British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

I think you will find its both. A lot of fans dont have the time  on a week day and they cannot afford it. I speak to many Poole fans who used to go to Poole and away on a regular basis but can no longer afford to do so.

I don’t believe that.

I can understand people not being able to get time off work but not being able to afford it? Wouldn’t cost more than £75 with fuel and entry. If someone can’t afford that they should look seriously at where they have gone wrong in life and make changes. People today are better off than they have ever been.

Not aimed at people on sickness benefit.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t believe that.

I can understand people not being able to get time off work but not being able to afford it? Wouldn’t cost more than £75 with fuel and entry. If someone can’t afford that they should look seriously at where they have gone wrong in life and make changes. People today are better off than they have ever been.

Your post says a lot about you as an individual :sad:

• Like 6

Just now, Steve0 said:

It sure does total rubbish 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t believe that.

Oh dear...……..

4 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Doing things right in life?

What is £75? Dinner for 2 at an average restaurant? Just over half a tank of fuel? A pair of cheapish jeans? A new shirt? A months subscription to Sky?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What is £75? Dinner for 2 at an average restaurant? Just over half a tank of fuel? A pair of cheapish jeans? A new shirt? A months subscription to Sky?

Pompous-oaf .!!!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

In the real world £75 is ....

A whole weeks shopping (any restaurant is out of the question)

Bus fares for a month

A years clothing budget

The only sky they see is the one above their heads

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Bus fares for a month

A years clothing budget

Most families have 2 cars. A big flat screen tv. Sky and BT. 2 holidays abroad every year. Weekly visits to Wagamamas or Nandos. 

People have never had it so good. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Most families have 2 cars. A big flat screen tv. Sky and BT. 2 holidays abroad every year. Weekly visits to Wagamamas or Nandos. 

People have never had it so good. 

Now i really do believe you are from another planet.

1 minute ago, BLACKHEART said:

Steve Shovlar

Could be down to a number of different reasons why some fans didn't make the Lynn trip. You're assuming the only reason why some fans didn't make the Lynn trip is because they can't afford it. Do yourself a favour and drop the topic of conversation as it doesn't look good on you to be honest. 

Never said that at all. I said that some couldn’t have made it due to work commitments. And others might be on benefits. 

Still don't alter the fact that most clubs have a end of season bash whether a dinner dance or a social evening and as a club that won the top league in the UK we had nothing . Just my opinion 

4 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

You're throwing around figures and saying people should look at themselves in life whilst saying people have never had it so good. Like I said it doesn't make you come across well at all to be honest. Just enjoy our title triumph. 

Its a fact that every generation is better off than the previous generation. Who doesn’t own a smart phone? 20 years ago many didn’t even own a mobile. 

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Still don't alter the fact that most clubs have a end of season bash whether a dinner dance or a social evening and as a club that won the top league in the UK we had nothing . Just my opinion 

Give Matt a ring and tell him you will organise it.

52 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Bus fares for a month

A years clothing budget

Agree. He's making himself look like a plonker...

£100 is my whole weeks shopping for 3.

£75. "cheap jeans", the man says :rofl: £15 are cheap jeans !!

£75 for a "shirt" :rofl:  £10 -£15

£75 " half a tank of fuel" :rofl:  My Mr average car costs £65 to fill it up!!

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Give Matt a ring and tell him you will organise it.

Good idea I leave it in your hands as you seemingly are the mouth piece for Poole speedway