British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, colin wood said:

It's quite sad to see Poole resort to sacking riders left ,right and centre .There is no loyalty in speedway now.Desperate measures to try and win a seven team league.The sport really is struggling.Harris will be cheaper as Ford won't be paying out air fares etc.

Read the article before assuming that Linus was sacked ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ray c said:

Read the article before assuming that Linus was sacked ?

Never assume..

31 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Come on Starman what do you expect opposing fans to say on a speedway forum, Poole change riders more often than banks change money.

Maybe, but we are in it to win it, and everybody knows Matt. Funny how our thread, Poole has 400,000 more viewings than any other thread, so we must be doing something right..:t:

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

Haha wasnt Matt who stopped Somerset signing Chris.

A member of the committee deemed it not right or would help Somerset a bit too much more like. 

We’ve been giggling about this post over breakfast, it’s class. 

You say Somerset where stopped from signing Harris as it would help them but Poole can sign him as it will er, weaken them or not help them. 

Funny, funny, funny, keep ‘em coming. 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Maybe, but we are in it to win it, and everybody knows Matt. Funny how our thread, Poole has 400,000 more viewings than any other thread, so we must be doing something right..:t:

Whether it’s 9/11, Tsumami, Katrina or Trump etc, it’s clear to see what makes the most column inches. 

Given your opinion that injured riders from other teams “reap what they sow” I’m not surprised you revel in disaster. 

Awful human being. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

After reading yr first sentance and a half i though, er we go. But you redeamed yourself in the second part. Sensible man..

Nothing wrong with either part. It’s just an opinion.

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

That’s what I thought but someone corrected me on another thread and it’s mid August - I think it’s around the 12th.

Thought I’d read the 12th also.

55 minutes ago, ouch said:

We’ve been giggling about this post over breakfast, it’s class. 

You say Somerset where stopped from signing Harris as it would help them but Poole can sign him as it will er, weaken them or not help them. 

Funny, funny, funny, keep ‘em coming. 

Its quite simple as to why Somerset couldn't sign Harris to replace Vissing, because it would have put them over the 42.50 points limit (just!).  Didn't need a BSPA guru to step in - just someone who could do simple arithmetic!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Nothing wrong with either part. It’s just an opinion.

Thought I’d read the 12th also.

The rules clearly state August 12th cut-off, with any changes effective on 15th August.  (Incidentally thats more or less exactly 28 days for MF to consider bringing Sundstrom - or any other rider that fits - back for Worrall if scores don't improve.):D

Edited by Skidder1

Not having team Kevlars makes sense now.

Mind you probably would have got a discount for a bulk order.

Edited by naffer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The rules clearly state August 12th cut-off, with any changes effective on 15th August.

That rule was for an eight-team league, no doubt it does not apply to a seven team-league. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Its quite simple as to why Somerset couldn't sign Harris to replace Vissing, because it would have put them over the 42.50 points limit (just!).  Didn't need a BSPA guru to step in - just someone who could do simple arithmetic!!

Ouch and Flange have their own anti Poole agenda, they wouldn't let facts cloud their bias!!

• Like 1

If Linus did want to try to up his form by giving UK a miss for the rest of this year then Bomber a decent replacement yes his form not brilliant but gives everything and with the league as it is not many options out there also he may be not a youngster but still a Brit having a job instead of a flaky pole coming over

Somerset could have made a double swap as they did when replacing Charles & Jonas. Is that too difficult a fact for you to understand?

Why would Somerset say they were prevented signing Harris if it was just an averages thing?

This is why Poole threads run on and on as the basics need to be explained again and again. 

Non speedway folk I know but Christ it’s hard work. 

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Not doing something right as probably most fans having a look at Poole threads do it for the comedy value like me. If I need cheering up I always look in here first. :D

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ouch said:

Somerset could have made a double swap as they did when replacing Charles & Jonas. Is that too difficult a fact for you to understand?

Why would Somerset say they were prevented signing Harris if it was just an averages thing?

This is why Poole threads run on and on as the basics need to be explained again and again. 

Non speedway folk I know but Christ it’s hard work. 

Maybe because thats the story they wanted to tell their supporters, making out it was not their own fault?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1