British Speedway Forum

I dislike Poole as much as anybody else but crying foul because they have good reserves is a bit dumb. It’s your choice how you build a team. Lynn with Kerr proctor and toft having spells at reserve are no different. It’s what makes it interesting really. Poole have weaker riders in 13 and 15 on paper. As long as there hasn’t been average manipulation used to get certain riders to reserve then I don’t see the problem

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GWC said:

Not sure I understand your comment.

Nonsence infers that the system is fine and you are happy that 2 riders can have 7 rides?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Anybody could build a team to have a strong reserve, or even two strong reserves. If it was such a big advantage why doesn't everyone do it?

This has nothing to do with Poole and their chosen route to team building just making a point that the system is skewed.

53 minutes ago, GWC said:

This has nothing to do with Poole and their chosen route to team building just making a point that the system is skewed.

It isn't skewed nothing wrong with the system. The point wouldn't even come up if Klindt had got 5 instead of 17.

9 hours ago, GWC said:

How is it skewed?

i dont think this yrs poole team is the result of a dastardly or even cunning plan,its a team which has just evolved through a combination of circumstance ie legal wrangles,injuries underperformers,limited availabilitys ,financial restraints and hey ho we end up with a competitive team

Nothing really has changed in todays speedway in yesteryear when there was a monthly average  change a number 2 or 4 would often change with a number 6.Therefore always giving them at least one decent reserve Cradley if i remember rightly went the other way often being top heavy.There reserves were often pushed in the deep end ie) with the likes of Gledhill,S.Collins,Reid,Garratt(rip) everyone to there own in the way they want to assemble a team that is what makes it special if you get it right.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Linus binned and replaced with Harris 

Harris is not exactly on fire this season,bad move IMO

• Like 1

Linus has chosen to stand down.  Chris has always been a hard, fair and top rider at Poole as far as I'm concerned. Welcome Chris. 

http://www.poolepirates.co/news/2018-07-12-bomber-pirate.html

Not sure it will strengthen us to be honest. Harris best days are behind him and his form for Glasgow has been poor. Plus travelling from one end of the country to the other doesn’t help.

guess time will tell.

• Like 1

would have preferred Nicholls, bit surprised sundstrom the one to go, thought it might have been josh or Ritchie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1