 results together and the rest of the league will be shaking. But everybody to there own, and i really couldnt give a monkeys what the  merchants say on here they just talk from there keyboards, i saw enough weds to convince me we will still make the play off's. Weds the boys started to relax talk act as a TEAM, even Josh was doing his bit, even made a tongue in cheek quip when he came back in the pits after ht 11 i think it was, which everybody saw the funny side and we saw what the team could do, they are all good riders, who will hopefully grow in confidence off the  back of Weds, the track will improve, believe me it has now got two weeks to bed in properly,  the lads will have the dust under control, and most, of the junk has come off.
Everybody knows, you come to poole there is presure, but, after weds they will all grow in confidence, and when that happens the presure will come off. knowing they can, do a job.
As for Lambert riding for poole, difficult to say, who's to say he wont skip the uk altogether next season, but if he doesnt, and im very sure he wont be at Lynn next season, im sure that Matt could well look at him as that out and out No one. Brady still has a big future with Poole, and Woryna will grow in confidence at reserve, but lets keep the talk of next season, we still have plenty to race for this season..;)

Sundstrom always had the ability as shown several years ago when he turned over the turbo twins in one race at Poole so its always been there.

Just feel that he has not pushed on as one would expect. Really had it all to be the next best Swede after Lindgren & Jonsson but hasnt quite got there. Yet that is.

Ultimately POL/SWE form means nothing as its what he does here that will be what he is judged on. Wasnt aware of the new help he has (you are closer to the pits talk and gossip then I can ever be). Hope he does keep up his recent UK form as he can gate but needs to be consistent. On his day he is VERY good.

Josh is a good steady team man who may fall just short on being a heat leader but he has been good for Poole over the years and hopefully will be that Mr Steady we need just like all teams need one. Plenty of experience and good to help bring younger riders along. An Aussie in effect with no baggage :D

Our wins dont have to be massive wins. Any win good enough for me although with a much tighter top 4 situation we don't want to hand too many BP away to teams around us. Could be important in that final calculation come season end. Still plenty to play for as many of the teams seem capable of beating each other week in and week out. Just want us to stay in the mix.

5 hours ago, dump that clutch said:

so he sacked the guy who had to work with material 'not fit for purpose'???? Jesus, glad he's not my employer...:mad:

yeah what an arsehole isn't he 

27 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Sundstrom always had the ability as shown several years ago when he turned over the turbo twins in one race at Poole so its always been there.

Just feel that he has not pushed on as one would expect. Really had it all to be the next best Swede after Lindgren & Jonsson but hasnt quite got there. Yet that is.

Ultimately POL/SWE form means nothing as its what he does here that will be what he is judged on. Wasnt aware of the new help he has (you are closer to the pits talk and gossip then I can ever be). Hope he does keep up his recent UK form as he can gate but needs to be consistent. On his day he is VERY good.

Josh is a good steady team man who may fall just short on being a heat leader but he has been good for Poole over the years and hopefully will be that Mr Steady we need just like all teams need one. Plenty of experience and good to help bring younger riders along. An Aussie in effect with no baggage :D

Our wins dont have to be massive wins. Any win good enough for me although with a much tighter top 4 situation we don't want to hand too many BP away to teams around us. Could be important in that final calculation come season end. Still plenty to play for as many of the teams seem capable of beating each other week in and week out. Just want us to stay in the mix.

Yup, Josh is a better rider than he's been showing,  just watch the final in 0-15 for example. That said, his points scoring is about what it should be, 789. per meeting. I just feel with him he's a little bit laid back, a little like Leigh Adams was but he was a far better rider as we all know. Sometimes i feel that Josh is not agressive enough, and could improve further if he became that little more aggressive. I was impressed with his attitude on Weds.
Yup as you rightly say, Linus could have been one of the top Sweds, but for one reason or another he's not gone on,  but if he keeps doing what he's doing for us now we will all be happy.
Yup a wins a win, no matter by how many, and i think providing  they all stay sound there's a lot more to come.  when, we make the play off's, then it becomes a different kettle of fish, but as you know, the club know how to win...

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

You sound like you knew all this before your old mate Glyn got the chop. Dont remember you mentioning it at the time tho.

Anyway, hope they get it sorted.

Nope this all came to light later. You cannot take it up once its down you can but would cost a club a fortune to take best part of it up and re-lay the track, ask the other clubs who did the same thing. Nobody at club levels fault. I dont know anything re Glyns departure and whatever his reason im sure he wont put it on here. . When we had that heavy downpour on that tuesday night Glyn did his best to turn the track round.
But as i said, and im sure any track curator will back it up, proper red shale will hold the water and soak it up so you can turn it over and eventually it will dry out. providing you also have a drying wind.  sadly this stuff didnt  and for some reason went right the way through.  You learn all the time, and hopefully things are well on there way to being rectified.

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Nope this all came to light later. You cannot take it up once its down you can but would cost a club a fortune to take best part of it up and re-lay the track, ask the other clubs who did the same thing. Nobody at club levels fault. I dont know anything re Glyns departure and whatever his reason im sure he wont put it on here. . When we had that heavy downpour on that tuesday night Glyn did his best to turn the track round.
But as i said, and im sure any track curator will back it up, proper red shale will hold the water and soak it up so you can turn it over and eventually it will dry out. providing you also have a drying wind.  sadly this stuff didnt  and for some reason went right the way through.  You learn all the time, and hopefully things are well on there way to being rectified.

So the material that was obviously garbage and that one could easily see wouldn't bind was laid anyway by knowledgable track men? Nobody at fault? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

So the material that was obviously garbage and that one could easily see wouldn't bind was laid anyway by knowledgable track men? Nobody at fault? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Nobody, could see it untill you put it down. Ok.

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Nobody, could see it untill you put it down. Ok.

Perhaps no one knew what to look for, but someone with knowledge of geotechnical materials could have seen it easily. Which was my original point about the state of British track preparation.  It's done the way it has always been done (at best) and has not moved on in line with current expert knowledge in the field.

Edit. Not a dig at Poole and their track but a comment on the whole sport.

Edited by OldRacer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

Perhaps no one knew what to look for, but someone with knowledge of geotechnical materials could have seen it easily. Which was my original point about the state of British track preparation.  It's done the way it has always been done (at best) and has not moved on in line with current expert knowledge in the field.

Edit. Not a dig at Poole and their track but a comment on the whole sport.

Thats fine. But if its not a dig at poole you need to make that clear in your first post. thats the way it came across.

17 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

A few of us did say ages ago but no effer believed us.

It’s not a question of believing you. The few posted as you say but if you can’t (legally or otherwise) back it up with detail it just creates rumours and assumptions. “You will not believe what I have heard!” “What?” “Can’t say!”.  Thus creating the effer’s.