British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I would say they have made themselves available to every club,as they are now unemployed in the top league in the UK.

Of course they have, this is old news mate.. But on the same token both Scott or Bomber would be happy to go to Poole.

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Of course they have, this is old news mate.. But on the same token both Scott or Bomber would be happy to go to Poole.

I'm sure they would both be happy to go anywhere to earn money.

• Like 5

They would be happy to join any team in the premier league EVEN Poole as 5hey don't have a team in it and they want to earn a living 

Nice of them to return his call even if it did take a week or two. Lol

• Haha 1

Poor Josh G has found his POL experience a baptism of fire.

Having become a POL citizen he rode the weekend in POL Champ semi final where he was in  effect totally outclassed by the Poles and scraped a couple of points from 5 rides. In his Pol Nice 1 matches he sits a lowly 42nd out of 55 in points av.

Bearing in mind he isn't even riding in POL EXL it looks to me like a real struggle. With all his constant commuting costs etc I hope he isnt losing out big time compared to what he would have been earning with regular rides in Champ plus no doubt he used to get plenty of guest bkgs. If he doesnt pick up I doubt in any POL Nice side will be interested next season let alone POL EXL.

28 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Poor Josh G has found his POL experience a baptism of fire.

Having become a POL citizen he rode the weekend in POL Champ semi final where he was in  effect totally outclassed by the Poles and scraped a couple of points from 5 rides. In his Pol Nice 1 matches he sits a lowly 42nd out of 55 in points av.

Bearing in mind he isn't even riding in POL EXL it looks to me like a real struggle. With all his constant commuting costs etc I hope he isnt losing out big time compared to what he would have been earning with regular rides in Champ plus no doubt he used to get plenty of guest bkgs. If he doesnt pick up I doubt in any POL Nice side will be interested next season let alone POL EXL.

Well I thought he rode better in his last meeting for us but if he doesn't maintain a reasonable level of form he won't in the Poole team either.

Think Poole would be mad not to make a move for Nicholls his experience and leadership could be just what they need.

2 hours ago, Orbiter said:

Think Poole would be mad not to make a move for Nicholls his experience and leadership could be just what they need.

just calculated and according to current GSA av Poole have a team total of 41.75 and Josh G has a GSA of 6.12 thanks to a continually falling 20 match rolling av due to his poor form overall this season which has dragged his total 20 match GSA down.

Nicholls based on his current GSA for Rye is on 7.35. Too high, as if Ford redeclared his team JG 6.12 plus 0.75 to play with to keep within the 42.5 limit only gives 6.87 to play with for another rider.

However interestingly Harris current GSA is 6.86 which JUST fits. Only way Nicholls would get in is if they cancelled the riders GSA's as results void and they converted their current Champ GSA's at 1.3 meaning they switch as Harris would be on 6.25 but Nicholls would be 6.07 so could be a straight replacement. Harris would then need to go in on a team redeclaration.

Of course the $64,000 question which none of us know the answer to is WHAT GSA would each rider now be given in the circumstances.

I think on their current Rye GSA's I cannot see them getting into any team (other than Harris into maybe Poole) as most teams are well above 42.5 and others either the riders they could replace through injury or out of form either have av below or the team total wont allow redeclaration within the 42.5 point limit.

Wonder if the SCB will do anything to give both at least a chance to get signed as innocent victims of the situation. We will no doubt find out this month as 23rd July is cut off date for riders GSA's for August plus no doubt team's last last signings have to be made I assume by end July ??

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typos

So with Wolves Peter Adams suggesting the BSPA are considering adjusting not only the Rye House rider averages (despite Summers already moving to Somerset on his July average), but also looking at adjusting all teams averages according to their scores v Rye.  Good luck with that - if it happens??!

27 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So with Wolves Peter Adams suggesting the BSPA are considering adjusting not only the Rye House rider averages (despite Summers already moving to Somerset on his July average), but also looking at adjusting all teams averages according to their scores v Rye.  Good luck with that - if it happens??!

Well if I were Poole I would go for that. See Pooles scores over the 2 matches.

Poole: 
Stefan Nielsen 8+2 (5 rides), Kacper Woryna 8 (5), Richie Worrall 7+3 (5), Linus Sundstrom 6+2 (4), Brady Kurtz 6 (4), Mateusz Szczepaniek 6 (4), Josh Grajczonek 1 (3).

Poole:
Stefan Nielsen 11+2, Linus Sundstrom 9+2, Josh Grajczonek 8+2, Brady Kurtz 7, Mateusz Szczepaniak 6+3, Kacper Woryna 6+1, Richie Worrall R/R.

Considering BP don't count and Nielsen out injured they could work to Pooles advantage in lowering some riders GSA's or if the team were looking at a team redeclaration ??

Must admit still not convinced on the team. We got lucky last night that Klindt did well on a track that used to be his home and he has always ridden it well (even if a bit of reshaping). Others it was the same old same old and again Sundstrom didnt impress me. Maybe Woryna still carrying n injury from Sunday. Still think we need one more change and be interesting to see depending on if SCB remove the above points and depending upon what Harris & Nicholls get redeclared at if the SCB are looking at their av. Can't see either getting a team if they don't. If they go back to their starting av for the season then imo they definitely wont get a team on 7.48 & 7.63 SN/CH.

I think the Speedway Forum itself shows the state of our sport.

Wolves v Somerset - Only 14 replies and 735 views since it was put up 

Belle Vue v Swindon - Only 20  replies from 1366 views since it was started Sunday

Then we have:

Leicester v Poole - 201 replies from 8867 views since started Friday.

In a way I think the Forum kind of mirror images that lack of real interest. Poole has its fair share of haters and wind up merchants but even so, whether it be Poole 2018 or individual matches the contributions and views are way ahead of the others. 

That's not a gloat at others but to show the general lack on people interested in contributing to the sport in general.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Belle Vue v Swindon - Only 20  replies from 1366 views since it was started Sunday

Then we have:

In a way I think the Forum kind of mirror images that lack of real interest. Poole has its fair share of haters and wind up merchants but even so, whether it be Poole 2018 or individual matches the contributions and views are way ahead of the others. 

That's not a gloat at others but to show the general lack on people interested in contributing to the sport in general.

The reason for the lack of posts on the BV Swindon thread is that it has been taken over by a troll from Reading and while it posts many others will not.

• Like 1

Tv matches always have more hits. Poole threads would have the normal amount of posts if you removed the

“you’re a knob”

“its a fact”

” no you’re a knob”

insults and wind ups by the usual Poole posters. 

I fear that any plan to save British speedway will be these fair weather “win at all costs” fans disappear from Wimborne Rd. 

While us speedway fans are happy to see four lads tearing round, that won’t cut the mustard for this lot and they will be back to their football, bowls, hockey or whatever. 

Feel for the fans on those forums when they end up back there. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Then we have:

I think the Poole thread is a good eg of what the BSF has become these days and that in my opinion is why a lots of posters have moved on or only post every now and again.Speedway on a lot of threads now seems to be on the back burner and replaced i am sad to say with personal digs/comments and B/S etc.For the guilty parties i am ready for a few to be thrown my way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Then we have:

Obviously the fact Poole are hated by some isn't altogether a bad thing and generates more interest in their meetings because some want to see them lose so much.