British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Aviator said:

I understand it was more than you’ve stated but, that said, if the engine, carburettor, countershaft and clutch are ok it’s a £1500 max repair job. I am perfectly aware that Chris Holder became the The Invisible Man after an appearance at the P&P but as he wasn’t the subject of this discussion I guess you might have worked out that I was referring to Chris Harris.

CH Chris Holder Chris Harris. Please dont abrieviate. Write who you mean. If that was me there would be 500 pages of what a prat.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

CH Chris Holder Chris Harris. Please dont abrieviate. Write who you mean. If that was me there would be 500 pages of what a prat.

Don’t ever, ever lecture me. Use your own intellectual capacity to work out posts for your yourself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aviator said:

Exactly my sentiments. All riders should be treated fairly by the club and it’s supporters. Nobody should be gifted special treatment. It happened last year and, it looks like it is going to happen again.

Fans at all clubs will have their favourite riders - as indeed do sponsors!  If a fan wants to give something to a rider then he/she will - including in this specific case setting up a Just Giving page for Chris Harris' repairs independent of what the club or the supporters club (REF) may or may not do. (Incidentally Chris knew nothing about this until informed by another supporter and promptly offered some of his merchandise to be given to selected donors.)

Clearly as at Sunday evening 50 donors feel the same about Bomber and have so far raised £758

As for Stefan yes he may well 'deserve' a collection, but by the same token he probably had some financial support from SRBF which wouldn't have been available to Bomber.

I guess if some fans or sponsors feel strongly enough about Stefan or any other rider then we can expect a number of Just Giving opportunities to crop up.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

A Poole fan set the page up for Harris. Chris didn't do it himself. I don't even now if Chris knows about it! 

Let's hope he gives it to a worthy charity then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Fans at all clubs will have their favourite riders - as indeed do sponsors!  If a fan wants to give something to a rider then he/she will - including in this specific case setting up a Just Giving page for Chris Harris' repairs independent of what the club or the supporters club (REF) may or may not do. (Incidentally Chris knew nothing about this until informed by another supporter and promptly offered some of his merchandise to be given to selected donors.)

Clearly as at Sunday evening 50 donors feel the same about Bomber and have so far raised £758

As for Stefan yes he may well 'deserve' a collection, but by the same token he probably had some financial support from SRBF which wouldn't have been available to CH.

So, why didn’t we do it for Hans Andersen (that bit is for Starman) when he blew up an engine to the tune of £4K last year???? 

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As for Stefan yes he may well 'deserve' a collection, but by the same token he probably had some financial support from SRBF which wouldn't have been available to Bomber.

I guess if some fans or sponsors feel strongly enough about Stefan or any other rider then we can expect a number of Just Giving opportunities to crop up.

Hey Skidder, nice touch on the abbreviations. Must have read Starmans plea for clarity....

5 minutes ago, Aviator said:

So, why didn’t we do it for Hans Andersen (that bit is for Starman) when he blew up an engine to the tune of £4K last year???? 

Maybe he didn't have as many fans as he and his sponsors thought he had??

16 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Don’t ever, ever lecture me. Use your own intellectual capacity to work out posts for your yourself.

Really, right tho arnt i...

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe he didn't have as many fans as he and his sponsors thought he had??

That’s almost certain but, he turned up for all of Poole’s matches and was the highest points scorer in 2017. Would have been a better bet for 2018 than The Invisible Man. For Starman that abreviates to “TIM”.

1 minute ago, Aviator said:

That’s almost certain but, he turned up for all of Poole’s matches and was the highest points scorer in 2017. Would have been a better bet for 2018 than The Invisible Man. For Starman that abreviates to “TIM”.

Well I happen to be in the camp that doesn't agree with you about Hans - but each to their own I guess.

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Well I happen to be in the camp that doesn't agree with you about Hans - but each to their own I guess.

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Mmmmm.

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Really, right tho arnt i...

Clearly you need a little help so in future and, out of courtesy I will try and lay my posts out in Janet & John language. 

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

100% v 0% attendance. Highest team scorer v Did Not Attend (DNA). I know where I would have been on 14 March 2018. 

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Interesting cos a fair few Poole fans on here knew not using Hans was a mistake. We are only doing well now as Harris can fill the Holder shaped hole pretty well. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting cos a fair few Poole fans on here knew not using Hans was a mistake. We are only doing well now as Harris can fill the Holder shaped hole pretty well. 

Well put Lisa-Colette.