British Speedway Forum

I see that Poole's next 3 meetings are away to BV in Prem - home to Somerset in KO Cup flwd by home to BV in Prem.

I expect us to go out of the KO Cup over the 2 legs - Doubt we will get anything at BV with Garrity having proved a decent signing over last week or so and Poole could well bomb out in the home fixture.

Come 2 weeks time Poole could be out of the cup and possibly be bottom or 2nd bottom of the league with no real hope of making the play offs.

Not scaremongering just a reality check on what is Poole's nightmare 2018 season.

Can't believe all the positive spin being put out by the club in the media etc as if last nights performance was good. One report plus Steve Shovlar made it clear that Somerset were on 2 5-1's when poor Jake Allen was unlucky to get a puncture in one and hit a large rut in another which forced him out. Both times he was ahead of our so called Star riders.

Bottom line is we lost by 6 which should have been more. Thank God Woryna has finally started showing the potential his POL Form should be showing. Too many others are letting the side down. Kurtz seems to be struggling to adapt to racing in  3 Countries and his form is going backwards. Graz - Seems he is suffering with 2 Countries but amazing how far back he has gone this season. In 2018 he has gone from a 7 plus to a 5 plus after last nights poor effort.

Too many in and out performances and for me can see it continuing that way for rest of this season. Have seen nothing to suggest this team will get anywhere near play offs and even Ford at some stage will realise his attempts at positive spin in the media won't pay off. How long before he fires last years comment that many of this current team wont be in next years line up.

At least he wont have any conflicts with Kurtz on getting an 8 point plus man for next season. Having said that IF anyone wants to come and IF he can afford him which must be big doubts on both points. Kurtz could be on a bargain av for next season at this rate. The again maybe not unless he gets his backside into gear.

Assuming there is a next year as none of us know where British Speedway is going in the Prem in its current format with falling crowds and little money coming from outside.

Nice to see jack holder and Hans doing well this season what does that tell you about our club not a lot by the looks of it ?

If Jack Holder behaved better then he would still be at Poole, so that one is on him. I think most of us realised before the season started that letting go of Hans was going to be a mistake. Oh well you live and learn! 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If Jack Holder behaved better then he would still be at Poole, so that one is on him. I think most of us realised before the season started that letting go of Hans was going to be a mistake. Oh well you live and learn! 

That's if Jack had wanted to be at Poole tbh it's not a given. 

• Like 3

Jack holder brought being booted out of Poole on himself, the same as Wright at Somerset. He most certainly wanted and expected to stay and was in disbelief when Matt Ford phoned him to tell him he wasn’t in his plans. Yoy reap what you sew. In fact knowing how he behaved he would have had his sorry ass sacked way before the end of the season if I was the owner. 

As for Hans, he was riding like a journeyman last season and not leading from the front. Seemed happy to settle for the points he had coming off the second bend and it was time to try someone else.  Sundstom is now riding well and that’s not our issue. Josh G is riding like a reserve. That’s our problem. And unable to bring in CH has put a huge burden on Kurtz which he struggles to deal with at times due to lack of experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jack holder brought being booted out of Poole on himself, the same as Wright at Somerset. He most certainly wanted and expected to stay and was in disbelief when Matt Ford phoned him to tell him he wasn’t in his plans. Yoy reap what you sew. In fact knowing how he behaved he would have had his sorry ass sacked way before the end of the season if I was the owner. 

As for Hans, he was riding like a journeyman last season and not leading from the front. Seemed happy to settle for the points he had coming off the second bend and it was time to try someone else.  Sundstom is now riding well and that’s not our issue. Josh G is riding like a reserve. That’s our problem. And unable to bring in CH has put a huge burden on Kurtz which he struggles to deal with at times due to lack of experience. 

Josh is a far better rider than he's showing Steve, you only have to watch the 0-15 final to see that.. for him to be so inconsistant is just not him, perhaps Matt needs to have a quiet private, face to face chat with him, to bring any issues to light. Brady i would think is still carrying that Ankle injury from last week, but if you dont ride you dont get paid.
In Poland its a little different, they seem to have a hold of there riders, but in this country perhaps Brady feels he is letting the side down by not riding wheres perhaps Matt should book a guest. I said in the Winter in Hospital when Woryna did a big write up in the star brought in by Matts lovely wife this Woryna is class he talks with a lot of confidence and he is now showing what he can do, i think the main body of the side was to much for him, at the time.
When Matt was in negotiations with Sunstrom, the amount of people knocking the signing was unbelievable,  I was saying please sign Linus, please sign. Again when he came in and started by scoring poorly, people had the knives out, i said give the bloke a chance, now he's stated to show why Matt brought him in.
We are missing a link Steve, and we need to find it dam quickly, otherwise we will, miss the boat.

Edited by Starman2006

I agree that Grazonek needs a face to face with Matt Ford. So he can be given his marching orders. Been crap all year with no signs of improvement. Had all the time needed to sort himself. No more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I agree that Grazonek needs a face to face with Matt Ford. So he can be given his marching orders. Been crap all year with no signs of improvement. Had all the time needed to sort himself. No more.

No i wouldnt say he's been crap all year Steve some of his scores are what you would expect from him, just very inconsistant and i do feel a face to face private behind closed doors chat with Matt should open things up should he have issues.

Edited by Starman2006

Reading the above comments. I agree with most that has been said. Even Shovlar's

It comes down to one man and one man only....................MIDDLEDITCH. 

Coincidence that when those riders mentioned above left the club they kicked on but they was hit and miss for us.

Now we have a new team this year and these riders aren't performing either apart from 1 or two.

All under Middlo's management. Needs to go. You cant tell me Matt has put together poor teams the last few years because he hasn't. 

Bottom line is hardly any riders have performed like they can all under 1 man's guidance. 

Middlo is the problem. Any other club Grajczonek would have got sacked or would have been given a warning. Yet Middleditch want's to defend the guy in the Bournemouth Echo for being atrocious. 

He can't get the best out of Brady Kurtz, Hans Andersen, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Jack Holder, Adam Ellis, Josh Grajczonek and many others.

Like I said last night when Middleditch was successful he managing teams with 2/3 World Class riders in them. Since those times he has done nothing.

Get the ex Glasgow manager in charge and start a new era. All good things must come to an end at some point and now it's time for Middlo to leave.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Even though I agree.........It's far too late now. I told you this ages ago. We are finishing bottom unless Matt can get Janowski in or a rider of a similar standard.

We get rid of Grajczonek but we still have a lot  more problems in the side.

Brady Kurtz is a problem. He's not a No.1 and is unreliable in big Heats.

Mat Szczepaniak is no good period. 

Richie Worrall is having to ride at No.3/No.5 when he is a 2nd string who should be riding at No.2/No.4

Best to forget about this season Steve because it's only going to get worse.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Can we have Josh to replace Bellego please?

If it was up to me then I would accept your offer. At least Bellego puts in a good performance now and then.

10 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

If it was up to me then I would accept your offer. At least Bellego puts in a good performance now and then.

Why don’t you bring Poolepiratesfanatic into your conversation too?  You never know you might all disagree!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Reading the above comments. I agree with most that has been said. Even Shovlar's

It comes down to one man and one man only....................MIDDLEDITCH. 

Coincidence that when those riders mentioned above left the club they kicked on but they was hit and miss for us.

Now we have a new team this year and these riders aren't performing either apart from 1 or two.

All under Middlo's management. Needs to go. You cant tell me Matt has put together poor teams the last few years because he hasn't. 

Bottom line is hardly any riders have performed like they can all under 1 man's guidance. 

Middlo is the problem. Any other club Grajczonek would have got sacked or would have been given a warning. Yet Middleditch want's to defend the guy in the Bournemouth Echo for being atrocious. 

He can't get the best out of Brady Kurtz, Hans Andersen, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Jack Holder, Adam Ellis, Josh Grajczonek and many others.

Like I said last night when Middleditch was successful he managing teams with 2/3 World Class riders in them. Since those times he has done nothing.

Get the ex Glasgow manager in charge and start a new era. All good things must come to an end at some point and now it's time for Middlo to leave.

Sorry mate. Short and sweet. Neil is not the problem Neil is a very good team manager, once they leave the pits it is out of Neils hands anything can happen in the race, you should know that., As ive said before, once a trainer gives a jock instructions in the parade ring once that horse leave the parade ring it is out of the trainers hands. And in  a 20 runner h'Cap you can get stopped in your run that will not be planned . The riders get paid by poole to ride. No scores no pay.