British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Jakobsen looking decent at the moment. 

He has a lot of potential, and Matt has to do something. I would doubt it will stop there as well.

1 hour ago, Jason.C said:

Where has this been announced? 

Main British speedway site.

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Will be at reserve and watching him in action in the u21’s tonight shows he has ability. 

Of course he has but he should have gone to Belle Vue as Poole seem to be a ‘get a score or your out’ sort of place I’m afraid.

Just now, GWC said:

Of course he has but he should have gone to Belle Vue as Poole seem to be a ‘get a score or your out’ sort of place I’m afraid.

Should and did are two different things.   Matt brought him over two year ago, he rode at the start of the season, now he's here. We wont expect fireworks but Matt has to do something.

I mean if signing one of the best u21 riders in the world is a panic signing. Not sure what is a good one. 

Ford isn’t stupid. He is building the asset base again. To sell .

Kurtz, Holder J, Woryna, Jakobsen, Oliver B(who is in the Poole article) could come as well. 

He knows that those guys have a chance of making it big so get them young and build around it. Might be time for us Poole fans to say right let’s build for the future. 

2 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I mean if signing one of the best u21 riders in the world is a panic signing. Not sure what is a good one. 

Kurtz, Holder J, Woryna, Jakobsen, Oliver B(who is in the Poole article) could come as well. 

He knows that those guys have a chance of making it big so get them young and build around it. Might be time for us Poole fans to say right let’s build for the future. 

Future don't look to good at the moment for speedway ?

37 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Panic signing

11pts in 1st round of world under 21 final tonight

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Will be at reserve and watching him in action in the u21’s tonight shows he has ability. 

He's a tidy rider who has had his career managed well so far...Not rushing his progression, just working on getting him technically right. 

From what I have seen of him over the years he should do a good job in the UK league. 

As for the suggestion by a regular troll that it's a panic signing...I'm fairly confident this was set up months ago.

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

What future when in league of 3 teams 

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

it's not only Poole that are ruthless is it , at Leicester it's King and Newman out, Wright and Wells in

Only, Danny and Kyle are out injured, otherwise I'm sure they'd still be in:rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GWC said:

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, HenryW said:

He's a tidy rider who has had his career managed well so far...Not rushing his progression, just working on getting him technically right. 

From what I have seen of him over the years he should do a good job in the UK league. 

As for the suggestion by a regular troll that it's a panic signing...I'm fairly confident this was set up months ago.

You could well be correct this was set up earlier. He was interviewed at the World U21 and he has just graduated from a business college. He said it has been difficult for the last couple of years studying often when travelling in the van. Now he has graduated he wants to concentrate on his speedway. 

2 hours ago, HenryW said:

wow, How do you know these things. Oh yes it's been on many interviews today. Confidence :D