British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Can he not borrow one of Brady's engines like Linus did? 

The one he uses for Edinburgh seems to work ok

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It will if he sorts his b!00dy engines out!!!!!

sadly, that seemed to be his problem at Belle Vue, when he had to borrow Stevie's faster bike, he seemed to ride better and score more points,

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

The one he uses for Edinburgh seems to work ok

smaller tighter track, power and speed not as important there, more track craft.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 2:35 PM, STEVEHOLS54 said:

A bit early I know but anyone know if C.Holder may be allowed to ride again in 2019 ??

Raise the question as I am sure Matt would like to have both Holders back for 2019 if he can get them.

I see Chris is doing badly in the SGP and almost certain he won't get into top  8 qualifiers for 2019 in 4 remaining rounds, currently 12 out of 15 (excl wildcards).  Pedersen 10th and after last night thing both him and Doyle 11th who has had injuries will likely get WC as maybe Vaculik who has been injured and didnt get a real chance from his WC for 2018.

A real conundrum for Monster who are main sponsors and also sponsor Holder. Based on form last season and this he doesnt deserve arguably to be in as there are maybe more deserving riders coming through. But Speedway being what it is will his mate Monster Joe protect his Sponsorship interests and wrangle him in again. Arguably would be unfair to some of the better youngsters coming through and other younger established riders who are in front on merit alone with Holder continually going backwards in POL and Swe.

If he doesn't get in then assume he will have to ride in Aussie Champ to have chance to qualify and would no GP mean he would be more desperate to ride in UK League 2019 IF he is given the all clear which surely there must be a decision on well before the 2019 start. For sure he is a shadow of what he has been even if he does still look all action on the bike.

depends on the home office sorting his passport out, splittin with his partner messed up his work permit/ visa ,

2 hours ago, heathen chemistry said:

depends on the home office sorting his passport out, splittin with his partner messed up his work permit/ visa ,

Nothing to do with that..

7 hours ago, heathen chemistry said:

Not sure how that affects your visa as Watt split up from his wife and good few years ago and he still carried on riding for British clubs.

I think Chris is going to retire at the end of the season.

If he doesn't I wouldn't want him back tbh. He's nothing like the rider he once was.

2 minutes ago, Trumpy said:

If he doesn't I wouldn't want him back tbh. He's nothing like the rider he once was.

Clearly you are not a Poole fan. Leave that for us to decide, eh. Nobody knows what the future set up of British speedway will be yet.

16 minutes ago, Trumpy said:

I can't think of many riders who have fallen back so far at a relatively young age without a devastating injury.

7 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

I can't think of many riders who have fallen back so far at a relatively young age without a devastating injury.

He has gone through a very tough two seasons which would have devistated most people in normal jobs. There is no ending in sight and it has wrecked his career and personal life. No wonder he is where he is.

11 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Clearly you are not a Poole fan. Leave that for us to decide, eh. Nobody knows what the future set up of British speedway will be yet.

Jog on you big baby.

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He has gone through a very tough two seasons which would have devistated most people in normal jobs. There is no ending in sight and it has wrecked his career and personal life. No wonder he is where he is.

My point exactly. 

But on this forum you have to put everything down word for word otherwise the sensitive ones get upset. 

One injury too many and on top of that Chris has the Darcy business in the back of his mind.  

On 8/25/2018 at 10:07 PM, Trumpy said:

Have a day off he still has plenty to give in the crap league

2 hours ago, Orbiter said:

Have a day off he still has plenty to give in the crap league

Why should he have a day of looking at Holder in the GP's he is not half the rider he was 3 years ago it's plain to see his form in Poland is bad as well 

3 hours ago, Booey boy said:

Why should he have a day of looking at Holder in the GP's he is not half the rider he was 3 years ago it's plain to see his form in Poland is bad as well 

What are you gibbering on about?