British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting cos a fair few Poole fans on here knew not using Hans was a mistake. We are only doing well now as Harris can fill the Holder shaped hole pretty well. 

I for one was pleased Hans was omitted from this years lineup. Too often he was a journeyman last season.  Sure it looked like a mistake when CH couldn’t ride but it was the right call imo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aviator said:

100% v 0% attendance. Highest team scorer v Did Not Attend (DNA). I know where I would have been on 14 March 2018. 

Not comparing him with Holder, just don't agree that he should have been a cert for the 2018 team.  As I say each to their own.

13 hours ago, Aviator said:

Well put Lisa-Colette.

As you may know i was in the keeping Hans camp not instead of Holder though. 

Too many times last season Hans settled for the position he was at after the second bend. Rode within himself to stay safe an maximise earnings around all leagues with the minimal of risk (overtaking) hugged the inside all too often to be picked off.  

Edited by Steve Shovlar

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Too many times last season Hans settled fir the position he was at after the second bend. Rode within himself to stay safe an maximise earnings with the minimal of risk (overtaking) hugged the inside all too often to be picked off.  

He didn’t call in with as many “sickies” as Holder did in his last year with us either. “I feel sick, I’ve got a headache, I’ve got toothache” to name just a few. Don’t recall him playing the same tricks with Torun or on GP weekends!!! Just an observation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Aviator said:

He didn’t call in with as many “sickies” as Holder did in his last year with us either. “I feel sick, I’ve got a headache, I’ve got toothache” to name just a few. Don’t recall him playing the same tricks with Torun or on GP weekends!!! Just an observation.

No that’s true, but he wanted to ride in every single meeting available anywhere. Hans is an older rider knowing he only has a short period left in the sport and is trying to make as much as he can, and rightly so. That means not taking undue risk which could put him out of action for a period.

But it also means costing teams a win like Somerset at home last season.

Not quite sure how a discussion on setting up donations for Bomber has turned into a who was better - Andersen or Holder' debate?

Poole won nothing in 2016 or 2017 when Hans was in the team. Not saying that was down to Hans or any other individual rider but it might well explain why the promotion went for a very different 1-7 this year.  One thing is for certain - if Chris Holder had managed to get his visa sorted and was included in this year's Poole side - then the attendances would have shot up far earlier than they now have with Bomber!  ( and I'm not a particular fan of Holder either)!

Anyway almost £800 donated for Bomber so far by 53 fans - not bad for the week after the SRBF collection at Poole

Edited by Skidder1

18 hours ago, Aviator said:

Mmmmm.

What's that an abbreviation of..........?

Attendance has gone up about 300 a meeting i would say school holidays as well the arrival of bomber ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Not quite sure how a discussion on setting up donations for Bomber has turned into a who was better - Andersen or Holder' debate?

Poole won nothing in 2016 or 2017 when Hans was in the team. Not saying that was down to Hans or any other individual rider but it might well explain why the promotion went for a very different 1-7 this year.  One thing is for certain - if Chris Holder had managed to get his visa sorted and was included in this year's Poole side - then the attendances would have shot up far earlier than they now have with Bomber!  ( and I'm not a particular fan of Holder either)!

Anyway almost £800 donated for Bomber so far by 53 fans - not bad for the week after the SRBF collection at Poole

Discussions get changed all the time. A thread will never stay on topic 100%. Maybe give us a list of things we are allowed to talk about then Skidder! ;):P

Also, Hans was discussed plenty at the beginning of the thread! 

If only Poole fans were as generous to their injured riders as Glasgow fans were for Lewis Kerr (£2,014.53).  Glasgow fans are a different class!

16 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

If only Poole fans were as generous to their injured riders as Glasgow fans were for Lewis Kerr (£2,014.53).  Glasgow fans are a different class!

Very good of them, but if your looking for bites mate your in the wrong Swim and using the wrong bait.. Perhaps you should move.

On 8/6/2018 at 5:50 PM, Steve0 said:

:rolleyes:

Edited by Orbiter

47 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Really? Do you know how much Poole fans donated last week for the SRBF? Plenty of £10 and £20 notes in the bucket. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really? Do you know how much Poole fans donated last week for the SRBF? Plenty of £10 and £20 notes in the bucket. 

until you exchanged them for euros  :)