British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Booey boy said:

If there is one league next season I think Peterborough would use Harris as he is there asset

Was he a Coventry asset? 

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Was he a Coventry asset? 

He was but sold to Peterborough at the beginning of the season. Not much point in having an asset but no track.

6 hours ago, Gemini said:

He was but sold to Peterborough at the beginning of the season. Not much point in having an asset but no track.

Seems strange for them to buy him and not use him 

So what now for Chris Holder in what must be his worse year in top flight  speedway results wise.

Unable to ride UK as banned and nobody seems any  further forward from what I  read as to whether he will be allowed to ride again in UK.

Almost certainly out of the SGP series for 2019 and let's hope there is no rule bending by Monster Joe as the SGP main sponsors to get him in through the back door again on a Wild Card. There are better riders both established and young up and coming more deserving then what he has achieved over the last 2 seasons.

Reading the Polish sites he cost his team the win at Sparta last night with a pathetic 2 points and seems was even  dropped in 2 rides. Brother Jack scored 11 from 5 completed rides as fell in one race. Rumour is this is the straw that has broken the camels back, as it meant they can't qualify now for the play offs in their last meeting and he will almost certainly be shown the door after the last meeting. No doubt will get fixed up elsewhere but he called Torun his second home in an interview last season on camera.

His performances in Sweden have been very up and down and his team will not make the play offs. Wouldnt surprise me if they also release him.

I have been very supportive of Chris in the past but his personal problems which led to his banning in UK seem to be mainly of his own making from what I have heard and no excuse for his poor performances in POL & GP's. Many top riders GP hold reasonable form as they mature into their late 20'/30's but Chris has gone backwards arguably in each of the last 3 seasons getting worse each year. Still only 31 in September but even at such a young age you have to ask are his best days now gone.

Question now is that IF he does get ok to ride UK again would Matt really want a rider going in reverse, and is his 7 point av probably indicative of the best you would get out of him anyway. Maybe some stability and riding with Jack in UK may help as he does have his house here. One could argue that Jack is getting better and as a Poole asset and together with Chris then MAYBE between them they are worth more as a pair than what their present combined GSA's of approx 14.06 for the two portray. (I took Jacks form the current Somerset site where it shows his current 20 match rolling GSA).

I'm fairly sure that the Visa/work permit issue means that he can't reapply for one year so I guess the correct application will be submitted again 12 moths after the ban ended. Once things are settled again in the UK then (and depending what the league set-up is in 2019) he would be worth the risk imo.

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm fairly sure that the Visa/work permit issue means that he can't reapply for one year so I guess the correct application will be submitted again 12 moths after the ban ended. Once things are settled again in the UK then (and depending what the league set-up is in 2019) he would be worth the risk imo.

Hope he goes to Somerset with his brother... 

40 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

So what now for Chris Holder in what must be his worse year in top flight  speedway results wise.

Unable to ride UK as banned and nobody seems any  further forward from what I  read as to whether he will be allowed to ride again in UK.

Almost certainly out of the SGP series for 2019 and let's hope there is no rule bending by Monster Joe as the SGP main sponsors to get him in through the back door again on a Wild Card. There are better riders both established and young up and coming more deserving then what he has achieved over the last 2 seasons.

Reading the Polish sites he cost his team the win at Sparta last night with a pathetic 2 points and seems was even  dropped in 2 rides. Brother Jack scored 11 from 5 completed rides as fell in one race. Rumour is this is the straw that has broken the camels back, as it meant they can't qualify now for the play offs in their last meeting and he will almost certainly be shown the door after the last meeting. No doubt will get fixed up elsewhere but he called Torun his second home in an interview last season on camera.

His performances in Sweden have been very up and down and his team will not make the play offs. Wouldnt surprise me if they also release him.

I have been very supportive of Chris in the past but his personal problems which led to his banning in UK seem to be mainly of his own making from what I have heard and no excuse for his poor performances in POL & GP's. Many top riders GP hold reasonable form as they mature into their late 20'/30's but Chris has gone backwards arguably in each of the last 3 seasons getting worse each year. Still only 31 in September but even at such a young age you have to ask are his best days now gone.

Question now is that IF he does get ok to ride UK again would Matt really want a rider going in reverse, and is his 7 point av probably indicative of the best you would get out of him anyway. Maybe some stability and riding with Jack in UK may help as he does have his house here. One could argue that Jack is getting better and as a Poole asset and together with Chris then MAYBE between them they are worth more as a pair than what their present combined GSA's of approx 14.06 for the two portray. (I took Jacks form the current Somerset site where it shows his current 20 match rolling GSA).

As ive said mate in other posts. Chris will be hard pressed to make the top 8, and I would doubt he will get a wildcard.As for riding in the UK next season, he needs to be on his visa the minute the season finishes or before. his ban has ended then they cannot stop him working.

6 minutes ago, Trees said:

Hope he goes to Somerset with his brother... 

Im sure you do..

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I would not want to see him back at Poole. Was always a bit of a prima dona and established an Aussie ghetto in the pits. Let us down very badly in the last two years that he actually rode for us with “I feel sick”, I’ve got a headache” and “I’ve got toothache” lame excuses and this year he did not come clean over the work permit issues, leaving the team in limbo for 3 months. Very bad tempered with a foul mouth!!! Why, would you want him back???

• Like 6

17 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Seems strange for them to buy him and not use him 

Averages dictate the riders that can be used and they chose Scott who they also bought, while no doubt getting nice loan fees from Glasgow and Poole, so it's always useful to have assets. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Richie Worrall drops to reserve from 1st September that won't help us.

It will if he sorts his b!00dy engines out!!!!!

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Richie Worrall drops to reserve from 1st September that won't help us.

Can he not borrow one of Brady's engines like Linus did? 

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can he not borrow one of Brady's engines like Linus did? 

Perhaps the promoter could loan him an engine as he has done in the past for various foreign riders who don’t appear to “love” him anymore!!!