British Speedway Forum

Only teasing, Steve. We all know you’re a top independent trader.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Only teasing, Steve. We all know you’re a top independent trader.  :)

Yes Del boy :D

As I brought up the subject regading  a Poole collection for broken leg rider Steph Nielsen, I would like to thank anyone that has contributed money for this young riders collection, and understand that funds have already been forwarded to Mr Paul Duff who is in charge of our draws and collections, once agin I am trying to obtain a meeting collection at Scunthorpe, and would like to thank anyone that has contributed.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 1:37 PM, christalan said:

How does one become a REF member?

Try contacting Stan and Val Vatcher on 01202 691143. They are very helpful people and have been running the REF for years.

A bit early I know but anyone know if C.Holder may be allowed to ride again in 2019 ??

Raise the question as I am sure Matt would like to have both Holders back for 2019 if he can get them.

I see Chris is doing badly in the SGP and almost certain he won't get into top  8 qualifiers for 2019 in 4 remaining rounds, currently 12 out of 15 (excl wildcards).  Pedersen 10th and after last night thing both him and Doyle 11th who has had injuries will likely get WC as maybe Vaculik who has been injured and didnt get a real chance from his WC for 2018.

A real conundrum for Monster who are main sponsors and also sponsor Holder. Based on form last season and this he doesnt deserve arguably to be in as there are maybe more deserving riders coming through. But Speedway being what it is will his mate Monster Joe protect his Sponsorship interests and wrangle him in again. Arguably would be unfair to some of the better youngsters coming through and other younger established riders who are in front on merit alone with Holder continually going backwards in POL and Swe.

If he doesn't get in then assume he will have to ride in Aussie Champ to have chance to qualify and would no GP mean he would be more desperate to ride in UK League 2019 IF he is given the all clear which surely there must be a decision on well before the 2019 start. For sure he is a shadow of what he has been even if he does still look all action on the bike.

51 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

A bit early I know but anyone know if C.Holder may be allowed to ride again in 2019 ??

Raise the question as I am sure Matt would like to have both Holders back for 2019 if he can get them.

I see Chris is doing badly in the SGP and almost certain he won't get into top  8 qualifiers for 2019 in 4 remaining rounds, currently 12 out of 15 (excl wildcards).  Pedersen 10th and after last night thing both him and Doyle 11th who has had injuries will likely get WC as maybe Vaculik who has been injured and didnt get a real chance from his WC for 2018.

A real conundrum for Monster who are main sponsors and also sponsor Holder. Based on form last season and this he doesnt deserve arguably to be in as there are maybe more deserving riders coming through. But Speedway being what it is will his mate Monster Joe protect his Sponsorship interests and wrangle him in again. Arguably would be unfair to some of the better youngsters coming through and other younger established riders who are in front on merit alone with Holder continually going backwards in POL and Swe.

If he doesn't get in then assume he will have to ride in Aussie Champ to have chance to qualify and would no GP mean he would be more desperate to ride in UK League 2019 IF he is given the all clear which surely there must be a decision on well before the 2019 start. For sure he is a shadow of what he has been even if he does still look all action on the bike.

Think Chris will be haed pressed to make the top 8 this year, and i would doubt he wouldl get a wild card.  As for riding for us in 0-19, anybody know what the league set up will be.. Again the answer to that will be no.. Anybody know who will be chair of management comittee, hopefully not the person who's there now.

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

But Speedway being what it is will his mate Monster Joe protect his Sponsorship interests and wrangle him in again.

If Holder continues to be so poor on the biggest stage, it won't be in Monster's interests to maintain their relationship.

5 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Think that ship has sailed 

in the echo Matt considering bomber for next season, sounds like Matt staying as well

9 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

in the echo Matt considering bomber for next season, sounds like Matt staying as well

The article continues that he is considering all his assets as well - but will have to wait to see what rules and regs are agreed before any decisions are made.

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The article continues that he is considering all his assets as well - but will have to wait to see what rules and regs are agreed before any decisions are made.

Matt never misses the opportunity to keep Poole in the sports news of the Echo.

A lot will depend on the league structure for 2019 - Team points limit - Will there be a one over  8 point ceiling rule retained for heat leaders - that could work out quite nicely for Poole whatever the new set up if all the riders stay below 8 and with only 7 qualifying fixtures left (as Playoffs don't count on GSA) then Poole could finish the season with all riders under 8. With Brady currently on  7.53 and with his inconsistency he could well stay just shy of 8. Bomber is on 6.99 and much for next season may also depend on what his final GSA is in the remaining 7 matches. At around 7 he is still decent value as he is a trier who can actually overtake from the back. Also NO baggage attached with no real overseas clashes/commitments, and lives UK so won't break the Bank.

Thought something may have crept out about possible scenario League wise for next season after Jon Cook eluded to exciting plans being formulated by the  BSPA for 2019. Surely that MUST be in reference to the League structure for next season. He said he was available to discuss certain things on the first bend recently during a home meeting but have seen nothing come out re these new exciting plans. Still early days I know but rumours tend to creep out sometimes.

17 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

I don't think that was seriously in doubt. Just my opinion of course.

18 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Matt never misses the opportunity to keep Poole in the sports news of the Echo.

A lot will depend on the league structure for 2019 - Team points limit - Will there be a one over  8 point ceiling rule retained for heat leaders - that could work out quite nicely for Poole whatever the new set up if all the riders stay below 8 and with only 7 qualifying fixtures left (as Playoffs don't count on GSA) then Poole could finish the season with all riders under 8. With Brady currently on  7.53 and with his inconsistency he could well stay just shy of 8. Bomber is on 6.99 and much for next season may also depend on what his final GSA is in the remaining 7 matches. At around 7 he is still decent value as he is a trier who can actually overtake from the back. Also NO baggage attached with no real overseas clashes/commitments, and lives UK so won't break the Bank.

Thought something may have crept out about possible scenario League wise for next season after Jon Cook eluded to exciting plans being formulated by the  BSPA for 2019. Surely that MUST be in reference to the League structure for next season. He said he was available to discuss certain things on the first bend recently during a home meeting but have seen nothing come out re these new exciting plans. Still early days I know but rumours tend to creep out sometimes.

The Echo also tweeted that the article about considering Harris for next season had more views than the top AFCB news!  

The current August GSA's give Brady as 7.05 and Bomber as 7.00, so there could be a chance that come 23rd of this month the September averages could see Bomber at 1 - which would be better for the team imo.  

Also aside from Frederik's 0,0,0, last night, he will complete his 4 home/4 away meeting average at next Monday's Somerset away meeting and there is every chance that he will be in the 1-5 from the following Monday ie the Bank Holiday Monday.  Who will take his place at reserve is anyone's guess at the moment, but should still give us a very strong reserve pairing?!

Edited by Skidder1