British Speedway Forum

I feel sorry for Starman when speedway goes properly t1ts up in a couple of years and there is no forum. He will be wandering around the streets trying to start random arguments with people as he no one else to talk to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe because thats the story they wanted to tell their supporters, making out it was not their own fault?!

Wow, just wow.

30 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe because thats the story they wanted to tell their supporters, making out it was not their own fault?!

Ford would never do that,would he:D

53 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I feel sorry for Starman when speedway goes properly t1ts up in a couple of years and there is no forum. He will be wandering around the streets trying to start random arguments with people as he no one else to talk to.

Will i, perhaps you want to take a bit of a look at yourself then...Never seen you put a decent post up to be honest. With comments like that you'l be the first to drive the last nail in its coffin..

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Its quite simple as to why Somerset couldn't sign Harris to replace Vissing, because it would have put them over the 42.50 points limit (just!).  Didn't need a BSPA guru to step in - just someone who could do simple arithmetic!!

I'm very confident a good mathematician/accountant could have presented a set of figures showing the Rebels with Bomber within the set points limit!  simple business accounting!

4 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

It's probably worth pointing out to Somerset fans that your team isn't being singled out as a victim of a strange decision which appears to favour Poole.

This sort of thing has been going on for years. Ashworth, Lyons, Kildermand (twice if you believe the Adams/cvs lie about GP riders being  given a 9 point average to stop wolves signing woofinden and pawlicki) readily spring to mind, where other teams have been hampered when it comes to signing riders who then sign for Poole.

Theres some B/S thrown about in speedway Wolves could not afford Lindgren let alone Woffinden and Pawlicki a complete and total lie from the Wolves management.

Was Linus sacked ? I don't know, but if I was a betting man !!. Was it made awkward for the Rebels to sign Harris, I don't know that one either...

When Ford came out with the statement about jacking it in at the end of the season, the violins might of came out in some quarters, while at the same time he was probably trying to to get Bomber on board. Im pretty sure they will reach the play off final and Ford will be buzzing about 2019..I will be shocked if it's any different...And happy for someone to quote me later on :wink:.

Remember I offered a member £100 bet when Poole was bottom and riding rubbish, that they would make the play off's. :)

I think Harris for Linus is a plus. I know not average wise, but we don't know what the vibe around Rye had been for a while and I think a fresh start even at this stage of the season will see him up his ave a bit. You know what you get with Bomber.

I'm no Fraud fan, but as they say "It's not how you start it's how you finnish" :blink:

Poole to win the league....Don't rule it out...

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Was Linus sacked ? I don't know, but if I was a betting man !!. Was it made awkward for the Rebels to sign Harris, I don't know that one either...

When Ford came out with the statement about jacking it in at the end of the season, the violins might of came out in some quarters, while at the same time he was probably trying to to get Bomber on board. Im pretty sure they will reach the play off final and Ford will be buzzing about 2019..I will be shocked if it's any different...And happy for someone to quote me later on :wink:.

Remember I offered a member £100 bet when Poole was bottom and riding rubbish, that they would make the play off's. :)

I think Harris for Linus is a plus. I know not average wise, but we don't know what the vibe around Rye had been for a while and I think a fresh start even at this stage of the season will see him up his ave a bit. You know what you get with Bomber.

I'm no Fraud fan, but as they say "It's not how you start it's how you finnish" :blink:

Dont think it's quite so easy to predict the winners this season ?

45 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Its not over till its over mate..

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I believe there has been an element of confusion on whether Rye riders would revert to their starting averages, keep their most recent CMA or have a converted Championship average - not to mention what would happen to everyone else in the Premiership whether they would keep the Rye results in their averages or not. 

Once all of that had been established, we have then moved for Summers. So stop banging your "simple maths" drums as, as per usual in Speedway nothing is ever simple.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm no Fraud fan, but as they say "It's not how you start it's how you finnish

Giving it the big one, then comes up with a quote about Finland :blink: 

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

I believe there has been an element of confusion on whether Rye riders would revert to their starting averages, keep their most recent CMA or have a converted Championship average - not to mention what would happen to everyone else in the Premiership whether they would keep the Rye results in their averages or not. 

Once all of that had been established, we have then moved for Summers. So stop banging your "simple maths" drums as, as per usual in Speedway nothing is ever simple.

Your closer to the truth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

...only some speedway minds!!:D

6 hours ago, Gemini said:

Not doing something right as probably most fans having a look at Poole threads do it for the comedy value like me. If I need cheering up I always look in here first. :D

Really, something tells me you are being a little cynical. 600,000 views and contrabutions tells me more fans are interested in what we do that any other club. funny that..:t:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Its not over till its over mate..

I can hear her clearing her throat, even at this stage :wink: