British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

Good idea I leave it in your hands as you seemingly are the mouth piece for Poole speedway 

That I am most certainly not. But as you are desperate for some end of season “Do” perhaps you will put you hand in your pocket to pay all the airfares?

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That I am most certainly not. But as you are desperate for some end of season “Do” perhaps you will put you hand in your pocket to pay all the airfares?

But Matt has already said he was organising something at the stadium. It is all on Hancock's podcast for everyone to hear.

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Surely with everyone being so well off the riders could pay their own - after all they are probably using £50 notes as toilet paper :P

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But Matt has already said he was organising something at the stadium. It is all on Hancock's podcast for everyone to hear.

Then what’s al the fuss about?

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then what’s al the fuss about?

Cos nothing else has been said and this was nearly 3 weeks ago...Lol 

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Most families have 2 cars. A big flat screen tv. Sky and BT. 2 holidays abroad every year. Weekly visits to Wagamamas or Nandos. 

People have never had it so good. 

Well I can honestly say my pockets jingled more when Maggie Thatcher was PM

• Like 2

Perhaps he's treated the riders and not the fans this year, been to the F1 haven't they? 

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Perhaps he's treated the riders and not the fans this year, been to the F1 haven't they? 

They haven't been yet, think it's around 22nd ish November. Seeing as it's after the AGM, he can tell them they didn't make the team next season in a happy environment! 

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t believe that.

I can understand people not being able to get time off work but not being able to afford it? Wouldn’t cost more than £75 with fuel and entry. If someone can’t afford that they should look seriously at where they have gone wrong in life and make changes. People today are better off than they have ever been.

Not aimed at people on sickness benefit.

Listen Steve, many people cannot take time off work on a whim. They have FULL TIME jobs, many people and if you read my post cannot afford to spend the best part of £100 it would have cost for the trip assuming more than one go.
Many people are not, alledgedly in your postion. You say people are better off now that they have ever been, rubbish that i will not agree with you on.  Read my posts, i see and hear it every week.

• Like 1

I don’t believe that.

I can understand people not being able to get time off work but not being able to afford it? Wouldn’t cost more than £75 with fuel and entry. If someone can’t afford that they should look seriously at where they have gone wrong in life and make changes. People today are better off than they have ever been.

Not aimed at people on sickness benefit.

I do believe that you are on a wind up.

A big percentage of people earn less than £10 an hour bills are going up and up and the leisure pound is getting less and less. People now have to pick and choose what they spend it on and in my opinion its a big reason why speedway gates are down.It would seem when people have to pick and choose speedway is way down on the list and are going every now and again instead of every week.

Well done for doing well in life but a hell of a lot of people are not in the same boat.

Its a fact that every generation is better off than the previous generation. Who doesn’t own a smart phone? 20 years ago many didn’t even own a mobile. 

That must be why home ownership is now declining faster than speedway attendances ... And, i don't own a smart phone either  :D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

That must be why home ownership is now declining faster than speedway attendances ... And, i don't own a smart phone either  :D

Well you are from Suffolk!!!  :o ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Listen Steve, many people cannot take time off work on a whim. They have FULL TIME jobs, many people and if you read my post cannot afford to spend the best part of £100 it would have cost for the trip assuming more than one go.
Many people are not, alledgedly in your postion. You say people are better off now that they have ever been, rubbish that i will not agree with you on.  Read my posts, i see and hear it every week.

Mike. Again you have not read my post properly. My first sentence says, “I can understand people not being able to get time off work.....”

Most people can afford £75 for a playoff final trip. And it would be much less if the fuel was shared. Whether people would want a 11 hour round trip to Kings Lynn is a different argument when it’s on TV.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Mike. Again you have not read my post properly. My first sentence says, “I can understand people not being able to get time off work.....”

Most people can afford £75 for a playoff final trip. And it would be much less if the fuel was shared. Whether people would want a 11 hour round trip to Kings Lynn is a different argument when it’s on TV.

Would that be a 70" TV? ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well done to the title-winning riders who are all off to the Abu Dhabi F1 at the end of November - including guest Nick Morris. Brady is also able to join them.

It was going to be Las Vegas but Freddie Jacobsen is 'too young' to be allowed to enjoy everything on offer so, Abu Dhabi it is with the management and a couple of the club sponsors. (see today's Bournemouth Echo for full story).  www.bournemouthecho.co.uk

There is  the first of the Autumn/Winter supporters club (R.E.F.) gatherings in Champs Bar at the stadium on November 14th which will include showing the film/dvd of the 70th Anniversary Dinner featuring interviews with 20+ past and present riders, for those fans that were unable to attend back in March.

Not sure if any of the riders or management will be in attendance?

Edited by Skidder1