British Speedway Forum

59 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

. The riders get paid by poole to ride. No scores no pay.

Not all riders only get paid for points.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

No i wouldnt say he's been crap all year Steve some of his scores are what you would expect from him, just very inconsistant and i do feel a face to face private behind closed doors chat with Matt should open things up should he have issues.

He has had very few half decent meetings and only then against weak teams. He has to go.

1 hour ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Why don’t you bring Poolepiratesfanatic into your conversation too?  You never know you might all disagree!!

Unlikely!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

He has had very few half decent meetings and only then against weak teams. He has to go.

Only beat whats in front of you, same applied last night..

11 minutes ago, OFMiles said:

bring in wright for Josh

Yep they can swap teams. :lol:

Not sure Wright is any better than Grazonek though.

25 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Only beat whats in front of you, same applied last night..

He isn’t beating what is in front of him. Nearly all riders are in front of him!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep they can swap teams. :lol:

Not sure Wright is any better than Grazonek though.

I think he is!!

Changes afoot - will surprise a few!!!! :rolleyes:;):t:

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

There you go Skidder. You are throwing us some scraps again to tease us ;).

I always take on board comments you release as you are normally close to hearing whats going on locally :)

One thing I didnt factor in to an earlier post about where we might sit after 5th July is the fact that as it stands on the rolling GSA Av, come the next GSA's we could see Klindt and Woryna switch with Klindt going into  reserve. Certainly makes us weaker than having Woryna in there. According to Poole site the stats show as of today with the rolling av Woryna is on 6.15 and Klindt on 5.73. We should not be surprised as at the very start of the season I was so hoping that Woryna would be our first  reserve where he would have had it easier while trying to get his set up right and get used to our UK tracks again. Unfortunately Matt thought better by going for a so called strength in depth team with the mighty Spaniak coming in. 

For sure irrespective of what the GSA's showed on Spaniak from many seasons ago, Matt seriously thought that based on his POL Nice League form of 2017 where he was top of the rider league rankings and his reasonably decent SEC form, he would probably be on at least 6.5 to 7 per meeting in UK after a few matches to bed in. That's my opinion on it. He was never signed to be a 4.5 to 5 point guy as IMO Matt would never have undertaken the expense.

There are a whole host of reasons for the problems this season in the team which could fill pages. Starting with the Holder issue even before we started. The bottom line is the riders on the track for one reason or another have not performed. I honestly don't believe Holder would have made too much difference anyway as he is back scoring not much different to last season. His best days are behind him and if he is not careful he will be out on his ar** in Torun as well as they continue to under perform as a team with him being one of the culprits.

We keep saying plenty to still play for but to me it will take a Herculean effort from whatever team to get anywhere near the top 4. It seems whoever we put in the team - you get one or two perform and other key members not.

Josh is not a bad rider overnight but you have to admit the timing with him culling the Champ for constant commuting back and forth to POL for both training and not even guaranteed matches is'nt without coincidence. Have never thought he would go to the top even though Matt said some seasons ago he saw him as a possible GP rider. Well you know Matt puts possible spin on as much as he can when it comes to the press/Echo. However we was always for me a steady 6.5 to 7.5 rider. Now he is nearer 5.5 he has been going that badly this season.

Notice you say CHANGES afoot. Indicates maybe more than one. Wouldnt surprise me to see Wright as one of them being an asset wont cost him anything.

I remain to be convinced. Maybe the odd rumour about MJ Jepsen has gathered some pace as he seems to have rediscovered the form he promised some years ago. Doing well in POL & SWE but who knows.

I await with eager interest ;)

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

There you go Skidder. You are throwing us some scraps again to tease us ;).

I always take on board comments you release as you are normally close to hearing whats going on locally :)

One thing I didnt factor in to an earlier post about where we might sit after 5th July is the fact that as it stands on the rolling GSA Av, come the next GSA's we could see Klindt and Woryna switch with Klindt going into  reserve. Certainly makes us weaker than having Woryna in there. According to Poole site the stats show as of today with the rolling av Woryna is on 6.15 and Klindt on 5.73. We should not be surprised as at the very start of the season I was so hoping that Woryna would be our first  reserve where he would have had it easier while trying to get his set up right and get used to our UK tracks again. Unfortunately Matt thought better by going for a so called strength in depth team with the mighty Spaniak coming in. 

For sure irrespective of what the GSA's showed on Spaniak from many seasons ago, Matt seriously thought that based on his POL Nice League form of 2017 where he was top of the rider league rankings and his reasonably decent SEC form, he would probably be on at least 6.5 to 7 per meeting in UK after a few matches to bed in. That's my opinion on it. He was never signed to be a 4.5 to 5 point guy as IMO Matt would never have undertaken the expense.

There are a whole host of reasons for the problems this season in the team which could fill pages. Starting with the Holder issue even before we started. The bottom line is the riders on the track for one reason or another have not performed. I honestly don't believe Holder would have made too much difference anyway as he is back scoring not much different to last season. His best days are behind him and if he is not careful he will be out on his ar** in Torun as well as they continue to under perform as a team with him being one of the culprits.

We keep saying plenty to still play for but to me it will take a Herculean effort from whatever team to get anywhere near the top 4. It seems whoever we put in the team - you get one or two perform and other key members not.

Josh is not a bad rider overnight but you have to admit the timing with him culling the Champ for constant commuting back and forth to POL for both training and not even guaranteed matches is'nt without coincidence. Have never thought he would go to the top even though Matt said some seasons ago he saw him as a possible GP rider. Well you know Matt puts possible spin on as much as he can when it comes to the press/Echo. However we was always for me a steady 6.5 to 7.5 rider. Now he is nearer 5.5 he has been going that badly this season.

Notice you say CHANGES afoot. Indicates maybe more than one. Wouldnt surprise me to see Wright as one of them being an asset wont cost him anything.

I remain to be convinced. Maybe the odd rumour about MJ Jepsen has gathered some pace as he seems to have rediscovered the form he promised some years ago. Doing well in POL & SWE but who knows.

I await with eager interest ;)

Nope good riders do not  become bad riders over night without a reason. But for whatever the reason Josh has not perfomed as we expected him to.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He isn’t beating what is in front of him. Nearly all riders are in front of him!

As i said, some of his scores have been what we would expect of him, but for whatever reason he's not been as consistant as he nor us would expect.

3 hours ago, Badge said:

Not all riders only get paid for points.

Nope they dont, but if you dont ride you dont get points money or posible start money.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

How many chances does Matt need to put the right team together?  All the raving pre-season about the starting 7 and it’s still not right!