British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think the Speedway Forum itself shows the state of our sport.

Wolves v Somerset - Only 14 replies and 735 views since it was put up 

Belle Vue v Swindon - Only 20  replies from 1366 views since it was started Sunday

Then we have:

Leicester v Poole - 201 replies from 8867 views since started Friday.

In a way I think the Forum kind of mirror images that lack of real interest. Poole has its fair share of haters and wind up merchants but even so, whether it be Poole 2018 or individual matches the contributions and views are way ahead of the others. 

That's not a gloat at others but to show the general lack on people interested in contributing to the sport in general.

Spot on. To be fair, it’s no fun gloating at Poole anymore. It’s like getting a bargain from Oxfam; it just doesn’t seem right to benefit from the unfortunate.

45 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Spot on. To be fair, it’s no fun gloating at Poole anymore. It’s like getting a bargain from Oxfam; it just doesn’t seem right to benefit from the unfortunate.

Should have expected that from you DC :D. But nothing wrong with friendly banter as none of us want it to be too serious on here.

Some of the comments are partly true though. There seem plenty who only use the forum for the sake of having a go or being rude with snide comments.

To be honest since I joined nearly 2 years ago I am becoming disillusioned with the Forum in general. I made the mistake of still thinking there was sensible debate to be had and an exchange of views on the team where we can take the sport forward to help it survive. It seems the majority don't see to give a toss and certainly don't want to engage in sensible discussion. Yet they are only to willing to indulge and keep indulging in petty snipes and insults as if they have nothing better to fill their day. Many of whom obviously retired with nothing to contribute. Apologies in advance to the minority who do engage in sensible discussion, especially Poole which is my main Speedway interest.

An example last week where I did an in depth post on Poole 2018 about MY views on a way forward. From memory - Not one like or anything as a dislike. In fact I can't remember one view as to a constructive alternative to a way forward other than I think one poster rolled out the old chestnut of not enough riders. Believe me with 5 main riders and say 2 N/L riders per team there probably would be or even if we went with 6 man teams incl using N/L riders.

Anyway think I will keep my views on the future of the sport to myself in future and let's just see which direction (if any) the sport takes.

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Should have expected that from you DC :D. But nothing wrong with friendly banter as none of us want it to be too serious on here.

Some of the comments are partly true though. There seem plenty who only use the forum for the sake of having a go or being rude with snide comments.

To be honest since I joined nearly 2 years ago I am becoming disillusioned with the Forum in general. I made the mistake of still thinking there was sensible debate to be had and an exchange of views on the team where we can take the sport forward to help it survive. It seems the majority don't see to give a toss and certainly don't want to engage in sensible discussion. Yet they are only to willing to indulge and keep indulging in petty snipes and insults as if they have nothing better to fill their day. Many of whom obviously retired with nothing to contribute. Apologies in advance to the minority who do engage in sensible discussion, especially Poole which is my main Speedway interest.

An example last week where I did an in depth post on Poole 2018 about MY views on a way forward. From memory - Not one like or anything as a dislike. In fact I can't remember one view as to a constructive alternative to a way forward other than I think one poster rolled out the old chestnut of not enough riders. Believe me with 5 main riders and say 2 N/L riders per team there probably would be or even if we went with 6 man teams incl using N/L riders.

Anyway think I will keep my views on the future of the sport to myself in future and let's just see which direction (if any) the sport takes.

Your  wasting your time mate trying to get a decent conversation out of the majority on here mate. There are a few none poole fans who will contrabute sensibly.
Thing is Steve, not being funny although that post you put up was very good it was to long, and nobody reads long posts.
Some on here do agree we need massive changes within the sport and a change at the top, but as per usual it soon peters out and the status quo, good band that, remains.
Im normally very laid back, but this time i am very worried about the future of our sport..

Edited by Starman2006

5 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think the Speedway Forum itself shows the state of our sport.

Wolves v Somerset - Only 14 replies and 735 views since it was put up 

Belle Vue v Swindon - Only 20  replies from 1366 views since it was started Sunday

Then we have:

Leicester v Poole - 201 replies from 8867 views since started Friday.

In a way I think the Forum kind of mirror images that lack of real interest. Poole has its fair share of haters and wind up merchants but even so, whether it be Poole 2018 or individual matches the contributions and views are way ahead of the others. 

That's not a gloat at others but to show the general lack on people interested in contributing to the sport in general.

Why would you be gloating?

having nearly 700 replies on Poole 2018 doesn’t necessarily mean more interest than other clubs, 

not doubting the quality of your post steve,however i believe starman is correct "its to long" the nature of these sports forums is "short and sweet"(well not always "sweet")

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, poole keith said:

not doubting the quality of your post steve,however i believe starman is correct "its to long" the nature of these sports forums is "short and sweet"(well not always "sweet")

Thanks Keith & Starman.

Yes maybe I do get too involved and the posts are sometimes long, but sometimes a post needs explaining hence why some do go on a bit. Will keep short in future in the hope that some engage in sensible response like you guys.

41 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Why would you be gloating?

having nearly 700 replies on Poole 2018 doesn’t necessarily mean more interest than other clubs, 

You sure ?? Maybe look again.

Since 21st July 2017.  - 647,179 views and 9,727 replies. No other Prem post is within half of that and many not even a third.

• Like 1

Yes but quantity does not always tally with quality. A large %age may be (& in this case is), total drivel &/or bitching attacks & in-fighting... 

Poole are the speedway equivalent of Man Utd, hate them or love them everyone takes an interest because they are the team everyone wants to beat ...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Yes but quantity does not always tally with quality. A large %age may be (& in this case is), total drivel &/or bitching attacks & in-fighting... 

Don't disagree that we have to much non speedway posts incl too much of the above.

However even if you strip all that out (incl similar on other teams posts), think you will find Poole still way out in front on posts read/replied.

50 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Thanks Keith & Starman.

Yes maybe I do get too involved and the posts are sometimes long, but sometimes a post needs explaining hence why some do go on a bit. Will keep short in future in the hope that some engage in sensible response like you guys.

Dont worry about it Steve, think of it the same as if you are applying for a job, the employer will turn his nose up at an appllicant who writes a book.
4-5-6 sentances long is fine, otherwise you might confuse some of the dears on here..:rofl:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Dont worry about it Steve, think of it the same as if you are applying for a job, the employer will turn his nose up at an appllicant who writes a book.
4-5-6 sentances long is fine, otherwise you might confuse some of the dears on here..:rofl:

Well we all agree on one thing. Speedway needs some major surgery and replanning on how it goes forward or it really will die. Hopefully something can still be salvaged even if not at the top level of Poland. Let's hope Matt doesn't walk away as we need visionaries like him. If he goes then we really will see problems.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

You sure ?? Maybe look again.

Since 21st July 2017.  - 647,179 views and 9,727 replies. No other Prem post is within half of that and many not even a third.

That's one way of looking at it isuppose ?

Another view is maybe other fans don't participate in as much inane drivel, that has nothing to do with speedway as Poole ? 

Is that a possibility ?

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

To be fair, Starry, you confuse us with four or five words.  :)

39 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Poole are the speedway equivalent of Man Utd, hate them or love them everyone takes an interest because they are the team everyone wants to beat ...

Well, that used to be the case ....... :)