British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well MMF was thinking it a soon as the news came on the forum.

Does Ford have a love child..

MFF isn't even a Poole fan.

I would have thought Matt would replace szczepaniak after Wednesday night performance with double up rider from the championship . Not sure what points there are to play though still I suppose there still time to do that ? 

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

I would have thought Matt would replace szczepaniak after Wednesday night performance with double up rider from the championship . Not sure what points there are to play though still I suppose there still time to do that ? 

Based on Spaniak's new GSA wef 1/7 its 4.77 or on a 1.3 conversion he has 6.2 for a Champ rider.

Scrolling through the latest SGB team declaration GSA's effective july, the only rider who I can come up with who has shown some decent recent form is Mason Campton a 24 year Aussie who I got a chance to see at my local track Lakeside recently where he scored 10 from 5 incl one last place. Was easily their best rider by far and better on the night than Klindt & Bewley.

Only came back from injury for first time this season I think end of May checking Workingson results and has done fairly well. Can't be any worse than Spaniak on UK form. Nobody else stands out around that mark in Champ.

Unless Matt has another young Johnny Foreigner agreed at a GSA below 5 with no UK experience ??? Does he need the expense of an untried young rider even if done kind of ok abroad.

Also Matt cannot change Josh G for Charles Wright as Josh starts July on 6.12 and Wright is on 6.19. Additionally if Matt tries a team redeclaration he looks stumped to me as team start July on 42.97 and need to redeclare within 42.5 (I think).

It is suggested that Stefan Neilsen (3.67) is only a couple of weeks away from a return to action after his leg injury????  Bit of a risk but it would save 1.10 against Mateusz average (4.77) and give Matt a smidgeon more to play with if looking at replacing another!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It is suggested that Stefan Neilsen (3.67) is only a couple of weeks away from a return to action after his leg injury????  Bit of a risk but it would save 1.10 against Mateusz average (4.77) and give Matt a smidgeon more to play with if looking at replacing another!

Got to be worth a shout at this stage of the season ?

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

And thats before you look at Josh ..;)

Edited by Starman2006

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Wasn't he replaced? - in which case he is not supposed to be allowed back in the side this season. :confused:

9 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Wasn't he replaced? - in which case he is not supposed to be allowed back in the side this season. :confused:

Point me in the direction of the rule that says that?!  Injured riders can come back when fit again.

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Point me in the direction of the rule that says that?!  Injured riders can come back when fit again.

Ignore it mate, they make it up as they go along.

Now Newman dropped by Leicester, could he come into the equation? 

Putting wooden spoon down now!;)

6 minutes ago, BobC said:

Don't see how at the moment - he's injured and his average is 5.23. Not sure who he would replace?

3 minutes ago, BobC said:

Oh no.

Means we're going to sign him doesn't it. 

Would rather keep Szczepaniak. Neither of them are any good. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BobC said:

Looking at it mate theres not a lot Matt can do. This side bar one maybe will have to take us to the play off's. Averages are to high.

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

interesting skids,fan of stefan but too big a risk bringing him back early my opinion,cant go digging bigger holes this stage of the season.(whoops, waiting to see which comic is going to make the first jibe about "digging holes" probably wont have long to wait lol)

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Based on Spaniak's new GSA wef 1/7 its 4.77 or on a 1.3 conversion he has 6.2 for a Champ rider.

Scrolling through the latest SGB team declaration GSA's effective july, the only rider who I can come up with who has shown some decent recent form is Mason Campton a 24 year Aussie who I got a chance to see at my local track Lakeside recently where he scored 10 from 5 incl one last place. Was easily their best rider by far and better on the night than Klindt & Bewley.

Only came back from injury for first time this season I think end of May checking Workingson results and has done fairly well. Can't be any worse than Spaniak on UK form. Nobody else stands out around that mark in Champ.

Unless Matt has another young Johnny Foreigner agreed at a GSA below 5 with no UK experience ??? Does he need the expense of an untried young rider even if done kind of ok abroad.

Also Matt cannot change Josh G for Charles Wright as Josh starts July on 6.12 and Wright is on 6.19. Additionally if Matt tries a team redeclaration he looks stumped to me as team start July on 42.97 and need to redeclare within 42.5 (I think).

Charles Wright has signed for Leicester.

if we change only one rider it has to Szczpaniak  but probably be a team re-declaration  as that would give us more points to play with.