British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, Aviator said:

From the lack of response to your questions, I would imagine, nothing! And, that is one of the reasons that I’ve been advocating a “Poole Speedway Riders Hardship Fund” that could be made available (in addition to the REF) to any rider who is struggling financially through accidents whilst riding in a poole campaign.

Well done. Good to see someone making the effort.

What has Matt replied to your proposal?

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Well done. Good to see someone making the effort.

What has Matt replied to your proposal?

I didn’t say I’ve made any proposals, just that I am an advocate of a fairer system for all riders that ride in a poole campaign, not just named riders.

Just now, Aviator said:

I didn’t say I’ve made any proposals, just that I am an advocate of a fairer system for all riders that ride in a poole campaign, not just named riders.

Well, you’re a Poole sponsor, aren’t you, with direct access to the club, so why not give Matt Ford a call today and tell us what he says?

To the speedway world it seems that he doesn’t care one bit about a rider who broke his leg riding for the club!

20 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Well, you’re a Poole sponsor, aren’t you, with direct access to the club, so why not give Matt Ford a call today and tell us what he says?

To the speedway world it seems that he doesn’t care one bit about a rider who broke his leg riding for the club!

First of all let me set you straight.

1/ I am no longer a Poole Speedway Ltd sponsor, so I don’t have any direct access to the club or, it’s officials.

2/ I am one of the few on this forum that are against collections for named riders and have been advocating a “Poole Speedway Riders Hardship Fund” which would be available for a rider who is struggling either through injury or equipment damage.

3/ I would never disclose on an open forum any details of private discussions between two parties.

4/ I’m not sure any club promoter “cares” about “their” riders in the way you appear to believe the poole promotion should.

Perhaps as an interim solution, you could make a case to the Swindon REF and, I’m sure poole supporters would contribute to a Just Giving Page if you were to set it up on behalf of Stefan.

Please let us know the details if and when you set it up...

Thank you.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DC2 said:

He's no longer a sponsor DC, he sponsors riders apparantely  but has nothing to do with the club as such. And i dont think the system he's proposing would work or be feasable. The REF fund of ours is for Poole riders which money is allocated  to each rider over a period of the season,  You cannot keep making/ having different set ups for one club, the REF has been going donkeys years, fans cannot keep paying out. The Ben fund is there for such reason, as i tried to explain to him, very much like the injured jockeys fund.
And as  much as the fans feel sorry for young Neisen i doubt he is an isolated case of a club not being able to fund him. Im very sure that there are other clubs that riders have been injured and dropped because of an injury and  not been helped by said club. But you wont hear about that. THAT, is where the Ben fund comes in.

Edited by Starman2006

You might both recall the efforts of Swindon and Birmingham to raise money for Mitchell Davey and yet not a single Poole supporter or club official appears to have put his hand in his pocket for Stefan Nielsen.

It’s a disgrace.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You might both recall the efforts of Swindon and Birmingham to raise money for Mitchell Davey and yet not a single Poole supporter or club official appears to have put his hand in his pocket for Stefan Nielsen.

It’s a disgrace.

But you do not know that for sure DC, so you really shouldnt Asume mate.. But if it involves Poole you will try and make a song and dance about it because it suits your agenda. right or wrong. Never asume.

Edited by Starman2006

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It’s a disgrace.

More than happy to donate to a Just Giving Page when you’ve got it set up. Please let us have the details ASAP.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

He's no longer a sponsor DC, he sponsors riders apparantely  but has nothing to do with the club as such. And i dont think the system he's proposing would work or be feasable. The REF fund of ours is for Poole riders which money is allocated  to each rider over a period of the season,  You cannot keep making/ having different set ups for one club, the REF has been going donkeys years, fans cannot keep paying out. The Ben fund is there for such reason, as i tried to explain to him, very much like the injured jockeys fund.
And as  much as the fans feel sorry for young Neisen i doubt he is an isolated case of a club not being able to fund him. Im very sure that there are other clubs that riders have been injured and dropped because of an injury and  not been helped by said club. But you wont hear about that. THAT, is where the Ben fund comes in.

Sorry Starman, when you start talking about horses and jockeys, it has the same effect as when Matt Ford tries to compare speedway with football in his programme notes. I switch off and turn the page, very quickly.

Ps. For clarity .Not sponsors riders apparently but, definitely!!!!

Edited by Aviator
Clarity
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Sorry Starman, when you start talking about horses and jockeys, it has the same effect as when Matt Ford tries to compare speedway with football in his programme notes. I switch off and turn the page, very quickly.

Ps. For clarity .Not sponsors riders apparently but, definitely!!!!

Nope no different mate. The injured jockeys fund is for that purpose, the Ben fund is for speedway riders purpose. What individual clubs do is up to them. Ours is the REF fund.

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Nope no different mate. The injured jockeys fund is for that purpose, the Ben fund is for speedway riders purpose. What individual clubs do is up to them. Ours is the REF fund.

Ref is for equipment not injured riders in which it is a well supported cause 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Aviator said:

More than happy to donate to a Just Giving Page when you’ve got it set up. Please let us have the details ASAP.

Send your cheque payable to “Stefan Nielsen” to him at 

Scunthorpe Speedway, 157, Moorwell Road, Scunthorpe, DN17 2SX

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It will be done today but, I feel you have missed an opportunity in gaining a larger collection for Stefan by failing to set up a Just Giving Page and opening up the cause to a much wider community. So instead of getting off your a..e and really doing something you appear to want others to do the work for you!!!

26 minutes ago, DC2 said:

This address is different to that on their website which is below and a little worrying. So I’ve tried calling them and there is no reply. I’ve left a message for them to call me with their bank details so that I can transfer it electronically. It seems Scunthorpe don’t have a collection fund either as there’s nothing on their website!!!!!

Eddie Wright Raceway, Normanby Road, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 8QZ

5 minutes ago, Aviator said:

This address is different to that on their website which is below and a little worrying. So I’ve tried calling them and there is no reply. I’ve left a message for them to call me with their bank details so that I can transfer it electronically. It seems Scunthorpe don’t have a collection fund either as there’s nothing on their website!!!!!

Eddie Wright Raceway, Normanby Road, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 8QZ

Moorwell Road is Rob Godfrey's garage address.

The track is at Normanby Road.