British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

As i said, we cant do it for everybody. Please, please, read the posts..

I understand it was more than you’ve stated but, that said, if the engine, carburettor, countershaft and clutch are ok it’s a £1500 max repair job. I am perfectly aware that Chris Holder became the The Invisible Man after an appearance at the P&P but as he wasn’t the subject of this discussion I guess you might have worked out that I was referring to Chris Harris.

17 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I dont get why Bomber is deemed worthy of a collection but Nielsen wasn't. Harris still riding and earning. I suppose though unless you are Darcy Ward at Poole then its out of sight out of mind. 

Exactly my sentiments. All riders should be treated fairly by the club and it’s supporters. Nobody should be gifted special treatment. It happened last year and, it looks like it is going to happen again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I dont get why Bomber is deemed worthy of a collection but Nielsen wasn't. Harris still riding and earning. I suppose though unless you are Darcy Ward at Poole then its out of sight out of mind. 

It's in the interest of Poole that Chris gets his bike back in tip top order and he's going well. He is still earning though and Nielson isn't, which is a shame.

I'm not saying it's the reason Poole have decided not to help Nielson. As Stary said they can't help everyone..But you can throw thousands at Nielson and it won't help Poole, as he's crocked.

I'm sure Bomber is chuffed and will give his all to help Poole win the title after the good will he has received.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I'm not sure why they haven't done one for Stefan, having been out for most of the season I'm sure he needs it more than Harris. Very strange! 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's in the interest of Poole that Chris gets his bike back in tip top order and he's going well. He is still earning though and Nielson isn't, which is a shame.

I'm not saying it's the reason Poole have decided not to help Nielson. As Stary said they can't help everyone..But you can throw thousands at Nielson and it won't help Poole, as he's crocked.

I'm sure Bomber is chuffed and will give his all to help Poole win the title after the good will he has received.

They should have helped Nielsen when it happened, was quite a while ago now. It doesn't even have to come from the REF. A bucket collection at the track would have been enough? 

• Like 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

They should have helped Nielsen when it happened, was quite a while ago now. It doesn't even have to come from the REF. A bucket collection at the track would have been enough? 

Agree.

• Like 1

surely theres a reasonable argument for having a collection for a young british rider,riding for poole at poole when breaking his leg and as others have said resulting in a financially disastrous season for him,whats the harm in giving it a go, measured against the possible gains jmo

• Like 2

I think it’s great to give as long as we know about it. There’s nothing stopping anyone contacting any rider to make a personal donation if someone organises a fund then anyone can give or not according to their own thoughts.

Lets not make any issues on this just be glad that people are donating.

as an employer myself I would not like it if staff wanted to collect for another injured employee  through the company It would prefer it if they did it privately as it sets a precedence . 

I know that I once wanted to arrange a staff collection at my football club for a player who broke his leg and was informed that they did not want it to be connected with the club in any way because of the above.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mediman said:

I think it’s great to give as long as we know about it. There’s nothing stopping anyone contacting any rider to make a personal donation if someone organises a fund then anyone can give or not according to their own thoughts.

Lets not make any issues on this just be glad that people are donating.

as an employer myself I would not like it if staff wanted to collect for another injured employee  through the company It would prefer it if they did it privately as it sets a precedence . 

I know that I once wanted to arrange a staff collection at my football club for a player who broke his leg and was informed that they did not want it to be connected with the club in any way because of the above.

Harris is getting both i think. There is a just giving type page set up, where the min you can donate is £2 and also getting a donation from REF as well. 

But a few Poole fans on twitter have said they are going to make their own donations to Stef as he should receive something! :)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yes I suspect you are right.

5 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

So Chris Holder rode in England for Australia yesterday, does that mean he's free to ride over here now

Not at Poole, no....

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Harris is getting both i think. There is a just giving type page set up, where the min you can donate is £2 and also getting a donation from REF as well. 

But a few Poole fans on twitter have said they are going to make their own donations to Stef as he should receive something! :)

This pees me of a bit.Why is there a just giving page set-up for Harris when this is all part and parcel of his job.I would understand for Nielsen as he isn't earning.But Harris does always seem to moan about his machinery and now expects the fans to help him out.There's many,many people out there a lot less fortunate than Harris(money wise) but they don't go begging for money.Crikey how many people in the UK have a boiler mess up and have to pay thousands.

We had it with Kerr before the start of the season,a page set up similar to get his bikes ready for the new season.Next thing on his twitter was he and his family are for a family holiday to Dubai:blink:.I'm sure Harris to will be enjoying a family holiday at some point,where again as many families in the UK won't be enjoying such a thing.

Rant over

• Like 2

A Poole fan set the page up for Harris. Chris didn't do it himself. I don't even now if Chris knows about it! 

The way I see it, nobody is forced to donate.